062

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Whispering

Pairing: none

Word Count: 418

 

Sanghyuk tried not to wince as he heard everyone whispering around him. Honestly, you would think he’d get used to it after so many years, but the whispers never stopped being hurtful. It never stopped making him wish that he was human, that his fae blood didn’t exist. That his father had never happened to his mother. But it didn’t matter how much he wished, he would always be part fae and humans would always hate him. It would never matter what he did, he was to be hated and despised.

Even by his own family.

After his mother had returned home from the fae kingdom pregnant, her family had cast her out and called her all kinds of horrible things. His mother had been stubborn and refused to let their words affect her, refused to change her mind on raising her son. She had loved Sanghyuk dearly, even if having him turned the whole town against her. Sanghyuk had loved her with all his heart in return.

His mother always stood up for him, always told off the people who talked badly about him. She told him over and over that he wasn’t a monster, wasn’t evil, that his life had meaning. She made sure that Sanghyuk loved himself. She promised him that not everyone he met would hate him, that their town was just backwards and wrong and that things would be different for him in the city. She promised him that she would earn enough money to take him there one day.

And then, one horrible day, she died.

She had been going about her day, trying to earn some money anyway she could, when a car struck her. The driver said that they didn’t notice her. The people in the area who didn’t call 911 right away swore that they didn’t notice anything until almost half an hour later. His mother was dead by then. Sanghyuk doubted their words, but he couldn’t prove anything. Even if he could, no one in town would listen to him.

Sanghyuk had been fifteen at the time and ever since her death he’d been alone.

But hopefully things would be different by the end of the day.

Sanghyuk was leaving the horrible town he called his birthplace. After twenty years, he would be free of the people who hated him so much. His mother had promised him that the city would be different and she had never lied to him.

He hoped that this wouldn’t be the first.

A/N: I’d originally planned something short and sweet, but then the inspiration fairy struck hahaha