054

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: You screwed Up

Pairing: not really luck, more like the promise of it

Word Count: 591

 

Taekwoon hugged his knees to his chest, silently cursing himself for being so careless. He’d tried so hard to control his wolf, to hide it away. He didn’t want to scare people, he didn’t want to be seen as a monster. He really thought that he’d done a good job. Everyone was smiling at him, praising him. He had praised him, said how wonderful he was. He had loved him.

But then his control slipped.

It was for only a second, but the consequences of that second…….. Everyone had looked at him like he was a monster or a worthless animal, a mindless beast. He had looked at Taekwoon like he was just a mindless beast. That had been what hurt the most. Knowing that all that love had died so easily…….had any of it been real? Had he ever meant it when he told Taekwoon……..anything? That he was wonderful? That he was beautiful? That he loved him?

Taekwoon had seen his horrified face, his disgusted expression, and he’d run as fast and as far as his legs could take him. He hit forest and kept going. He crossed a river and didn’t stop. He went farther then he’d ever traveled and didn’t hesitate to run farther. When he did finally stop, it was because his feet hurt and his lungs ached for air. He found himself alone in a forest that didn’t smell like anything he knew.

He curled up and started to cry.

“What’s a pretty thing like you doing out here?”

Taekwoon jumped, eyes wide in terror at the idea that he’d been followed.

“Woah!” a young man he’d never seen before said, hands raised to show that he had no weapon, “easy there. I’m not going to hurt you or anything. I was wanted to know what you’re doing here? You aren’t pack.” The boy sniffed the air, “you…..actually you spell human.”

“Sanghyuk!” someone called from deeper in the forest, closely followed by the sound of footsteps, “where are you? This hunting trip was a bust, let’s head back.”

“It wasn’t a bust, Hongbin,” the boy, Sanghyuk, called back, “come see what I found.”

“You found……a wolf?” Hongbin said as he entered Taekwoon’s sight, “he…..smells human.”

“I know, right?” Sanghyuk grinned, “don’t see many like that around.”

“For good reason,” Hongbin replied before turning to Taekwoon, “what’s your name? And what are you doing here, wanna be?”

“Hongbin,” Sanghyuk sighed, “that’s not nice.”

“He could be brining humans with him,” Hongbin challenged, “I have a right to be as mean as I like to anyone that could be a threat to our pack.”

“I’m alone,” Taekwoon said, “I……I don’t think anyone would even consider trying to find me now.”

The two wolves shared a look before turning back to face him.

“You were one of those wolves?” Hongbin scoffed, “a wanna be human. A wolf in human cloths. And when they found out the truth, they you.” He growled, “humans.”

“You can come home with us,” Sanghyuk smiled offering his hand to the other, “our pack could always use one more set of paws.”

Taekwoon sat there for a moment, looking at the two. Really looking. Both had their fluffy wolf ears and tails out; Hongbin’s a blush-ish gray and Sanghyuk’s a white-ish blond. Their nails were sharp like claws and their eyes had a wolf-ish look to them. They looked like everything he’d tried to hide for years, everything he’d been ignoring about himself.

Taekwoon hesitated one moment longer before taking the offered hand.

A/N: and that makes 5 AUs I’ll be working with throughout the span of these 300 themes. It might bite me in the later, but……for now I’m really excited for all of them.