053

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Begin

Pairing: none

Related Chapter: 032, 039, 048, 053

Word Count: 557

 

Sanghyuk gasped as he opened his eyes. For a moment, he just stared up at the blue sky and white clouds above him. For a moment, he allowed himself to feel the gentle breeze blowing through the surrounding trees and the sun warming his skin. He let himself be at peace for a moment, something he hadn’t been since his father had dragged him off to the battle field a few months prior.

And then he felt the dried and drying blood on his flesh.

And then he remembered the sword that had been rammed through his chest.

He remembered the pain of dying, of trying desperately to slow the bleeding with his hands.

He remembered the pain slowly fading with his consciousness.

He remembered taking his last breath and dying.

But now, as he sat up and looked around, Sanghyuk realized that he was alive. All around him lay the bodies or his fellow soldiers, both friend and enemy, but he still drew breath. He saw weapons left across the battle field, left behind because their owners had died or fled for their lives. The grass was mostly stained red with blood, but he could still find flowers here and there that had somehow managed to survive the fighting.

He put a hand to his wound, eyes wide as he realized that all that remained of the injury was blood. Slowly, he started to realize other things about himself. His vision seemed sharper, same for his ears. He couldn’t hear his heartbeat and his gums ached. He reached into his mouth only to find that his teeth had changed. Some were longer and all were much sharper, similar to a dog or cat or some other predatory animal.

It was then that he noticed an odd ring on his right hand. He never wore jewelry and even if he did it would never be something like that. The ring looked so odd, so wicked. Sanghyuk knew that it had to be enchanted, likely with some kind of dark magic. It had to be evil and Sanghyuk considered removing it before begin distracted by a sudden hunger that struck him. He’d never felt this hungry before in all his life, never felt hungry at all since he came from a rather wealthy family.

“Ah!” a voice said and Sanghyuk jumped to his feet, sword in hand ready to defend himself, “you’re finally awake, my son.”

“Father?” Sanghyuk questioned, not dropping his guard. The man before him might look like his father, but that didn’t mean he was. Even if it was the same man, one couldn’t blame Sanghyuk for still refusing to drop his guard. His father was, after all, a bit of a bastard.

“Yes, my son,” the man nodded, “now put down that blade and come with me. We have much to discuss.”

“I am going nowhere!” Sanghyuk snapped, “not until you tell me what is going on! I should be dead. I died! Yet here I stand, alive and well.”

“Alive?” his father laughed slightly, “oh, I would not call that alive, my son.”

“What?” Sanghyuk’s glare turned darker, “what…….what did you do, bastard!”

“I saved you, my son,” his father replied, “I made you what I am so that you wouldn’t die here with the rest of these…….creatures.

I made you a vampire.”

A/N: and thus Sanghyuk became a vampire. Dang, his old man is a , ain’t he?