052

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Better

Pairing: Rahyuk

Word Count: 144

 

“Night,” Sanghyuk whispered, cuddling close to Wonsik, “and thank you.”

“For what?” Wonsik questioned, “I didn’t do anything. I couldn’t make you feel better.”

“I know,” Sanghyuk replied, “but you’ve stayed with me all day. You let me cry on your shoulder. You held me when I needed it. I’ve dated guys in the past who wouldn’t do that for me. They’d just tell me that Leo was a dumb cat and I should just get over it because cats die.”

“Leo wasn’t a dumb cat,” Wonsik huffed, “and who the heck would even say something like that to someone that they’re dating?”

“You’d be surprised,” Sanghyuk sighed, “so, thank you for being there for me.”

“Always,” Wonsik promised, “no matter what, I’ll always be there for you. Even if I can’t make it better.”

“I love you,” Sanghyuk said.

“I love you, too.”

A/N: k, so. Rant time!!

I’ve known people who tried to pull this “just get over it” card when I was grieving. So, a week after my grandpa died, my whole grade (save for, like, 2-3 people) was going on a big, out-of-province trip. I didn’t really wanna go ‘cuz…….well duh. My parents talked me into it since they thought it would be good for me and I had been looking forewords to the trip all year up until then. Plus it cost a lot and I’m pretty sure we’d passed the “no refunds” sign by a couple dozen miles. Anyway! Day before we went on the trip, I shared my hesitance to go with two of the people sitting around my desk. One was a friend, the other was a friend until right then. The ‘friend until right then’ straight up downplayed what I was going through. Pulled this whole “grandparents die, you shouldn’t let it keep you for having fun” thing and it’s like……..who the even does that!!!!

ing c**t.

Like, at one point on the trip I broke down crying ‘cuz…….well duh. Only my one friend (the other person I’d expressed my reluctance to) came to comfort me. Let’s paint the scene for that. I was one of 52 kids in my grade. About 49-50 kids (counting me) were on that trip. Only one of those other kids and the teachers tried to comfort me. Everyone ing knew I’d lost my grandfather. Everyone knew that he’d been living with us my whole life. No one came over to help comfort me. those ing c**ts, am I right?

I…..might have gotten away from the whole “ people pulling the “ happens, people die” card when you’re grieving for someone” point.

people who pull the “ happens, people die” card when you’re grieving for someone!!