049

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Game

Pairing: none

Related Chapter: 044

Word Count: 402

 

“And that’s all she wrote,” Hongbin sighed as he watched the results appear on his screen, “we were so close.”

“Top ten isn’t so bad,” Felix replied, “especially when it’s been a while since we last played PUBG.”

“But we’ve been playing Fortnite,” Jeongin argued.

“You’re forgetting something very important, guys,” Wonsik added his two cents, “luck.”

“Where you landed had a weapons spawn,” Seungmin nodded in agreement, “and you decided for a more aggressive strat anyway. Honestly I’m a little shocked that you even got top ten.”

“Told you we should have avoided everyone,” Minho said, “guess I--.”

“If you make a know pun,” Hyunjin threatened, holding a moonball over his head, “I swear I’ll throw this at your side of the room.”

“Hey!” Wonsik jumped up, “where did you get that! Hongbin, I thought we tossed all of those.”

“Brought it from home,” Hyunjin shrugged, “thought it might be useful for situations like this.”

“Hey, mate,” Felix said, edging towards the older boy, “it’s all good. No need to unleash hell upon the room.”

“Ok,” Sanghyuk’s voice rang out from the door way, “why am I walking into a hostage negotiation?” he finally noticed the moonball, “oh, son of a . Really? We just fixed the lights.”

“Think of the lights,” Jeongin said, “think about how much trouble it was replacing them.”

“Fine,” Hyungjin sighed after a moment, “what was that call about, Hyukkie hyung?”

“You’ve heard of the JYFish channel?” Sanghyuk asked, turning his chair to face the room before sitting down and gesturing for the others to gather around.

“Yeah,” Hongbin nodded, “they’re a new channel, but very promising. Could be big if they play their cards right.”

“Well I just got a call from them,” Sanghyuk explained.

“Bull,” Minho scoffed, “why would they call you? Give us proof, pics or it didn’t happen ya know?”

“I thought it was , too,” Sanghyuk said, “but they convinced me.”

“Alright,” Felix frowned, “say we believe you. What did they want?”

“A meeting,” Sanghyuk replied, “I guess we played Siege against them and we were so good it got them interested.” Sanghyuk failed to mention that it was just him that they wanted, that he’d had to make it clear that he was a package before they wanted his friends. It had been an easy sell, so he didn’t think mentioning it was necessary.

“Wait,” Hyunjin asked, “a meeting about what?”

“They want us to join them.”

The room when crazy.

A/N: a moonball is, like, a super bouncy ball that is pretty destructive under the right conditions. Achievement Hunter has, like, 30 of them. I’ve been trained to wince whenever I hear a cry of moonball. The company that makes them is actually coming out with a special AH version. ……the world is over, there is no hope anymore, all the pretty things are dead.