004

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Swallow Your Pride

Pairing: Rahyuk

Word Count: 311

 

Pride could be a great thing, but it could also be a horrible thing. And this was one of those times when pride was a very bad thing.

“Oh my god,” Hakyeon sighed, “would you just ask him out already? This is beyond annoying now.”

“No,” Wonsik pouted, “I’m not going to confess if there’s a chance of being rejected.”

“You’re pathetic,” Hakyeon huffed, “you’re really going to let your pride stand between you and getting a date with Sanghyuk? You’ve been in love with him since pretty much forever.”

“I’m not getting rejected in front of everyone,” Wonsik replied, “and I don’t care if you think that’s stupid.”

“I don’t think,” Hakyeon rolled his eyes, “I know. Good god, how do you even know he’ll reject you? From what I’ve seen, I’m pretty sure he’d be more than happy to go out with you.”

“If that’s true,” Wonsik shrugged, “then why doesn’t he come over here and confess?”

“Because you hide your feelings better than he does,” Hakyeon shrugged in reply, “honestly, I wouldn’t be shocked if he really, truly had no idea that you like him. I don’t even think his friends know and Taekwoon and Hongbin are pretty observant.”

Wonsik didn’t reply and Hakyeon bit back more complaints.

On the other side of the cafeteria, Sanghyuk sat with his friends.

“Do you think he could like me?” Sanghyuk asked the pair, “or am I about to get rejected in front of everyone?”

“I honestly don’t know,” Hongbin replied, patting his friend’s shoulder comfortingly, “Wonsik’s a hard guy to read. Annoyingly so.”

“If you’re really nervous,” Taekwoon suggested, “maybe you should wait a couple days to work up the nerve.”

“I’ve been doing that for two weeks,” Sanghyuk sighed, “but……but maybe another day couldn’t hurt. Could it?”

“Try again tomorrow,” Hongbin said after thinking it over, “tomorrow for sure.”

A/N: so I’d originally written something else for this theme, but I hated it so much I couldn’t even finish it. I like this redone version so much better.