126

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Attention

Pairing: Hyuken

Related Chapter: magic shop AU

Word Count: 358

 

Jaehwan had fallen for Sanghyuk very hard, very quickly. It was almost crazy how fast his feelings had grown for the shop owner, how he came to depend on Sanghyuk’s kind words and insightful advice. It had all started when he’d shown up at the shop for the second time, a week after his first visit. He’d felt bad about not returning, not telling Sanghyuk that he’d chosen against fulfilling his wish. The mage had just laughed before telling him that he’d known Jaehwan wouldn’t return the second he’d found out the price.

He’d also told him that Hongbin had been offered a similar payment and never shown up again.

That was when Jaehwan’s fascination with the mage started.

Knowing that Sanghyuk was putting the customer first…….it was intriguing. Even more so when Taekwoon had admitted that there weren’t many mages who did that. Jaehwan wanted to know why Sanghyuk was so different, what had happened to make him like that, and thus started returning to the shop every chance he got.

He even started trying to help out with tasks, from cleaning up to going out and retrieving items that customers had requested. Sanghyuk didn’t really like sending him out on those kinds of jobs at first, he’d worried about the sweet little human who’d become enamoured with him, but he stopped worrying when Jaehwan showed a remarkable talent at dealing with magical creatures.

Jaehwan delighted in the looks Sanghyuk gave him when he returned, with the attention and praise he received. It filled him with more joy then being on stage did, then his dream of acting ever did. It was weird at first, he’d spent so much of his life working to become an idol, but working at the shop…….

When his group turned seven, most of the members didn’t renew their contracts. The company declared the group disbanded, sending them off with one last album. Jaehwan had practically run to Sanghyuk’s shop as soon as promotions ended, suitcase in hand and asking for Sanghyuk to accept him as an employee.

The look Sanghyuk gave him filled him with so much warmth is was unbelievable.

A/N: I actually debated Jaehwan quitting being an idol for a few seconds since, like, that was such a big thing for him. It was part of his wish that led him to Sanghyuk in the first place, but…..*shrug* it felt right to make him part of the shop’s staff. Haha might end up making Hongbin part of the staff, too. Really make it the VIXX Magic Shop.