122

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Mirror

Pairing: Hyukbin

Word Count: 441

 

Hongbin sighed sadly to himself as he looked at his reflection in the mirror. In a few more minutes, it was going to be his eighteenth birthday. In a few more minutes, his reflection would change to that of his soulmate. In a few more minutes, he’d know who he was supposed to be with for the rest of his life.

Unfortunately, that someone wasn’t going to be who he wanted to be with.

You see, Hongbin had once been overjoyed to know he had a soulmate. He’d been thrilled that he would one day get to see them in a mirror, that he’d have a way to find them. He’d looked forewords to the day he’d get to be with the person he was made for. He had looked at his mother and father and felt such joy knowing that he would have what they had some day.

But then came the first day of high school.

The day he met Sanghyuk, his best friend and the love of his life.

Sanghyuk was a couple grades ahead of him and had been given the task of guide for Hongbin’s freshmen class. The pair had instantly connected over their love of video games and music. Sanghyuk had quickly become one of the most important people in Hongbin’s life and Hongbin just knew that Sanghyuk was his soulmate.

He had to be.

He…..he wasn’t.

The morning of Sanghyuk’s eighteenth birthday, Hongbin had woken up expecting a call from the other. He’d expected a confession and his life to be perfect like he’d always dreamed. But no phone call came that morning. At first, Hongbin tried to brush it off as Sanghyuk sleeping late. Lord knew that boy would sleep the whole day away if left alone. But as the morning dragged on and started turning to noon, his worry grew.

Sanghyuk’s mother would have woken him up, right?

She wouldn’t let him sleep on such an important day, right?

It wasn’t until that night when Sanghyuk finally called and Hongbin……..he just knew that he wasn’t going to like what he heard.

But he shoved down those fears because the world wouldn’t do that to him, right?

There was no way the universe would present him with the most perfect person for him and they take him away.

Sanghyuk had slept really late.

When he woke up and saw Hongbin in the mirror, he’d had to take a few hours to collect his thoughts.

That’s all it was.

That is not all it was.

And now, Hongbin was about to turn eighteen himself and his reflection wasn’t going to show what he wanted.

A/N: poor Hongbin. I swear, I did not set out to write sad Hyukbin. To be totally honest, this was gonna be a happy Hyuken, but things happened and now……sad Hyukbin.