012

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Cats

Pairing: HyuKen, side!Neo, side!Rabin

Word Count: 479

 

Cats were simple. Well, compared to other animals that one could have as a pet. It was why Jaehwan had wanted one when he decided that is apartment was too lonely with just him. Back when Hakyeon was living with him, the apartment was full of life, but then Hakyeon decided that he wanted to live with his boyfriend Taekwoon and all that life left with him. Jaehwan was convinced that a cat would provide just enough life to make his home a home again.

Unfortunately, the cat he ended up with wasn’t simple.

Ravi liked to sneak out of the apartment a lot. Jaehwan had no idea how he was getting out, but the cat would be there when he left for work and missing when he got home. Ravi always came back, though. Jaehwan never went to bed wondering where the animal was because Ravi was always back by then. But still, the question of where the cat was going bugged Jaehwan a lot. So much so that one day he decided that he was going to put a GPS tracker on the cat so he could find out.

Finding one that would fit onto Ravi’s collar wasn’t very hard, but finding one that the cat wouldn’t fight to remove was a lot harder. It was like Ravi knew what he was up to, like he didn’t want Jaehwan to find out where he was going. Eventually he did find something that the cat wouldn’t – or couldn’t – remove and Ravi was clearly unhappy about it. For several weeks, Ravi refused to go out. He’d spend all day sleeping on the couch. Jaehwan was just about to call the whole thing off, feeling bad about messing with Ravi’s life.

That was when Sanghyuk came knocking on the door.

Sanghyuk explained that Ravi was always showing up in his apartment which was just down the hall from Jaehwan’s. All the apartments shared balconies, a bit of railing creating an illusion of separation. It would be easy for a cat, like Ravi, to slip between the bars and go into any apartment that had their balcony door open. This was what Ravi did every day in order to visit Sanghyuk’s cat Hongbin. Sanghyuk enjoyed the visits as well, mostly because seeing Ravi seemed to make Hongbin happy, which was why he’d gotten concerned when Ravi had stopped showing up.

When Jaehwan explained what was going on, Sanghyuk had laughed. He made a joke about Ravi not wanting his dad to know about his secret boyfriend and Jaehwan couldn’t help but laugh as well. Sanghyuk had a really nice laugh. And a great smile. And his eyes were gorgeous. And……Sanghyuk was very handsome.

Jaehwan had taken Ravi’s tracker off after that and the cat resumed his visits to Sanghyuk and Hongbin, it was just that now Jaehwan would go with him.

A/N:  this is pretty cute. Especially Ravi and Hongbin.