117

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Anonymous

Pairing: Hyukbin

Word Count: 302

 

Sanghyuk scowled as he read through the posts he’d found on an anti-VIXX blog, his anger growing with each hateful word sprouted. He hated people like this, people who used the anonymous nature of the internet to say all the horrible that they would normally never dream of saying in real life. It was cowardly and despicable.

Sanghyuk hadn’t found this site. He’d learned several years ago that it was better for his mental health if he didn’t go looking for hate. He’d still see it, sure. There were lots of antis who went out of their way to make sure him and s – and other idols as well for that matter – know of their distain. But those people were easily drowned out by the fans that saw these comments and would go out of their way to disagree.

No, the one who found this site was Hongbin.

And the blog wasn’t just anti-VIXX, it was anti-Hongbin.

Sanghyuk wished that the older man would stop doing this to himself. It was like…..it was like Hongbin believed this crap about himself, like he was looking proof that his self-hating thoughts were justified or something. And Sanghyuk hated thinking that this was how Hongbin, amazing and wonderfully talented Hongbin, saw himself.

He looked over at Hongbin, sleeping peacefully in their bed. He tried his best to make sure the other knew how much he was loved, how much of an amazing person he was. How talented he was. To Sanghyuk, Hongbin was good at everything he did to the point that Sanghyuk used to feel inferior. Sometimes he still did, but not as often as when he was a young kid with not confidence.

With a sigh, Sanghyuk put away the others laptop and resolved to bring this up with Hongbin tomorrow.

A/N: for a moment, I wanted to bring up a moment or two where antis went to a fan event to say horrible crap to a VIXX member (still remember the time someone did that to Hakyeon. Wasn’t that , like, ing bragging ‘bout it on her Twitter or something? Can you say c**t?) but that didn’t really fit the whole “anonymous hate comments” thing I was going for so I decided to save mentioning it for the author’s note.

Honestly, who the hell does that? Go to a fan event to say hateful crap? Like, those people REALLY need to get a life. Saying random hateful online……you can do that anywhere – on the bus, in class, waiting to get in to see a doctor – it doesn’t really require you to dedicate a lot of time (still enough time to make me question what the s wrong with you, but whatever). Running an anti blog takes more time, but still can be done from anywhere thanks to the wonders of technology. But going to fan events? You need to dedicate a few hours to that and just that. Like, do you really, REALLY have nothing better to do with your life?