112

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Jobs

Pairing: Chasang

Word Count: 413

 

Sanghyuk didn’t always have the best luck with work. It wasn’t his fault; he did everything he was supposed to do and tried to be the best employee ever. Bad things just…..happened. One job was lost because of water damage, the owner wasn’t sure if or when they’d be able to reopen so they’d let everyone go instead of letting them have false hope. Another job came to an end when the owner went bankrupt. Yet another was lost when the owners were arrested for something. He didn’t remember exactly what they were busted for, all he knew was that it ended that job.

It all made Sanghyuk very hesitant to get invested in any job that he got. And why should he? If he was just gonna end up losing the job for one reason or another, why should he like it? Caring about his job hadn’t done him any good before, it just left him feeling like crap for months after. After all, it wasn’t just him out of work when his bad luck caused the whole business to shut down. Heck, if he didn’t need the money then he wouldn’t get a job at all.

That was what made his current job all the more horrible for him.

He knew that the café was Hakyeon and Taekwoon’s dream. He knew that Hongbin needed the money to pay for school since his parents refused to help him. He knew that this was the first place to give Jaehwan a chance to bake like he wanted. He knew that this was Wonsik’s favorite place to go when he wanted to work on his songs since his roommate was a jerk who never let him work in peace. He didn’t want his bad luck to ruin this.

And that was why he’d tried to quit. He’d gone to Hakyeon and begged to be let go. He’d explained everything to him, all the times his bad luck had ruined things for him, but Hakyeon had brushed it off. Hakyeon had told him not to worry, that it would all be fine. He said he didn’t believe in bad luck. He said he didn’t want to let Sanghyuk go when he fit in with them so well, his cheeks heating up slightly indicated that it was a little more than that.

Sanghyuk……Sanghyuk hoped to god that Hakyeon’s feelings – and his own since he could have fought a lot harder – didn’t bite them in the .

A/N: spoiler: nothing bad happens. Sanghyuk’s bad luck with work is over and everyone lives happily ever after.