104

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Time

Pairing: Luck

Word Count: 356

 

Time was a strange thing. Sometimes it dragged on for ages, each minute taking an hour to pass. Other times it seemed to pass by in a flash, an hour gone within seconds and a day within minutes. Time felt especially short when you were on the edge of losing someone you loved. It was such a contrast to the early days, days were you felt as if you had all the time in the world to do anything.

That was how Taekwoon felt.

When he first met Sanghyuk, he knew that the other was special and that he would love him forever. It took ages for him to work up the nerve to even ask the younger man out, but that was alright. Taekwoon thought that he had time. He thought that he had a whole lifetime to tell Sanghyuk everything he wanted to say, do everything he wanted to do. Everyone thought that, didn’t they? How could you blame Taekwoon for doing the same thing?

As luck would have it, he didn’t have a lifetime.

He didn’t even have ten years.

It all started with a cough that didn’t want to go away. It was cold season, so neither though much of it until Sanghyuk entered the kitchen one sunny morning. Taekwoon would never get that image of his lover out of his head; shaking, eyes wide, and blood splattered in his trembling hand. They’d gone to the doctor who told them…….it wasn’t good. The doctor said a few months, Sanghyuk managed to hold on for a little longer than that.

Those last few days…..Taekwoon felt like they were over with before they even began. When they first got the diagnosis, they’d set out to do everything that they’d been putting off; getting married, traveling, getting a pet. But as their time together grew short, Sanghyuk grew more and more tired and soon he couldn’t do much of anything without draining whatever energy he still had. Taekwoon’s heart broke every time he looked at his husband, silently wishing for more time.

Just one more day.

Just one more minute.

He didn’t get more time.

A/N: ……