102

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Sometimes

Pairing: Luck, Hyukbin

Word Count: 410

 

Sometimes, things just didn’t go the way you wanted it to. Sometimes it didn’t matter what you did, things would never change. Hongbin knew because he’d tried everything he could and things didn’t change. He’d done everything, changed things about himself, in a desperate attempt to make things go his way and they just………they didn’t.

All he wanted was for Sanghyuk to love him, to return his affection. But he never did and he never would.

Sanghyuk loved Taekwoon and Hongbin just……..he didn’t get it. Why did Sanghyuk, bright and talkative and full of energy, love someone like Taekwoon? Taekwoon was all silence and small smiles and quiet. Hongbin didn’t think that they fit together. Someone like Hakyeon fit much better with Taekwoon and he fit much better with Sanghyuk. Sure, Hakyeon was bright and talkative and full of energy too, but…………...

But……………..

…………..

But he’d known Taekwoon for longer!

He knew when to calm down for Taekwoon’s sake better. He knew how to bring out the bright energy in Taekwoon better. And Hongbin was just so much better suited to Sanghyuk. He didn’t need to explain it, it went without saying. They were best friends, partners in crime. They understood each other better than anyone else.

So why did Sanghyuk fall for Taekwoon? Why did Taekwoon not reject his feelings? Surely he could see that they wouldn’t work, that they would both do better with someone else. Apparently not because the quiet man had accepted Sanghyuk’s confession and they had started to date. Hongbin hadn’t been worried at first, a little bothered sure but nothing major. He knew that they wouldn’t last, that they were too different.

But then a year went by and they were still together.

Then another year.

And another.

And by their fourth anniversary Taekwoon and Sanghyuk announced that they were engaged. Hongbin was……he was furious and broken. Since the happy couple had passed their one year anniversary, he’d been trying to break them up. He’d tried everything he could think of, but either nothing happened or Sanghyuk found out what he had done and got angry with him. By the time of the engagement, Sanghyuk and Hongbin weren’t best friends anymore. Hongbin struggled to even call them friends.

It was all his fault. He just……he couldn’t accept Sanghyuk’s love for Taekwoon. Even after everything his anger had cost him, he still couldn’t accept it. Hongbin hated himself, even more then he hated Taekwoon and Sanghyuk’s relationship.

A/N: ok, so….this didn’t turn out at all like I had originally planned. Haha I just started writing and writing and this is what happened. Personally, I really like when that happens ‘cuz reading back what I wrote and comparing it to my original plan is always interesting.