101

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge Vol. 2

Title: Kill

Pairing: Chasang

Word Count: 628

 

Hakyeon watched as his target angrily paced the room through the scope of his sniper. The sight almost made him smile. He didn’t normally take such delight in his target’s suffering, but this was a very special case. After what this man had been a part of, Hakyeon wanted to see him suffer as much as possible.

“Hurry it up,” Taekwoon hissed from behind him, “it’s cold.”

“Don’t rush me,” Hakyeon snapped, “I want this monster to suffer like Sanghyuk did.”

Taekwoon sighed, but said nothing more. He knew Hakyeon was right. The man Hakyeon was going to kill had tortured Sanghyuk, had broken him so badly that they knew Hakyeon could never fix him. It killed everyone in their little band of assassins to see their youngest so ruined.

Taekwoon recalled when they’d found out about Sanghyuk’s mission going wrong. He remembered how Hakyeon looked as they rushed to find their maknae. He looked like his whole world was crashing down around him. The second in command had always suspected that their leader had feelings that ran much deeper then friendship and brotherhood when it came to Sanghyuk. All of them did. It was why no one had ever made a move on the youngest. Hakyeon’s wide, wild eyes and tight jaw had just confirmed everything.

And then they got the call from Wonsik that he and Hongbin had recovered Sanghyuk.

For a few seconds, Hakyeon looked happy. He was so clearly relieved to hear that Sanghyuk was alive and Taekwoon was sure his own face revealed the same relief. But it didn’t last long because Wonsik was soon struggling to tell them exactly what kind of condition Sanghyuk was in. In the background, they could hear Hongbin begging for Sanghyuk to be ok and sobbing that there was so much blood.

Sanghyuk’s throat had been cut, but luckily Jaehwan had been able to fix that well enough. His ribs were a mess, but Jaehwan had mended those easily. His left arm was broken in several places and his right was probably going to be mostly useless for the rest of Sanghyuk’s life, regardless of what Jaehwan did. Sanghyuk’s legs were never going to totally recover and Jaehwan had given him a wheelchair that was likely never going to vanish from their home.

But the psychological scars……those were things that Jaehwan could do nothing about. Heck, they didn’t even know about them until Hakyeon had hugged Sanghyuk and the younger had started screaming and crying and begging for it to end. Jaehwan had rushed forewords and yanked Hakyeon away, trying to silence Sanghyuk so he didn’t do any more damage to his throat. They’d realized then that what had been done to their precious maknae was so much worse than broken and shattered bones.

Taekwoon had felt like he was going to cry upon that realization. He knew for a fact that Wonsik, Hongbin, and Jaehwan actually had. Hakyeon hadn’t cried. He’d just gotten up and walked right to his sniper rifle before heading out. Taekwoon didn’t know what he’d done until the morning news the next day. There was a report about a man who’d been found dead, murdered in some horribly bloody way. This man had been one of Sanghyuk’s tormentors.

Hakyeon had entered the room then and told him to change the channel to something more pleasant, his eyes deathly cold while his lips were twisted into a bright smile.

It had been a little over a year since then and Hakyeon had spent every second hunting down everyone involved in hurting Sanghyuk. He’d whittled the list down to only a handful of people now. And once the monster he was aiming his gun at was dead, there would only be three left standing.

A/N: so this was originally part of a larger piece I’d written ages ago and just never felt like posting for one reason or another. Good to see it finally got some use.