007

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven

To Myungsoo, the meals that you cooked were the best. He knew you enjoyed cooking a lot but he didn’t expect you to be this good. His chopsticks reached for a piece of meat and bring it straight away into his mouth.

“Are you sure you’re sick, Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo stopped chewing abruptly. His eyes stared at you. “What?”

“You eat like a pig.” You commented.

Myungsoo glared at you.

You put a portion of the beef into his rice bowl. “Eat slowly so that you won’t get indigestion. You need to watch out what you eat too, I don’t want you to fall sick again. Don’t forget to eat your medicines after finished your meal”

Myungsoo’s expression became soft as you spoke.

Did you notice that you’re being so caring towards me, Sooyeon-ah?

You continued having your late lunch. It was almost three in the afternoon. Myungsoo glanced at you before picking up the meat again.

“When will Mirae coming home?” You asked quietly.

“She went with her friends, probably playing around.” Actually, he received a message from Mirae saying that the girl would be coming home late – being generous to her brother to spend time with her sister-in-law.

He saw you nodded. “She needs her time too ---“

The one who cut your words was your own phone.

You exchanged glances with Myungsoo before picking the phone up. Myungsoo sure he caught you blush lightly.

“Hello, aunty.”

Ah, her aunt.

“I miss you too. How are you? Uncle?”

Myungsoo took a small sip of seaweed soup as he continued ear dropping at your conversation.

“Glad to hear that. We both are fine too.”

Myungsoo stared at you as you listened carefully to your aunt’s words. Your hair was on messy buns again but you still look clean and pretty as always. Your dark brown eyes were focused on your own glass, you tapped your chopsticks lightly on the rice bowl as you answered you aunt with a small giggle a second later.

Myungsoo became curious when your eyes widened.

“Really aunty?! When?”

He can hear your aunt was excited as well.

“Heyy. Why won’t you tell me?” You pouted.

“Aish, can’t you tell me when?” You still didn’t notice that Myungsoo’s eyes were on you. “Okay, aunty. See you soon then.” You ended your call and met Myungsoo’s eyes.

Myungsoo looked away immediately. “Your aunt?”

You smiled; your stomach was full of excitement. “Yup. She invited us for a dinner on Sunday.”

Myungsoo’s forehead wrinkled. “For what?”

“My cousin – he’s coming home.”

His wrinkles doubled. “Your cousin?” As long as he remembered, he never met this cousin of yours. For four years he ‘stalked’ you, he never knew you got a cousin. And nobody appeared on your wedding day as your cousin, he sure of that too.

“My aunt’s son.” Myungsoo already straighten his posture when he heard the word ‘son’. “He studied abroad for five years straight.” You continued before letting out a dreamy sigh. “I miss him.”

Whoaa, that made his blood boiling right away.

Think rational, Myungsoo. He just a mere cousin. You’re her husband. Don’t worry. “How old was he?”

You thought for a second before you gulp down your food. “He's four years older that’s mean .. he is twenty-three.”

Myungsoo’s mind gear worked fast.

“You’re close to him?”

You nodded straight away, failed to notice Myungsoo’s hard expression. “I used to live with him when I was ten, Myungsoo. Hoya oppa knows him too.”

That was a problem too. Myungsoo sighed silently. Between Infinite, you addressed Hoya and Woohyun as oppa because they were closed to you, you addressed Sunggyu and Dongwoo as oppa because they were your senior, but you never addressed Sungjong as oppa because Sungjong was one year younger than you (alright, pass). You too never called him and Sungyeol as oppa.

Myungsoo was glad you didn’t call Sungyeol as oppa. He knew you think that childish Sungyeol didn’t deserve the honorific from you but he was disappointed because he had no clue what was him to you.

A friend?

A classmate?

A husband?

Your bell rang.

Myungsoo met your eyes. “Your cousin?”

“No way.” You blinked. “Aunty won’t tell me when he was coming back to Korea. He may be or maybe not coming back yet.”

Probably him, he thought. “I’ll go get the door.” He pushed the chair and stood up without waiting for your answer. Think rationally, Myungsoo.Took a deep breath, he reminded himself.

His feet walked faster. Once, he arrived at the door, he swung the door open.

In front of him, a pair of eyes widened.

“WHAT THE HELL YOU’RE DOING HERE, KIM MYUNGS

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter