010

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Ten

 

“Are you seriously still mad about that, Sooyeon?”

You huffed as you arranged your books in your locker.

Jiyeon laughed. “You’re mad just because Myungsoo hides all your hair ties? Really, Sooyeon?”

You glared at her before continuing your job. “What?”

“You’re immature.” She grinned.

You rolled your eyes as you pushed back your hair. “It’s annoying, really.”

When you’re done your shower this morning, you found out that all your hair ties went missing. You searched all dimension in your house but you found nothing. You knew later during breakfast that Myungsoo was the one who kept them. He also ordered Mirae to not let you borrow hers.

“I’m sorry unnie, but I don’t want to get into oppa’s bad side,” Mirae said while grinning.

“But look at you, Sooyeon. You look prettier when you let your hair down.” Jiyeon commented.

“It’s not helping, Jiyeon.” To be honest, you are having silence war with Myungsoo the whole day. You noticed that he kept glancing at you but you decided to ignore that ignorant brat.

Jiyeon smiled sheepishly. “Maybe your husb—“

You hissed. “Jiyeon.”

Jiyeon straightened up. “No no, sorry. I mean, maybe he also noticed that how beautiful you’re without that ponytail or buns.”

You closed your locker; acting like you didn’t care but your mind was actually processing her words. Myungsoo did once say that he preferred your hair loose down though. “Don’t spout nonsense things, Jiyeon.” You glanced around the almost empty hallway. Most of the students were on their way home already. Outside, the rain was pouring down heavily.

“Have you ever thought about your future with him, Sooyeon-ah?”

You looked up straight away and met Jiyeon’s eyes. “What did you ask again?”

Jiyeon smiled. “I’m not sure if you ever think about this, but I’m talking about your future with him. About this.” You knew she was referring to your marriage. “When you told me the truth, I start to.. you know, give extra attention to the both of you.”

You felt your face red right away.

“I don’t know what the hell happening inside your house but I think you need to think deeply about this. Myungsoo, –“ Jiyeon glanced at you. “ – he was different around you.”

You cleared up your throat. “Sure, he was bully as ever.”

 “You know what I mean, Sooyeon.” Jiyeon shrugged off before her phone’s ringing. She raised up her second finger and mouthing ‘one minute’.

You nodded and looked away as Jiyeon answered her phone call. Your heart beat went crazy and your palm sweating.

“What the hell is happening?” You muttered as you stared at your palm. You sighed before you opened up your bag and searched for your tissue pack.

“Sooyeon?”

Your eyes widened. You looked up. “Eoh?”

“I need to go home now. Something happened.”

You nodded fast. “You go first. I left my pencil box in the class.”

Jiyeon’s forehead wrinkled. “Are you going to be alright alone? It’s raining anyway.”

You nodded and pushed Jiyeon’s shoulder lightly. “You go first, okay? See you tomorrow.”

Jiyeon grumbled. “Sure sure. See you!” She was disappeared behind the corner a second later and you turned opposite of your direction and walked straight to the stairs. You glanced at the big windows that were blurred out by the water droplets.

“How I’m going back to home when it’s raining like crazy?” You mumbled.

A few students passed you before you turned into the class hallway. You opened up your class door and your eyes widened as you saw a figure standing beside your own table.

Myungsoo ce he heard the door was swung open. “Sooyeon? Thank god I met you here.”

Your forehead wrinkled before you walked in. “What are you doing here?” Your eyes fall to your pencil box in his right hand.

“I thought you already walked home?”

You shake your head lightly. “I left my pencil box.”

Myungsoo handed you the pencil case and you put it into your bag straight away. ‘Thank you.” You muttered before you turned to walk away.

Unfortunately, Myungsoo got a long hand and that stupid hand was pulling your bag, limiting your steps away. “Myungsoo!” You whined. “Let my bag go.”

Myungsoo let out a small chuckle. “Where are you going anyway?”

Who do you think you are, Myungsoo? Big bully!  You pulled your bag away from him. “I’m going home, of course. Should I not?” You glared at him.

“Come.” He reached for your arm and pulled you together with him.

“Yah, yah! Where are we going? Aish.” You need to open your steps wider since Myungsoo got a pair long legs too.

“I thought you want to go home?”

“Yes, but why pulling me together with you, stupid?”                        

Myungsoo intertwined your fingers together. Your eyes widened. “Myungsoo, what if students saw—“

“You called me stupid again, I’m going to kiss you right now, right here.”

You glared at him. “Yah! Stop saying nonsense. You –“

“If you keep pushing me away, I will kiss you too.”

You stared at him disbelief as you being dragged along. “Are you craz –“

Everything happened so fast. The moment he turned to you, leaned in straight away and stole a kiss from your lips, making you stood still like a statue.

You couldn’t believe he did that in the empty hallway.

“Myungsoo.” Your eyes rounded. Your brain was still processing what had happened just a moment ago.

Myungsoo smiled sheepishly like a naughty kid would do. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

You couldn’t think straight. You rounded both of your fists and hit his arm hard. You could feel your face was red as tomatoes. How dare he kiss you on your lips in school, at the ing hallways even? The feeling was still there – his lips caught full on yours. You hit him even harder when you heard his chuckles. Your face felt hotter.

Where should I hide my face? Your legs grew weak as you try hard not to look at his face. Myungsoo pulled you in softly and you straight away hide your face in his chest. His chuckles never stopped as he put his arms around you.

“Aww, look who is shy here?”

“Shut up.” You hid your red face deeper, inhaling his masculine scent. “Don’t look at me.” You mumbled, trying hard to handle your embarrassment face.

Myungsoo’s arm curled around you. “Sure, don’t look at me.” Another chuckle hit your eardrums. “I can’t believe I did that either.”

You wanted to hit him hard on his ribs with your elbows but somehow his words made your heartbeat went crazy. “Stop, Myungsoo.” Your face was going to turn to super red if he kept talking.

“You ignored me the whole day.” He finally blurted out.

Thank God the hallway was empty or else the students would know that Kim Myungsoo loves to whine despite his cold attitude. “I should do that forever.”

“Come on, Sooyeon. Just because of your hair ties?” Myungsoo glanced down at you. Even though you hid your face very well, he still could see your red ears. “A good wife should listen to her husband.”

“People will hear us, Myungsoo.” You mumbled as you inhaled his scent for the nth time.

Myungsoo glanced around as his arms were hugging you tightly. “Nobody is here though. Most of the students already went home.” He looked at you. “You don’t want to talk about husband and wife here but you the one who snuggled with me first.” He grinned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter