025

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty five ;;

That night was cold.

Myungsoo can see the thin steam that escaped around him. He frowned when he saw some of the people that walking along the street wearing shorts and thin clothes. “Winter’s coming soon though.” He mumbled.

You turned to him. “You’re saying, Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo shook his head immediately. “Nah.”

You threw back your gaze to the packed Hongdae. It was a chilly night but Hongdae was busy as usual. It was not even weekend nights. Myungsoo smiled once he stared at your nice braided hair – his artwork. You and him argued earlier. Well, you want to tie up your hair as usual, but he wants you to let your hair down. Both of you having an intense staring contest and you ended up sitting on the bed while he’s braiding your hair.

You noticed his stared and your lips turned into a small smirk. “Admiring my hair?”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “It’s my artwork, duhh.”

You clicked your tongue at his cocky words. “It’s still my hair, mister.”

Myungsoo sunk his hand into his pocket, ignoring you.  “Do you want to have some snack? Fish cakes? Should we get some hot coffee?”

“Are you still hungry, Myungsoo?”

You startled when Myungsoo pulled you closer to him to avoid people. “These rude people keep walking into you. You should be careful.” He muttered.

Smiling softly at his heroic action, you nodded.

You and Myungsoo were walking side by side among hundred people on the street. You can feel his hand was brushing against yours before he intertwined with your fingers together. You looked out of confusion.

He blushed when he noticed your eyes on him. He cleared his throat before saying, “There are too many people here. I don’t want to lose you.”

You sighed dreamily. It was a really cold night yet you’re here, hand in hand with your handsome husband, walking among sea of people. A date, you thought. A proper date.

An accessories stall caught his eyes and Myungsoo quickly dragged you over.

You followed him with a smile but then you frowned. It never crossed you mind that he has interest in simple accessories like this. You never saw he wearing any bracelets or rings (except on your wedding ring but you saw that only on that day). Myungsoo preferred to wear his black watch only. But seeing his eyes shining as he took a look on these bracelets eased back your forehead.

A woman probably in her thirties grinned at both of you. “Come and have a look, dear.”

You smiled politely before you stood next to your busy husband. “Are you looking for a bracelet, Myungsoo?” You glanced around as your hand darted to those bracelets.

Myungsoo glanced at you and nodded.

“This one is a pretty fella.” You mumbled as your hand took a simple leather bracelet with a few beads and a small key locket. It was pretty and nice despite its simple pattern.  “For who? Mirae?”

“For us.”

You turned to him immediately. “Correct me if I’m wrong, but I heard that you want to buy bracelet for us.”

Myungsoo hummed as he’s busy choosing but his ears were red. “Yup. Couple bracelet.”

Your face flushed especially when the woman giggled softly seeing your reaction.

“Aigooo, you young kids.” The woman chirped before she stared at Myungsoo. “Did you confess yet, young man? Our pretty lady here seems confused a bit.”

Myungsoo smiled sheepishly at her as he rubbed his nape. “Not yet, ahjumma.” You sure he’s saying that just to avoid chaos. But you don’t know why your face keep getting warmer and your heart beat keep getting louder.

You grinned at the woman. “Aniyo, ahjumma. He’s –“

The woman glanced at the bracelet in your palm. “Ah, we got it’s partner –that bracelet. Wait, a minute.” The woman leaned in and started to find the other bracelet.

You and Myungsoo exchanged glances before he leaned in and took a closer look at the bracelet in your palm. A small smile formed on his handsome face as he stared at the leather bracelet

“You got a good taste.” He commented.

You glared at him. “Did I have a bad taste before?”

He grinned. “Very.”

You slapped his arm.

“Have I told you that you can be a brutal lady?” He rubbed his arm with a small pout.

“I’m glad to be one for you.” You glared at him.

He tilted his head. “You really want to be a brutal lady for me? That bad?”

You grinned before mocking him in the tone he used before. “Very.”

“Here it is.” The woman exclaimed, putting a stop in your small argument. She handed Myungsoo the same bracelet except the locket chain for the bracelet in his hand is a pretty lock. He grinned in approval as his eyes looked at both of the bracelet happily.

“What do you think of these, Sooyeon?” He looked up at you with his eyes-smiles.

Stunned, you just nodded a bit. “I-Its beautiful.”

Happy with your answer, Myungsoo turned to the ahjumma to pay.

“Do you need plastic, young man?” the woman asked as she returned him the change.

Myungsoo shook his head as he chuckle softly. “No need, ahjumma. Thank you for these nice bracelets.”

You glanced at him as he pulled you away from the stall. You turned your head a bit at the woman and nodded your head before the woman smiley face disappeared between people as you walked away. Myungsoo found a peace spot before he turned to you.

“Hand.” He asked.

You looked at him, before raising your hand slightly. He smiled softly as he pulled the bracelet from your grip and wear it on your small wrist. He pulled the small string to tight it to your wrist. He smiled proudly when the bracelet hanging beautifully on your wrist.

“How so unromantic.”

Myungsoo stunned when those words escaped from your lips. He slowly looked up and met your serious stare. He’s crestfallen.

“I-I am –“

Your soft giggle pulled him back to reality. He blinked once again before he’s confirming that you really were laughing at him.

“Oh Myungsoo, you should look at your face.” You grinned.

Seeing no response from him (of course, he was shocked as hell) , you slowly pulled the bracelet that he was holding and you hold his hand. Slowly you put the bracelet on his left wrist and tightened the leather string. Your soft fingertips send him a new electrifying feels.

“There.” You smiled before looked up at him.

Myungsoo cleared his throat. You tilted at him. “What?” You asked.

“Aren’t you mad at me?”

You blinked before scoffed. “Why would I mad at you?” You smiled.

“You said that I’m not romantic.” He practically whined. His heart was weakening when you said that.

You giggled. “Oh, Myungsoo. Is that what you’re worrying off?”

Myungsoo didn’t notice that he was nodding.

 “Of course not. You’re cute.” You smiled softly as you glanced down at your new bracelet. “These are cute.”

Myungsoo let out a small sigh of relief. To buy a couple bracelets was not in his mind at the first place. He just wants to have a walk around Hongdae with you. He wants to make the marriage work, he want to make you fall for him really hard. And maybe God’s helping him – buying the couple bracelet was the first step. And more is coming soon.

He’s glad that you liked it.

“Thank you, Myungsoo-ah.” You tilted your head slightly, smiling softly at him.

Myungsoo can feel that all of his blood rushing to his cheeks. He was grateful to have you. “Thank you too, Sooyeon-ah.”

 

 

“We need to stop this.”

You blinked. “Stop what?”

Myungsoo glanced at you. “Sooyeon, I don’t think this marriage will work.”

Your eyes rounded. “What did you say again, Myungsoo?” Your voice were so small, you don’t even notice that words escaped from your lips.

“I thought I loved you – heck I loved you for years. But,” Myungsoo looked away as if he can’t bear the painful truth. “ – it just not what I’ve expected. Was my feelings before just a stupid crush?”

You felt your throat tightened. “Myungsoo, I-I don’t understand.”

Myungsoo flinched when you tried to reach for his hand. That when you noticed his sad expression. He was disappointed and more. “This is going to hurt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter