028

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Eight ;;

 

Myungsoo stared at the new curved tombstone. His eyes were tired but he still managed not to blink all the way when the priest read the guest and his family something about cycle of life and death. He looked up only when he noticed somebody touched his arm lightly.

“Myungsoo?”

He looked to his left.

Naeun smiled softly at him -- or was it rather a sad one? He knew that Naeun was sad as worse as he did. Both of them lost their precious person. “The reading was already end.” She whispered.

Myungsoo looked around where the guest start to walk away from the grave spot – his Grandma’s – and a wave of fear hit him.

Are these people already forgot his Grandma?

Already forget the good deeds that Grandma’s done to them?

Naeun touched his arm for the second time. “They were leaving because Mr. Han asked so.” Naeun knew him too well. “He needs to brief something to our family.”

Myungsoo stared at her for a moment before his gazed passed her shoulder. And he saw you’re staring at him from a far. Both of you stared at each other from a distance. You were standing at the opposite of the spot wearing black dress, hair loose over your shoulder. If it’s not the funeral day, Myungsoo might say that you looked pretty even in that simple attire. He noticed that your eyes were red too resulting from crying too much. Myungsoo knew that there was something that makes you restless – as if you have something on your mind. He also noticed that you want to comfort him but she can’t because he was surrounded with a lot of people.

Myungsoo looked away and sighed before reaching for Sungyeol who’s standing behind him. He smiled at Naeun before excusing themselves and walked away from the girl. “I’ll be back.” He muttered. Naeun just nodded before walked to Mr and Mrs Kim.

“Sungyeol, can you help me?” Myungsoo’s voice croaked.

Sungyeol glanced at him. The tall male’s expression was sad. Grandma after all was one of his childhood memories. “About what?”

“Can you send ..Sooyeon home?”

Sungyeol blinked, confused. “Didn’t you hear just now that Mr Han asked the family members to stay?”

Mr Han was the family lawyer anyway.

Myungsoo took a deep breath. “Nobody knew that Sooyeon is a family member.”

Sungyeol gasped. “Myungsoo, you can’t do that. She is your family member –she’s your wife!”

Myungsoo sighed. “Please, Sungyeol?”

“I will tell Sooyeon to wait for you in the car, then.”

“I ASK YOU TO SEND HER HOME, DIDN’T I?”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened in shocked when Myungsoo raised his voice. “What’s wrong with you?”

Myungsoo rubbed his face. “Just send her to home, okay? I’m asking you for a favour.” He replied in regret tone. ”Please.”

There was a moment of silent before Sungyeol decide to break it with his sigh. “Why are you avoiding her, Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo looked away. “I ..didn’t.”

Sungyeol stared at his best friend sadly for a moment before walked away. Myungsoo bit his lower lip before turned back and saw that Sungyeol was already talking to you. He saw how your face changed before you turned your gaze to him.

Both of you shared another gaze.

Your eyes were sad and confused.

As if asking him, why are you being like this to me, Myungsoo?

But the gaze broken when Sungyeol touched your arm and you slowly followed the tall male’s steps. You turned to look at your husband once again until he can no longer see you between the black dressed people.

A tear leaked from the corner of his eyes.

Why did he feel that this is the last time he shared gaze with you?

 

 

You opened your eyes abruptly once the clock rang.

6.15 a.m..

You woke up and stopped the clock before glancing at the other side of bed. Empty. Just like the other five nights. Sleeping in Myungsoo’s room didn’t help – his scent was everywhere -- and it make your heart ached crazily, your eyes started to become teary for the nth time and a lump in your throat was worse.

You missed him.

You missed him a lot.

You laid your head back on the pillow and sobbed.

 

 

You slowly descended the stairs and stopped at one of the lower stair when Mrs Kim greeted you. “Good morning, Sooyeon.”

You smiled at her. “Morning mom. Are you .. going somewhere?” You glanced at her formal clothes. Mrs Kim is a housewife so it was rare to have her dressed formally early in the morning. She’s looked elegant as ever in her suit and pencil skirt though.

You started to hate it when everybody keeps smiling sadly especially your mother in law. “Myungsoo didn’t tell you? We need to go to Mr Han’s office today, for the official meeting.”

You glanced at her. “Myungsoo ..didn’t come to our room last night.”

Mrs Kim turned to you. “What?”

“I don’t even see him after the funeral, mom. I was told to leave after the funeral finished and he don’t even come to see me.”

“He asked you to leave?” Mrs Kim’s forehead turned into a big frown. She stared at you until the realisation hit her. She pulled you into hug. “Oh, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to leave you out from the family meeting. I just too rush and –“

You pulled away from the hug and smile at her. “Don’t worry, mom. I understand. My marriage is on Granmda’s request, after all.”

You not sure but you thought that you saw disappointment flashed in Mrs Kim’s eyes.

“Sooyeon, the marriage is –“

“AUNTY!”

Both of you turned to the main door where the two persons walked in. Naeun grinned happily before she skipped to Mrs Kim and hugged the older woman. But your eyes were actually glued to the other person, Myungsoo.

The male walked behind Naeun – dressed in slacks and white suit with a grey dark blue vest hugging his body perfectly. Myungsoo has his hair nicely done but you can easily notice on how thin he was and on how big his eyes bags were.

“How are you today, auntie?”

Mrs Kim nodded. “I’m fine, Naeun-ah.”

Naeun glanced at you before tilted her head. “Who is this?”

You glanced at Myungsoo and the male looked away.

He didn’t introduce or say something about me to Naeun?

“I’m ..Sooyeon.” You your lips.

Naeun smiled. “Sooyeon who?”

Mrs Kim looked at the both of you. “Naeun, Sooyeon is actually My—“

Naeun clicked her fingers. “Ah, I know who she was.” She grinned happily before turned to you. “You must be that Kim Sooyeon, the orphanage that Grandma always took care of, right?”

Did she mean Kim Dooyeon the one who’s Grandma took care of back then?

You and Mrs Kim exchanged glances. You then darted your gaze to your husband and he looked away almost immediately (a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter