021

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty One;;

You entered the blue grey theme room with a tray of foods as you glanced at the empty room. The room smelled like a man scent, something fresh between mint and sea smell.  The king size bed was in the located at a side of the room with a small living room with minibar at a corner. You placed the tray on the minibar and sighed.

You threw your gaze at the veranda. There was a male silhouette behind the curtain, confirming you about Myungsoo's location.

"Myungsoo?" You called.

No response.

You walked out to the veranda and called him again. "Myungsoo?"

Myungsoo blinked as if he was pulled into reality. "Eoh?"

"You're dozing off." You stated as you stand next to him.

Myungsoo blinked. "I just ..never mind."

You bit your lower lip, mentally arranging your words to form a safe sentence. "Are you alright?" You leaned to the metal border and looked up at the dark sky. Myungsoo stared at you for a moment before followed your actions.

The sky was dark.

"Grandma ... she has a chance right?"

You glanced at him from the corner of your eyes. Mr Kim (Myungsoo’s dad) said that the doctors and all medical staff already trying their best to help Grandma. Unfortunately, luck isn’t on their side. The cancer already spread widely and it already affects the lymphatic system badly and thus lungs and brain. Lymphoma was one of the blood cancer that killed Grandma's immune system thus Grandma was defenseless. According to doctors prediction, Grandma’s doesn’t have time anymore. That’s why they brought back Grandma to Korea. To let her finish up the rest of her life in her own birthplace.

"Everybody have a chance, Myungsoo." You stated weakly. "Your grandma was a very strong woman to hold it until this second. You should be proud of her."

Myungsoo laughed weakly. His eyes were holding tears. "Grandma can't die."

You brushed his arm softly. "Every living things is aim to die, Myungsoo." You knew Myungsoo was extremely sad, but he need to get straight too. "We still can pray and provide her the best. God will help us. He knew the best."

"But what if --"

"Then maybe that's the best for your grandma. Rest in peace is the best for her to end every of her fights, Myungsoo." You spoke softly before Myungsoo looked away.

The surrounding became quiet immediately. You stared at the sky once again because you knew not even a single of your words will totally put Myungsoo in ease. He loves his grandma dearly and he was dying inside seeing his grandma in such state.

But it was Myungsoo the one who broke the silence. "It's funny we talk to each other again because of ..this."

You sighed. Last night incident make your heart ached.  Ignoring his words, you said "I brought you the foods--"

"I'm sorry."

You looked up and your gaze met with Myungsoo's.

"I'm sorry for slapping you." You flinched slightly when he brought his hand up but softened immediately when he caressed your cheek.

"I shouldn't do this. I'm so sorry."

You looked up and once again, Myungsoo was holding his tears.

"Myungsoo, you're crying?" Your eyes widened as you wiped his tears away. Panic. "Don't cry." You shushed him softly once again as his tears leaked down.

"I vow to protect you from all harm yet here I am, giving you this ugly bruise." He sobbed. Myungsoo hung his head low.

Your gaze softened. Your heart touched. You cupped his face. "Don't cry please."

"I dont want to lose you, Sooyeon. Please don't leave me." He sniffed.

Your eyes widened. Myungsoo knew? But his words ...You looked at his wet face. He was sincere. Something in his words makes your heart fluttered again.

"I thought he loves you." Jiyeons words came back to you.

"I know I was stupid once again, but really. I never have a thought on leaving you alone, Sooyeon. I was too -"

"I won't leave you." You smiled at him and you saw on how Myungsoo's eyes widened for a second before his lips beautifully turned into a small smile as he wiped his own tears.

"Really?" Myungsoo stared at you.

"I won't leave you." You repeated once again as you stared at his dark orbs.

"Promise me."

You looked at his pinky before raised your own and curled with his small finger.

"I promise you, Myungsoo."

"I'm sorry, Sooyeon." Myungsoo pulled you into his embrace. "And thank you." For the second chance, he thought.

You inhaled his faint rusty mint scent that you missed this few days and let out a small sigh of relief.  It was comfortable being in his arms and his warmth. It feels right. Everything is going to be fine.

"About what happened at school that day, actually --"

"I don't want to know." You mumbled, cutting his words off. Sure, you're curious what happened between Apink and Myungsoo but you decided to let it go. You don't want to get your relationship with your husband trouble once again. "It was your secret and you should keep it. I don't mind." Chorong's face flashed on your mind before you shake it away.

Myungsoo hummed as he fixing his arms around you and tucked his chin on the crown of your head. "It was not a good thing to remember anyway."

Both of you stayed quiet in each other's arm for a while.

"Dad and mom worried about you." You said quietly.

He sighed. "I know."

"Stop making them worried." You mumbled against his shirt."You didn't have your dinner yet, don't you?"

"Hm." He hummed once again as he snuggled his nose closer to your hair.

"Come. You should eat." You about to pull away from the hug when Myungsoo pulled you back in and circled your waist tighter.

"A bit more." He said.

You blushed. "Mrs Lee make some bulbogi with soups." You said as you casually listening to Myungsoo's heartbeats. "Her cooking was good."

"I miss your foods." He mumbled against your hair. "Your foods were better."

"Not funny, Myungsoo."

Myungsoo let out a small chuckle before peering down at your face. "I really miss your food." He stated. "It been like four days?"

"Who asked you to skip all the foods?"

"You’re the one who started the silent war." Myungsoo whined.

You sighed. "Here we go again."

Myungsoo chuckled. "Okay okay, I'm sorry." He continued, "I hate having silent war with you. I cant eat your food, I can't talk properly to you, I can't stare you when you're sleeping, I can't --"

You looked up. "YOU STARED ME WHEN I'M SLEEPNG?!" "Your eyes widened.

The sky was dark, but the light from his room slightly brightened the veranda and you can see that Myungsoo pinked.

Myungsoo smiled sheepishly as he rubbed his nape. "Um, you said that you bring me foods, don't you? Where is it? I'm hungry." He dashed into his room.

You smiled.

My Myungsoo was back.

"Sooyeon, I'm hungry." He hollered from inside.

You smiled. "I'm coming."

 

 

Your eyes were fluttered opened before your pupils adjusted into the ray of morning lights. You blinked one more time before your brain start to notice things. Things such as somebody's hands on your waist or maybe your hands on somebody's waist or somebody's steady heartbeats that you're hearing right now. You blushed when you saw Myungsoo's jawline once you looked at him.

You bit your lower lip.

"Can I hold you, for tonight?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter