003

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three

Saturday, what a blessed day. No school, no stress. Nice weather, nice day. Perfect. You were grinning as you poured cat biscuits into Minhee’s bowl. The white cat walked straight to you before mewing at your feet.

“Have your breakfast sweetheart,” you patted Minhee’s fur lightly.

Speaking of breakfast, you glanced at Myungsoo’s door at a corner. “When will he wake up?” you grunted. Your eyes darted towards the grandfather’s clock. “It’s almost ten.”

You stood up and walked towards the kitchen to keep Minhee’s food back to its place before walking towards Myungsoo’s bedroom. You were quite hesitated once you were already standing in front of his door. Heaving a small sigh, your hand went up slowly and knocked the door. “Myungsoo?” called you.

You waited for a few seconds but you heard nothing.

You let your hand raise up once more and knocked the door multiple times. “Myungsoo,” you raised your voice a bit, calling his name. “Wake up, Myungsoo. It’s almost ten.”

A moment later, you heard mumbling from the other side of the door. You bit your lower lip in frustration. “Is he perhaps talking in his sleep?”

 You threw a look aside when you heard a small jingling of a bell and saw Minhee walking towards you. And at that perfect moment, an idea popped into your head.

“Minhee-ah, did you finish your biscuits?” you squinted in front of the small cat and asked it though it could never answer the simple question.

 Minhee let out a small mew. Maybe it could understand anyway.

You patted its head as a meaningful smile crept into your bright face. “Can you help me?”

Minhee let out another mew and your smile became wider as your lips parted slightly, showing your teeth. You scooped her into your hands right away. Your left hand reached for Myungsoo’s doorknob and twisted it open. You looked at Minhee as the same smile was still on your face. “The door was unlocked!”

A small voice appeared in your mind. ‘What if he’s having a boxer on only?’

Suddenly, without your intention, a view of shirtless Myungsoo came into your mind. Some wild imagination made your face turn scarlet. “What the heck are you thinking, Sooyeon?” you cursed yourself as you shook your head vigorously, trying hard to blow it off. “You just want to wake Myungsoo up. Plus this is your house so you can do what you want,” you convinced yourself by thinking out loud.

Well, technically your aunt bought you this apartment last two years. It was Myungsoo who moved here when you guys got married.

You nodded a few times before pushing the door opened and walking in─walking on your toes. There, Myungsoo was asleep peacefully. The back palm of his right hand was over his head while his left hand was rested on his stomach. He got his PJ alright. Your eyes were (naughtily) on his face─his lips were parted as he breathed, his eyelashes were rested perfectly, his hair looked a bit messy but still, his image as the Infinite’s visual was still there, even in his sleep. His expression was even much better─no frowning, no glaring Myungsoo.

For the first time ever, you agreed to what his fangirls had always been saying. An angel in disguise.

Maybe another hour of sleep won’t be bad, you thought. You were about to turn and leave him when Minhee suddenly jumped down, escaping your arms and jumped up to Myungsoo’s bed. Your eyes widened in alarm. Not forgot to mention, you even almost gasped out loud but you managed to prevent yourself from doing it as you quickly covered your mouth with your palm.

That… was not in the plan!

Myungsoo was a heavy sleeper, yes. But there were two things that will wake him up─his mom’s voice and cat’s.

“Mew,” as if it knew what its master was thinking about, Minhee mewed, so closely to Myungsoo’s ear, which was freaking dangerous.

His eyes were wide opened right away. Minhee’s round face was the first thing he saw once he opened his eyes followed by your panic pale face. His angelic morning face turned terrified in no time. He tried to speak but nothing escaped his lips.

Minhee tilted his head to the side as the cat rested on his chest.

Myungsoo held his breath. “Take this thing off of me, please,” he softly begged, his body turned rigid as he stared the cat.

You looked at his face and guilt embraced you right away. His voice was soft as he was pleading to you sincerely, so soft as if those words he said were sweet words instead of begging words.  You picked up Minhee and looked at the cat with pity.

“What the hell you think you’re doing?!”

His storm-like voice made you jolt on your own feet and look up. He was staring at you with serious face intensely as if he was intending to tear you apart.

Angel in disguise? Meh, scratch that! The devil was back.

“Wah, you’re really something you know that?” you snared.

Myungsoo leaned his back against the headboard. “Don’t say you want to hear ‘Thank you for waking me up, Sooyeon-ah’?”

You rolled your eyes at his remark. “You know what? Forget it,“ you glared at him and stormed out from his room.

Myungsoo sighed once you left. He messed with his hair a bit as he groaned. “Stupid cat,” he mumbled under his breath.

As much as he hated it, your hurt expression haunted him. It hurt him. He let out a small sigh for the nth. He pushed aside his blanket and threw his legs to the side of the bed and stood up. He walked straight to the attached bathroom to wash his face.

He knew everything about you. You had been with your aunt’s family since your parents died in a car crash back when you were only ten. You moved to this apartment when you were seventeen. Your favourite colours were white and light purple. You got this weird habit─you loved to stare somebody else’s facial expression. Myungsoo knew it all.

“Myungsoo-ah, y─”

Myungsoo cut his grandma’s words in no time. “Grandma, don’t talk. You should get some rest okay? We can continue talking later on,” Myungsoo said to his grandma. He was smiling, but his tears kept streaming down his face.

His grandma smiled weakly. “You’re a good person, Myungsoo-ah,” she sincerely commented.

Myungsoo wiped his tears as he let out a small chuckle. His voice sounded so hurt at that moment. “I’m always good, right grandma?” he teased.

“Omma, Myungsoo was right. You should rest a bit,” Mr Kim, Myungsoo’s father voiced out.

The old woman shook her head lightly. “It’s just stage three, Kibum. I’m going to be fine.”

Myungsoo could hear his mother’s sobs breaking right away. His little sister already seemed weak in his mother’s arm.

Myungsoo’s grandma darted her gaze back to Myungsoo. “I have one wish, Myungsoo-ah.”

Myungsoo wiped his tears again and smiled. “What is it, grandma?”

“Kim Corp. was my husband hard work. His sweat and blood,” she started speaking as her crooked fingers reached Myungsoo’s cheek and cupped it. “His sweat, blood for your dad.”

“Omma─” Mrs Kim tried interrupting, but she didn’t get to continue what she wanted to say as she was cut off.

“And your father was honoured to continue Kim Corp., he was honoured ” the old woman let out small coughs before continuing, “─and I know you will too. You’re the heir of our Kim Corp..”

Myungsoo’s tears rolled down his cheek again. “Of course, grandma. Don’t worry about that.”

“My time is not long, Kim Myungsoo…”

Sobs from the corner were heard again.

“...but before I closed my eyes forever─”

“Grandma!” Myungsoo pleaded.

“…please… let me see you exchanging vows, ring and having a wife, Myungsoo. I want to see my only grandson on his important day. I need to make sure you have sons too, Myungsoo.”

“Omma, you’re strong, aren’t you?” Mr Kim wiped his tears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter