006

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six

Myungsoo put down the side dishes on the table and sighed. He took a glance at the grandfather clock and stared back at his phone screen.

‘I’m coming home late. Make sure Mirae and you have dinner. There are few dishes in freeze, heat them up.’

That massage was sent to him two hours ago.

“Oppa.” Myungsoo looked up as Mirae entered the kitchen. “Sooyeon eonnie are not going to have dinner with us again?”

Myungsoo shook his head. “She got her study group again. Did you close all your room windows? It’s raining.”

“Done that.” Mirae pulled the chair and sat down. Myungsoo sat opposite her. “Here.” Myungsoo handed her a pair of chopsticks and the chopsticks exchanged hand. They started to eat quietly.

“Aish I missed Sooyeon unnie.” Mirae sighed.

Myungsoo glared. “Yah, don’t do that face in front of food, tsk.”

“This is the third time she didn’t have dinner with us, oppa.” She tapped the table with her chopsticks. “How can you sit still?”

“You want me to eat while standing up?”

Mirae kicked his ankle under the table. “Not funny, oppa.”

“Yah! I’m your oppa.” Myungsoo bent in and rubbed his ankle.

“Don’t do stupid jokes in front of food, tsk.” She rolled her eyes.

“Sooyeon unnie is going to be fine. This is not her first time coming home late.”

Mirae nodded weakly as she scooped her rice. “I know.” But then her face brightens up. “Oppa.”

“Hm?”

“Did Sooyeon unnie got many secret admirers?”

Myungsoo choked. He reached for his glass and took a gulp. “Why are you saying that?”

Mirae grinned. “If a stupid arrogant brat like you like her to death, I bet she has a lot then.”

“Yah! I’m your oppa, Mirae.” His eyes rounded. “Your Sooyeon unnie won’t notice things like that anyway.” He mumbled. A small smile formed when he remembered a few scenes where he tried to hint at her but she noticed nothing.

“To be honest, I was shocked when you told mom that you do have somebody in your mind.”

Myungsoo’s ears turned scarlet.

“I wonder what mom told to Soyeon unnie’s aunty to marry you two off.”

Myungsoo blinked. “Mirae, do you perhaps –“

Mirae raised her brow. “Perhaps what?”

“Still sad about Grandma’s decision?” He asked quietly. He knew how different Grandma treated his sister. His heart ached when Mirae was treated like an outsider by her own grandmother.

 “You’re still worried about that?” Mirae let out a small giggle. “It’s alright, oppa. I can understand why Grandma chooses you. You’re the only grandson in our family.”

“But you’re her granddaughter!”

Mirae nodded. “But you’re the one who carried our family name oppa, not me. Grandma treasured you a lot.” She smiled weakly. “So make you do things right, okay?”

Myungsoo sighed.

Mirae looked up. “Yah! You make me feel bad, oppa.”

“You make me feel the worse.” Myungsoo glared at her with a small smile.

Mirae glanced up at the clock. “Aren’t unnie should come home around this time? It’s almost nine.”

Myungsoo glanced up at the clock too. “She will be arriving later.” He mumbled.

Mirae shrugged off. “Poor Sooyeon unnie. Riding bus in the rain alone.”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened. Ah right, it’s raining! He stood up and grabbed his grey sweater on the sofa.

 “I’m going to the lobby.” He announced before disappeared behind the door.

Mirae’s forehead wrinkled. “What’s wrong with that oppa?”

 

 

 

“Turn left after this corner, Suho.”

Suho nodded at your instructions. A tall building greets your view right away. “You live here?” He asked.

You nodded. “It's near to our school and centre of the city. There are a lot of buses and taxis here too.”

He glanced at you. “You live here alone?”

You smiled at him. “Hmm,” you just hummed in agreement without actually telling the male the true story.

“I feel bad for you though. I’m so sorry for letting you walked back alone at nights, Sooyeon-ah.”

You let out a small giggle. “Don’t worry about me, Suho. I'm perfectly fine.”

Suho stole a glance towards you. His heart beats going crazy for the umpteenth time. “Should I pick you up and send you off?”

You looked at him. “No need to do that, Suho. Told you, I’m perfectly fine.” You turned your gaze in front. “We arrived then.” You pointed.

Suho nodded and stopped the car at the road side.

“Thank you, Suho.” You took out your umbrella from your bag.

“I seriously feel bad.” He pouted.

“Please don’t. You’re doing the right things.” You opened the door and opened up the umbrella. Carefully stepped out from the car, you bowed to him before closing the door. “Thank you again.” You smiled.

“See you at school.” He grinned.

“Nae.” You closed the door and waved happily at him before the car drove away. Once, Suho’s car disappeared from your view, you turned around.

Your eyes widened.

“Yah, Kim Myungsooo! Why are you standing here in the rain?”

Kim Myungsoo was there, stood still in the rain. And his expression was unreadable.

You walked fast towards him and shielded both of you from the rain using your umbrella. “Are you crazy?” You wiped the water droplets on his face with your fingers gently.

That when you noticed his hard expression. “Yah, what’s wrong with you?” You pulled your hand slowly.

His eyes squinted hard at you. “Are you sure you were having a study group?”

You blinked. “What? Of course, I went for stud—“

“Because to me, you look like you just went on a date.”

You looked up at him. His gaze was cold.

“Myungsoo, are you alright?” You softly asked.

“Did I disturb your date, then?” His words were slicing away your heart into pieces. It feels like he was pouring cold water on you.

“Yah, Myungsoo. What are you talking about?” The rain became heavier. You took a step closer to him to avoid the rain.

“You seem happy with Suho though.” He rolled his eyes.

“Myungsoo—“

“Do you like him? God, what so good about him?” He wiped his face.

You sighed. “Myungsoo, you sh—“

“I feel bad your date ended though.” He turned away.

“Where the hell you heard that I liked him?” You grabbed his arm and turned him around. “I wasn't going on a date. I was just finished with my group study when Suho volunteered himself to send me home because it’s raining. I refused him at first, but he insisted because he feels bad. Happy?”

Myungsoo stood still, staring down at you.

“Myungsoo, you’re scaring me. You shouldn’t be here. Now, look at you.”

He was wet from head to toe.

You pulled his hand and walked straight to the lift. “Come.” You glanced at him before sighed. “What should I tell Mirae about her brother?” You mumbled.

“Y-you don’t like him?” He asked quietly.

You glanced up at him as both of you entered the lift. ”Is that what bothering you?” You asked as your finger pressed the third-floor key and the automatic door closed. “No. I don’t like Suho.”

Myungsoo’s lips unconsciously turn into a wide smile. “Really?”

“Yes yes.” You’re frustrated. “Suho was a great man, but that doesn’t mean I like him.” You looked at him. “Now, tell me. Why are you standing outside, drenched and soaked in wet?”

Myungsoo turned away. He brushed his bang lightly to brush away the water droplets. “Nothing. Nothing at all.” He smiled.

He had never felt so happy as he was at the moment, to be honest.

 

Your ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter