029

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Nine ;;

Betrayed.

Hurt.

Anger.

All of these feeling were mixed up and right now, you can’t really do anything. You hate yourself for being weak, you hate yourself for being hurt and you hate yourself for letting yourself cried easily –like right now.

“Meow.”

You blinked when Minhee mew at you. You shook your head a bit and wiped your tears before squatting in front of the white cat. “What is it, Minhee-ah?”

The cat sits down on four before mew once again. Somehow the mew sounds sad to you.

“Are you okay, Minhee-ah?” You pat its head softly.

You picked the cat up from the nursery as soon as you arrived at your house this morning. The cat bounced cheerfully when he saw you back then. You can’t help but to giggle at the small gesture that cat’s showing you as if the cat knows how to cheer you up when you’re gloomy and sad.

Minhee rolled on his back before mew a few time while you’re tickling his bare stomach.

“That’s right.” You smiled weakly as you squished the cat. “I should be happy that you are here with me.”

You took a deep breath as your eyes looked around the living room that you’ve left for weeks. You just finished vacuumed and cleaning things – good thing being busy is that you’re distracted. But then you sighed softly when you saw a few pair of Myungsoo’s shoes scattered at the hallway.

You slowly darted back your eyes from his shoes to Minhee. You stared at the cat for a while.  “Do you want to have your biscuit, sweetheart?”

Minhee mew and jumped eagerly.

But your heart clenched in pain once the sweetheart word escaped from your lips. But you smiled almost immediately when Minhee mewed once again.

“Wait a bit, okay?”

You stood up and walked to the kitchen and opened one of the cabinets to retrieved Minhee’s biscuit. You walked back to the living room and poured the biscuit carefully to Minhee’s bowl. The cat already stands by your side once you finished pouring.

“There, go eat.” You grinned widely when Minhee dig in his bowl.

You stared at him for a second before your phone start to ring. Glancing at the ID caller, you sighed softly before answering.

“Hello mom?”

“Sooyeon, where are you?”

Another prove that Myungsoo’s making the decision by himself – judging on how clueless your mother in law was. “I’m ..in my house.”

“You’re alone?” Which means: Myungsoo’s not with you?

You hummed, try to swallow down the gut in your throat. “I’m with Minhee right now.”

You can hear that Mrs Kim sighed at the other end of line. “Sooyeon, come back here eoh? I will send the driver to pick you up.”

“No, mom.” You cut her almost immediately. “I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.”

“This is not fine, Sooyeon. You need to get back here. We will settle it here.”

You glanced at Minhee with your teary eyes. “Mom, I –I want to stay here.” Why would you want go back there when you’re being kicked out?

“Sooyeon, I’m so sorry. I already heard everything from Mrs Lee and I just don’t understand why on earth Myungsoo’s behaving like that.”

You stayed silent.

“So Sooyeon, come back and –“

“I’m sorry, mom. But I just can’t.” You whimpered. “Maybe Myungsoo got his reason.”

“Whatever the reason was – Myungsoo can’t pull something like this. You’re his wife for god sake!”

You smiled weakly. “But mom, we are ..just husband and wife on paper only.”

 “What do you mean husband and wife on paper, Sooyeon?” You can hear Mrs Kim gasped. “Don’t tell me that Myungsoo haven’t told you anything yet.”

Whatever Myungsoo haven’t told you anything yet was, you decided to brush it off. Myungsoo choose to ignore you and kick you away without telling you anything makes your heart burned in betrayed and disappointment.

 “I know my position, mom. We just got married because it’s Grandma’s wish. And now that Grandma was gone, this marriage was literally nothing right, mom? It’s not like we love each other or something.” You lied.

You knew that you love him. You like how Myungsoo called you as his sweetheart and you love it when Myungsoo’s staring at your couple bracelet. You love it when Myungsoo leaned in  brushed your bang. It’s not hard to notice your own feeling when Myungsoo was around.

But sadly, he was not, you thought.

“Sooyeon, you should know that –“

“Don’t worry, mom. I just need some time. I’m fine for the time being.” You should stop Mrs Kim from coaxing you.

You can hear Mrs Kim sighed. “I really love you, Sooyeon. You’re a good daughter.”

A good daughter. It’s been such a long time to hear somebody calling you as a daughter. You smiled at her words. “I loves you too, mom.”

“I will talk to Myungsoo, I promise.”

You just your lips and hummed. You knew Mrs Kim is the best person to consult Myungsoo. But somehow, you don’t really anticipate the result because thinking about Myungsoo itself makes you bitter straight away.

“I’ll hang up then, mom.”

“Alright. Take care, okay Sooyeon?”

You ended up the call and sighed.

Out of sudden, the bell rang.

 

 

“You should call me or something if you want to visit, oppa.” You glanced at Sehun who’s smiling behind the counter. “What if I’m going out or something?”

“But you’re here anyway.”

You rolled your eyes before scooping the rice into the bowls. “How do you know I’m here?”

Sehun’s lips turned into a thin, firm line. “Intuition?”

You sneered at him as you bring the bowls to him. “You never got a correct intuition, oppa.”

“Hey, it’s really my intuition Sooyeon.” Sehun whined. “I even brought you groceries – my intuition told me that you got nothing in your house.”

“Should I say thank you, then?” You glanced at him before sitting opposite of him. You cooked simple dishes such as kimchi soup and some grilled meats thanks to Sehun who come in time with his groceries.

“You should.” Sehun passed you a pair of chopsticks and both of you start to eat.

“Omma was asking if you want to come back to our house, Sooyeon – since you’re living alone again.” Sehun quietly asked.

Your chopstick movement halted.

Frowning, Sehun asked. “What?”

“How did you know I’m alone right now?” Your eyes glared at him.

Sehun choked. “I-I told you it’s my intuition.”

You sighed. “Myungsoo the one who tell you, isn’t? That I’m here.”

Sehun looked away.

You put your chopstick aside. “So you know?”

Sehun looked at you. “Know what?”

“That he kicked me away.” You said bitterly.

“He come to our house this morning and said that you want to go back to your house but he can’t since he got his grandma’s things to settle. So you’re coming back to your house alone.” Sehun stared at you. “Judging from the way you talk, I guess you’re really was kicked out huh?”

Myungsoo lied again. “Wait. How about aunty then?”

Sehun chewed his meat as his eyes softly stared at you. You hate it when people looked at you with those concern eyes. “Omma believed him of course. Omma even asked him to finish everything as soon as possible and come and pick you when he’s done.”

You stared at your foods. Why is he avoiding me?

“I just come by to check on you and you proved me one thing – that Myungsoo bastard was ing stupid.”

You sighed. “Oppa. Let him be.”

Sehun stare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter