039

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Nine ;;

Myungsoo stared down at the reports in his hand, reading words by words although his brain already spinning with the new information. Sometimes his pen run against the paper, highlighting the important things and wrote a few small notes here and there.

That was what he’d been doing for the entire morning until his intercom went beeping.

He swiftly pushed the very left button and put it in speaker mode, eyes never left the paper that he was holding. “Yes, Sunghwa-ssi?”

“There’s somebody want to meet you, sir.” Myungsoo can sense how hesitant his secretary was.

“So?”

“Um, should I let the visitor come in?”

He frowned. “And you’re asking me that? Didn’t you know the procedures? I thought you have all my appointments info?”

“I do sir. B-but,”

Myungsoo let out a frustration sigh. “Sunhwa, you know the procedure. If somebody wants to meet me, they need to make an appointment. Through you, if I may add.” He glanced down at his watch. “And definitely not at lunch hour. It’s the only time that I have to myself.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Other than my father, I don’t want to meet anybody on my lunch hour. Did you understand?”

“I understand, sir.”

“Good.” Myungsoo let out a tired sigh and pressed the left button again to end the talk. He lazily picked up the paper and his eyes started to scan the report once again.

But then his office door was swung open.

“I didn’t know you don’t accept visitors on lunch hour.”

Myungsoo looked up immediately once the voice hit his eardrums.

He blinked once and twice. “Sooyeon, here I mean, you –what,”

Sunhwa appeared behind you, guilty written all over her face. “Sir, I’m sorry – She’s just slipping in and –“

Myungsoo quickly gathered his posture and cleared his throat a bit. “No it’s fine. You can go, Sunhwa-ssi.” He waved his hand, eyes still glued on you.

Sunhwa bit her lower lip as her eyes ping pong-ing between you and her boss before bowed at Myungsoo. You bowed at her too as you muttered a small apology for her for causing her ruckus. Sunhwa was flustered for a second before bowing back to you and walked away.

“What did I do to owe this surprise?” Myungsoo grinned as soon as the door closed. He really did not expect this, you can tell that.

Well, there’s a proud feeling slipped into you for a moment.

You turned to him, glaring. “I was forced by my aunty to visit you.”

Myungsoo pouted. “That’s it?”

“Eung.”

“You should lie a bit. You should said, ‘being a good wife I am, I need to visit my hardworking husband’.”

You snorted, failed to hide your amuse smile. “I thought a good wife shouldn’t lie to her husband, no?” Nahh, you lied. Aunty never ask you to come. You volunteered yourself to visit his work place and *cough* him of course.

Myungsoo blinked. “Uh, right.”

You glanced down at her big messy table, ignoring how cute he was. How a person can look so adorable and squishy in suit? “I guess you’re really busy. I shouldn’t visit you on lunch hour in the future.”

Myungsoo eyes were shining when he heard your last sentence. “You want to visit me in the future too?”

“Didn’t you the one who say you don’t want anybody to visit you at lunch hour except your father just now?” You raised your eyebrows, grinning.

“You are allowed to come every lunch time, sweetheart. I will tell my secretary that.”

“Sure, Myungsoo.” You shook your head at his smile. “I brought you lunch.” You raised the yellow plastic bag.

Myungsoo stared at the plastic bag for a second with his jaws dropped. “When did you –“

“What?” You glanced at him.

Myungsoo’s lips moved again but nothing escaped for his lips –shocked.

But seriously, why he didn’t notice that plastic when you came in before?

You gasped. “You already eat, didn’t you?”

Myungsoo quickly shook his head. “No no, I was just –“ The feeling was overwhelming. For four years he’d been working, there’s never a person bring him lunch boxes – homemade – not even his mother. And he never expect that you out of people will come to him just to make sure he have lunch.

“Well, if you didn’t eat yet, then that’s good.” You let out a satisfied smile as your eyes roamed around his office room. “Can we go to that table?” You pointed at a mini meeting table for 10 persons at the other side of the room before looking at him. “I promised I won’t make dirty of it.”

How could he say no when you asked cutely like that?

In the next second, both of you already seated at the marble table as you were taking out the lunch boxes and Myungsoo was busy staring at you dreamily.

“You’re staring.” You said as you opened up the lids without looking up. It’s not hard to tell that his eyes glued on you right now.

Myungsoo just hummed lightly.

You glanced at him. “Can you not?”

Myungsoo support his chin with his elbow and smiled. “Ah whyyy?”

“It’s uncomfortable, Myungsoo.” You tried hard not to blush.

“Let me stare at my wife a bit more.” He said.

You let out a defeated sigh.

“Your face changed, you know, after these seven years.”

Your eyes flickered at his face for a second before you looked back at the thermos in hand. You really don’t want to bring up the topic about seven years without each other especially when you’re with him alone, like right now.

“It’s not a bad change.” Myungsoo assured -- didn’t notice that your face turned a bit pale. “You look more matured --”

You hummed quietly as you passed him his chopstick an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter