032

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Two ;;

 

 

A loud cheer can be from the hallways as soon as the bell rang indicating the last paper of their final exam ended. The teachers can only smile and shakes their heads at the students' behaviour.

"I knew they’re going to ask about that question!"

"I'm soooooo dead."

"The answer for 4(b) is 34.5 m/s right?"

"I'm soooooo done."

Mr Cho waved his hands in the air asking for another small attention. "Okay guys." He cleared up his throat. "I just want to remind you that even though the exam was over and you guys basically have nothing solid to do in school, please come to the school. We got a lot of outdoor events for you guys." He grinned when the students groaned before walked towards the door.

"And please remember to wear warm clothes because it's start to snow soon." He said before he disappeared behind the wooden door.

Another waves of cheer heard as the students start to pack their bag. Most of them talked about how hard and tricky the physics paper was but it was a big relief since it was over. Some of them also talked about not coming to school -ignored bluntly their homeroom teacher's words.

But none of them matters. None of them matters.

"Let's go." Jiyeon stood up and you followed her action straight away.

Both of you was walking towards the door when somebody called for you.

"Sooyeon!"

You turned immediately and saw Hoya's walking towards you.

"Is the news true?" He whispered as soon as he stopped in front of you.

You and Jiyeon exchanged a confused glance before you looked back at him. "What news?"

Hoya's brows turned deep in sad curl. "My mom said that --"

You cut him immediately when the answer hit you. "Yes yes it’s true! Don't tell anybody, please." You whimpered when Hoya let out a sigh.

"Why did you --"

"I just need to, oppa. I just need to." You looked down and stared at your shoes. Jiyeon immediately intertwined your fingers together - providing support. You looked up at her. You knew even Jiyeon didn't agree with this, but it was your desicion.

Hoya messed his hair in frustration. "Why, god?" He muttered to himself. He glanced at you. "When, then?"

You gulped down the guilty in your throat before muttered, "Next week."

"You can't do this, Sooyeon. This is ..just wrong." You noticed the sad and betrayed in his tone. "This is just wrong." He repeated. “I don’t how how –god.”

You looked away. "I'm sorry."

Hoya let out another sigh. It's hard when he was in the middle - too hard.

"Are you free tonight? I will visit you then." He said.

You nodded and let out a weak smile. "Sure. Aunty say it have been a long time since you've visited us."

Hoya nodded and ruffled your hair with a brother’s affection. "Alright. See you later then."

You hummed and unintentionally looked past Hoya's shoulder and met Myungsoo's sharp stare. You looked away immediately and pulled Jiyeon away with you as soon as you waved Hoya's off.

"You should tell him beforehand, you know?" Jiyeon decided to break the silenced once both of you walked down the hallways. "Hoya oppa was really shock back then."

You let out a sigh.

"To be honest, I don't like you acting like this, Sooyeon. This thing can be settles if you two sit down and talk."  Jiyeon continued.

"That's the thing, Jiyeon, we can't simply sit down and talk."

"Your uncle and aunty agreed to this?"

You nodded.

"Sehun oppa too?"

You nodded.

Jiyeon let out a sigh. "I felt bad for you. And Minhee."

You let out a heavy sigh as you looked around the hallways. The hallways too, packed with people and noise - discussing back about their exams and checking answers with each other. There was a small mew and your eyes flickered to the source of noise. There is a small white cat at the stair, sitting comfortably.

"Minhee and I are going to be alright." You turned to Jiyeon and let out a small assuring smile. "So don't worry."

"Sooyeon!"

Both of you turned. You frowned almost immediately.

"Can I have a word with you? Only the two of us?" Naeun asked. "Please."

 

 

You looked down from the rooftop. The students walked towards the gate in groups. You threw your gaze around the school compound as if you were memorizing the buildings. It was chilly these days because winter was just around the corner. You pulled your blazer tighter and sighed softly.

"Sooyeon?" Naeun softly called.

You tuned away from the railing and looked at Naeun, she was sitting at the same chair Myungsoo sat on when both of you have the lunch together. How ironic.  

"Yes?" You shifted uncomfortably under Naeun's stare. The girl looked at you deeply before she blinked and sighed.

You bit your lower lip. "Is there something you want to tell me?" To be honest, you glad that you make friends with Naeun. Naeun was a great friend - she was definitely a good friend with a great personality which you admired a lot.

"Is there anything you want to tell me, Sooyeon?"

You let out an awkward laugh. "What do you mean, Naeun?"

Did she hear what did Hoya oppa and I talked just now?

Naeun let out a small sigh. "To be honest, I knew everything, Sooyeon-ah."

No way she can hear us, you thought. If she knew about it then -

"I knew about you and Myungsoo."

Your eyes widened. "What?"  That's not what you expected. You mean, your marriage's secret was completely hidden from everybody from the school and you never thought that Naeun out of people would knew it first since she just registered the school last month.

That was when you noticed that Naeun's eyes were actually teary.

This is what Myungsoo' afraid of. A broken hearted Naeun.

"Is it fun?" She hissed. "Is it fun to play on me?"

"N-Naeun, what are you talking about?"

"Stop acting like a stupid person, Sooyeon!" Naeun yelled and the tears started to stream down her cheeks. "Stop acting like you're my friend. I'm hurt enough!"

You were speechless. "Naeun-ah.."

"I thought you're sincere, Sooyeon. But what?  You  were actually lying to me? Why don't you tell me that you are Myungsoo's wife from the start, Sooyeon?"

You looked away, your lips trembled.

"Why?" Naeun hissed. "You let me walk beside him, you let me spend my recess time with him, you let me fall even deeper for him, Sooyeon. Why?" Naeun cried.

You stood still there, unable to perform a full sentence. Why Sooyeon? Why you let her walk beside Myungsoo? Why you let her her spend her recess time with Myungsoo? Why let Naeun loved him?

"Do you think I don’t notice when people talked behind my back? Do you think I won’t notice how uncomfortable you are when Myungsoo around?” Naeun stared at you. “When I first saw your pictures at Myungsoo's attic --" Naeun sobbed "-- I thought you guys are no longer in relationship because you guys seems so distant. But still, I acted like I know nothing, and try to cling for Myungsoo -- I want to see your reaction. And you show me nothing. So, I really thought that you guys were over, only to be shocked that you are his wife. You are still Myungsoo's wife."

"H-how did you know?"

"Mirae was never a fan of mine." Naeun smiled weakly as she wiped the streaming tears. "She was kinda busted out yesterday."

You looked away. You did called Mirae yesterday to tell her ..about Minhee. It didn't turn out well.

"Why it must be you?" Naeun whimpered. "Why he never noticed me?" But then she let out a small, weak giggle. "But of course he won't. He already had you."

Guilty hit you. "Naeun, we married because of grandma's wish. It just --"

"I TOLD YOU TO NOT PLAY STUPID, DIDNT I?" She glared at you.

"I know the way he looked at you, Sooyeon. It was the way how I looked at him. Why I never noticed it before?" Naeun glanced at you, her face was red. "Why you didn't push me away, why? Why you didn’t called me for being clingy at your husband? Why you didn’t stop me?"

"Naeun.."

“Because you know at the end you will always win, right? You know that at the end you will win that's why you let me. You knew it was me the one who's going to hurt." Naeun sobbed. "You are so cruel, Sooyeon."

I'm the one who hurt. Naeun-ah.

"Naeun --"

"Why I can't hate you, Sooyeon-ah?" Naeun sniffed. "I really want to hate you, I want to hate every single soul that caught Myungsoo's eyes but why I can't hate you?" She whimpered.

Naeun's weak voice tugged your heart. You try not to cry, not now. You knew how deep her love for Myungsoo -- you saw how Naeun take care of Myungsoo in your absence. You knew it’s hurt a lot when Naeun knew that her only love married to somebody else. It's sad for you to see Naeun so broken like this.

"You were always there when I need somebody to listen to me. You knew all about my mother and you knew all about my father, and you knew all about my feeling to Myungsoo yet you never complain. You never show your dissafication when I talked about him." Naeun wiped away her tears. "You are even listening to me now."

"I was sincere, Naeun. I never have a thought to hurt you, not even once." You spoke softly.

Naeun nodded. "I know. I was such an emotional ." She looked away. "I'm hopeless."

You wiped the single tear that rolling down your cheek before she walked to Naeun and softly hold her shoulder. Naeun looked at you with her teary eyes.

"Don't lose hope, Naeun-ah."

"I already lose, Sooyeon.I already lose the moment I walked out from the house last five years. I already lose when I'm not here watching Myungsoo grown up. I'm already lose when he was married."

You let out a small smile. "Myungsoo and I -we can never make it."

"He loves you."

If he really loves me, he would never put you as his prio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter