044

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty Four ;;

Four month later.

You quickly walked back to the main hall through the back door with a small hope that the guests won’t noticed that you’ve actually gone for a minute. You quickly slipped in and –

“Sooyeon!”

You quickly turned around and let out a sigh of relief when it was Jiyeon came nearer. It might be bad if Myungsoo who’s the one who found you. Or worse, your aunty. “You scared me.”

Jiyeon stopped right in front of you, frowning. “Yah, where’re you going? Everybody was searching for you.”

You glanced at her. “I’m so sorry, Jiyeon-ah. My head hurts and I really need to get some fresh air because my head was throbbing hard -- I went to the toilet to wash up my face but I almost forgot that I’m wearing makeup right now.”

“You didn’t wash your face, right?”

You shook your head and you heard Jiyeon’s letting out sigh of relief. “Everyone is worried for you!” She repeated.

You looked up. “They noticed I’m gone?”

“Well, not the guests but your family did notice. I thought Myungsoo is going crazy searching for you.” Jiyeon snorted before she grabbed your wrist and dragged you to the crowd. “He kept saying that you’re going to be the first bride in Seoul to dump her husband on the wedding reception party.”

Both of you laughed at that.

“But I was gone only for a minute.” You protested.

“Why you don’t mention it to anybody?” Jiyeon glared. “At least tell Myungsoo that you need to go to toilet so that he don’t look like a lost puppy.”

You are still grinning. “Lost puppy?”

“Not funny, really.” Jiyeon said, although her lips threaten to smile. “He tried hard to compose his face in front of the guests although he said that he really want to cry and wail at the dance floor. Can you imagine how your families are going to search you in these two thousand crowds quietly?”

Yeah right. Tonight was your wedding reception party – to tell the world about your marriage. At first you disagree – well, you’re already in your seventh years of marriage for god sake – but Myungsoo insisted and whined like a childish kid. He said people need to know that he’s married and you belong to each other. So here it is, a mega party with almost two thousand guest from hundreds companies and friends.

Your eyes widened. “Jiyeon! The dance!”

“That’s why people are searching for you, stupid! The dance is going to start anytime soon.” She hissed as she pulled you through the crowd.

“Oh my god oh my god! No wonder Myungsoo restless, the dance!” You said in between half smiling half frowning at the guests as they congratulated you in rush as you walked past them.

“Now we better hurry before Myungsoo ran away to find you –“

“Unnie!”

Both of you stopped in tracks when Mirae’s running towards you in her gown. “I’m searching everywhere for you.” She panted. “Thank goodness!”

“I’m sorry I’m –“

Mirae waved her hand in the air and glanced at both of you and Jiyeon. “We got no time. The dance has to start now.” She turned to the stage and waved her hand to the MC. The MC somehow saw her sign and quickly, he leaned in to his microphone.

“Ladies and gentlemen, let’s invite the bride with her uncle and the husband with his mother to the dance floor in honour to start out highlight event – the main dance.”

You can’t hear what his words next because you head was spinning and buzzing like a vacuum and the crowd cheered and parted their ways for you and the next thing your head registered was you uncle’s smiling down at you as he brought you to the dance floor. The hall’s lighting dimmed immediately and your ears caught soft song played through the speaker.

Once you in the middle of the hall, your uncle turned to you and held out his hand. “May I have the first dance?”

You beamed at him before accepted his hand and laughed. “Oh uncle.”

He grinned and gently put his hand on your waist and you placed your hand on his chest. You can see from the corner of your eyes that the guests started paired into two and started to dance too. Myungsoo must be in the crowd somewhere – dancing with his mother with restless mind. You wondered how much dance and partner you’re going to have before you finally can meet Myungsoo?

 “I’m so proud of you, Sooyeon.” He said softly when both of you started to dance.

“Uncle…” You knew where this conversation was going immediately. His gaze was soft and his eyes were getting teary but he covered them with a soft smile. He might not say about it yet – but you knew. You always do.

“Look at you -- you grown up into a beautiful woman, you have a good job and most importantly, you have a great husband that will cherish and loves you till the end of your life. I was proud to say that you become this successful because you are under my love and care.”

You sniffed lightly.

Your uncle smiled. “Your father and mother are going to rest well knowing somebody great as Myungsoo going to take care of you.” He said softly.

You leaned your head and into his chest and your uncle laughed. “You’re not going to cry on me, aren’t you?”

You sniffed and of course, you cried. It always amazed you on how your feelings might change in a second. You’re laughing with your families and friends earlier and acting like a sad kid right now.

“If only your father is the one who have your first dance. Well of course, I’m honoured to be in his place. But it might bring another meaning to you if it was your dad, isn’t?” Your uncle holds you tightly – he’s silently holding tears too.

“I’m your daughter too.” You said quietly.

Your uncle smiled. “Yeah, you’re my daughter. You always do. I think I can finally rest in peace too, knowing my only daughter going to be fine.”

“Uncle..” You whimpered.

“You can’t cry on my expensive coat, Sooyeon!” You uncle joked again to lighten up the mood and you laughed lightly.

“I’m sorry.” You laughed as you wiped your wet cheeks.

“And I heard you’re missing just now. Where did you go?” You uncle spun you before continued, “You’re not having some time to think something weird right?”

You laughed again. “Something weird?”

Your uncle grinned. “Something weird like making decision to go to Japan overnight?” He chuckled when you pouted. “You can’t run away if you have problems okay? More problems will come –and you’re going to face it – only this time, together with Myungsoo. Take a sit and have a talk.”

“Uncle, I was nineteen at that time!” You whined. “I’m not mature enough, okay?”

Your uncle rolled his eyes. “Yeah sure, but now you’re like what – twenty six? – so you’re mature enough to make mature and safe decision by your own. You’re mature enough right now, right?”

It’s your turn to roll your eyes. “Yes, sir.”

Your uncle laughed and the bell rang softly. “Alright. Now go on, I need to pass you to the next person. Remember my words, Sooyeon.”

You smiled and nodded. You can see the light wrinkles at his eyes and skin yet you still remember the first day you walked in to the Oh’s house after your parents’ funeral. You might closer to your aunty compared to your uncle, but it was your uncle who hugged you to sleep when you cried at late nights, he was the one who signed your report cards and bought you presents when you passed your exams, the one who become a father to the orphan you.  Your uncle always has a special place in your heart.

Your uncle smile at you for the last time before he spun you and you went into another’s strong arms.

“Yah, where the hell did you go just now?”

You tilted your head. “What? You’re going to scold me in front of the crowds?”

Sehun snorted. “I almost had a heart attack when –“

“I don’t need your heart attack, oppa.”

Sehun glared at you. “Not for you, kid. Your Seolhyun unnie was too stubborn. She’s panic and can you imagine – she’s walked through the crowd for you –“

Your eyes widened. “ Omoo, unnie!” Guilty hit you. “I didn’t mean to make everybody worry about me. Especially not her.”

“Yeah right, omoo unnie.” Sehun copied your words in sarcastic tone.

You laughed at that. “But really, I’m sorry. I just went for toilet.”

Sehun let out a sigh before he spins you. “I told them that you might go to the toilet yet nobody trusts me.”

“Aigoo, they should trust you.” You nodded with a tease.

“Right? After all, I knew you the best.”

“Well not the best, but whatever.”

Sehun glared sharp at you.

You grinned. “Where’s your wife anyway?”

Sehun’s glared melted right away and replaced by a big smile on his face. What did you do to my oppa, Seolhyun unnie? He’s so whipped about you. “I forced her to sit as soon as they announced the dance’s going to start.”

You frowned. “Wait, you didn’t dance with her just now?”

“Nope, I dance with mom.” He grinned. “I don’t want to risk our baby.”

Yeah right. Sehun’s wedding happened last four month and now Seolhyun’s unnie was pregnant for four months too. It turned out that Sehun and Seolhyun unnie did have *cough* intimates times *cough*before their marriage and of course – your aunty was furious and mad and panic and all.

“I already told you not to touch Seolhyun before the wedding, Oh Sehun.”She hissed.

But on the top of all, the woman was extremely happy because she’s going to have her first grandchild ever. You did envy for them, but you told yourself it’s okay to take time. It’s okay to have things settled first before focusing more on the future.

Sehun cleared his throat. “So, I hope you’re happy with Myungsoo, Sooyeon.”

You looked up as Sehun’s words pulled you back to reality. “Eoh?”

“I hope you’re happy with Myungsoo. Marriage is not an easy thing. You need my blessing soo..” Sehun cleared his throat again, “..be happy with him, really.”

You snorted. “I married for seven years ago, oppa. I’m your sunbae for this.”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Myungsoo is a good kid.”

You raised your brows. Sehun never liked Myungsoo before, and of course, vice versa. But something must happen when you’re in Japan -- because when you’re coming back, both of the male get along so well.

Seolhyun unnie tell you this when you asked her if she knows anything about Sehun and Myungsoo – and she said that the way Myungsoo came to the Oh’s house in your absent – to your room precisely – everyday soften Sehun’s heart. He slowly opened up to Myungsoo though it’s not easy because Myungsoo not really in his right mind. Apparently Sehun told Seolhyun everything duhh.

“I know.” You answered.

Sehun shrugged. “Though you lost your chance to be with a great man like me, don’t get frustrated too much.”

You rolled your eyes. “I’m not!”

“Oh my god I can’t believe I really want to marry you back then.” Sehun groaned.

You laughed. “And now you’re happy with Seolhyun unnie.”

“And now we are happy with our own choices.” Sehun smiled.

You nodded. It always amazed you on how possessive Sehun over you back then and on how he changed for a better person today.

The bell rang.

Sehun snorted. “Now off you go, you kid.”

He spins you once again and –

“Why on earth you’re so heavy?”

“I’m getting dizzy and going to vomit very soon if you guys keep spins me around.”

Hoya chuckled. “Well, you better get ready because we are not going to let Myungsoo dance to you that easy. We will keep spinning you around until Myungsoo explode and kick us out from your party.”

You looked up at him, frowning. “What do you mean?”

Hoya showed off his canines smile. “Look around.”

You peeked over his shoulder and saw Woohyun, Dongwoo, Sungjong, and Sungyeol danced close to you and Hoya. They keep glancing and smiling when they meet your eyes as if they were teasing you. You can’t see Sunggyu – perhaps he’s busy with Jiyeon and their child – and Myungsoo was nowhere in your sight.

You turned to Hoya. “Oppa!”

Howon laughed. “Well this might be sadistic a bit but, you really should see how panic Myungsoo was when you’re gone. Where did you go anyway?”

You let out a sigh. “I’m going to the toilet, okay? How many times should I answer this question?” You whined.

“Well, if our plan succeed, you might answer the four boys and –“

“Oppa!”

He laughed.

“To be honest, I’m glad that you have the reception party, Sooyeon-ah.”

“Forget about me, let’s talk about you. When you’re going to get marry?”

Hoya groaned.

“Your mom asked me if I have any single friend to be introduced to you, you know? You like an independent woman right? Somebody that is good in handling things by herself, carefree and good at talking too. I knew a few people. Maybe if --”

“No need to do so, okay? I will find one on my own.” He mumbled.

You raised your eyes brow. “You’re not gay, right oppa?”

Hoya gasped. “You and my mom always asked the same question! No, I’m not. I’m straight.”

You laughed. “Then why you’re rejecting Eunji?”

“I don’t like her, okay?” Hoya said. “She’s too loud.”

“But oppa, I don’t like Myungsoo at first too.”

Hoya glanced at you. “Well, I’m not like you and Myungsoo obviously –but thank you very much.”

“You’re picky.” You stuck your tongue out at him. “Don’t you want to have kids on your own?” You knew Hoya was extremely good with kids – he got this fatherly behaviour on him.

“Well, your children are going to be my children too.”

“Excuse me?”

“The seven of us already promised to share the kids together.”

You tilted your head. “But I never see you get close with Sunggyu oppa’s child though.”

“That because the kid was Sunggyu hyung’s and Jiyeon’s. Both of them were fierce as and there’s no way I can get near to the baby without getting bleeding ears.”

You laughed at that.

“Wait, I can see Myungsoo is coming here.”

“Where –“

“Don’t turn!” Hoya quickly said and you looked back at him. “He’s dancing around --or was he glaring? How on earth he get to this side anyway?”

“But oppaaaa –“

Hoya smirked at somebody behind you – it must be Myungsoo – and he spun you in his arm before continued dancing, just to tease your husband. “I can see smokes coming out from his ears.” Hoya chuckled and you can’t help but to smile at his words. “And he’s glaring to Sungjong right now.” Hoya said and you can hear Sungjong’s tease laugh a second later.

“Are you seriously going to do this to Myungsoo?”

Hoya hummed though his eyes still glued hard on Myungsoo. “Well, yes.”

You laughed. “Who’s his dancing with?”

Hoya darted back his gaze to you. “Why asking? Jealous much?”

“I’m just asking!” You whined.

Well, if it Naeun –

“It’s Mirae.” He said softly as he looked back at Myungsoo.

You stared at Hoya’s face for a second. “Is it me or you’re really blushing hard right now?”

Hoya choked as he pulled his gaze to you. “Excuse me?”

You gasped. You saw it – Hoya’s expression. “Oppa, your ears are flushing red right now and your eyes – oh my god, it’s Mirae!”

Hoya glared down at you. “Now what the hell are you talking about?”

His glared bring nothing to you, though, because he was red all over and it make him looked like a cute fierce kitten.

You laughed. “Mirae, oppa? Really?”

Hoya looked away – he’s no longer in mood to tease you or Myungsoo.

“No wonder you’re forever alone – you’re waiting for her.” You said with a soft smile.

This time, Hoya shyly glanced up passed your shoulder and you understood. It’s not Myungsoo his eyes go to, it’s Mirae all along.

“Did Mirae know about this?” You whispered and Hoya turned to you.

“Do you know sometimes I’m the one who be his driver when Myungsoo can’t pick her up when she’s in college? We did have meals together when Myungsoo can’t pick her early, but I don’t know when it started – it just happened. I want her to be happy at first but then I realise that I want to one who make her happy, Sooyeon.” He mumbled. “I’m sure she felt the same thing – I mean, we texted each other a lot, went out together and it just perfect – to be together. But I don’t know.”

“So you’re saying that you guys in some relationship, right now?”

Hoya laughed at that. “Uh-huh.” He blushed.

“And you kept it secret from us? From me? I thought I was your best friend!”

“Well, you keep your relationship with Myungsoo as secret too before.” He shot back.

You sighed in defeat. “Meanie.”

Hoya laughed. “But thanks, Sooyeon. I thought I will die in frustration because if I kept this feeling alone.” He said a moment later.

“I’m your best friend, remember?” You smiled. “So what you’re going to do?”

“I don’t know.” Hoya sighed. “Do you think Myungsoo will cut off friendship if he knew I have a thing for her sister?”

You laughed. “He might be in shock, but I don’t think he will do that. He might hide Mirae from you, though.”

Hoya gasped in horror. “Sooyeon!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter