030

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty ;;

You closed the book and quickly cleared up your study table before closed the lights and walked to your empty bed. You sit on the side of the bed and glanced at Minhee’s basket on the floor. You moved the basket from the living room to your room so that you won’t be so lonely. The cat was curling in his basket – sleeping. You bend down and softly caressed the cat. Minhee was in fever again. He was not active as it should be – lethargy. He keeps coughing all the way. Minhee even loss of appetite and its weight. You mentally noted to bring him to the veterinary on the next weekend because you yourself were practically busy with upcoming final exam which is in the next two weeks.

Sighing softly, you lay on the bed on your side and stared at the empty spot.

Myungsoo’s spot.

“Tell me one secret.”

You glanced at Myungsoo as you're preparing yourself to sleep. “What secret?”

“Anything.” Myungsoo smiled softly as he fixed the comfortable around his body. “Just tell me.”

You turned and lay on your side before stared at him. “Why should I tell you my secret?”

“Aeyy.” Myungsoo glared at you. “I’m your husband, there’s should be no secret between us.”

You blushed. “Um, right.”

Myungsoo poked your arm. “Hurry up.”

You took a good second before said, “Female loves roses the most, right? The said roses are beautiful and symbol of loves. But I love baby breaths. The flowers calm me down a lot. They were pretty.”

Myungsoo hummed as he stared at you with the small smile of his. His dimple formed cutely at that.

You stared at Myungsoo, frowning. “What? Do you know about that already?”

Myungsoo shook his head. “Of course not.” He let out a small chuckle. “How would I know about that – it’s not that I’m your stalker right?”

You squinted your eyes at him. “But it’s look like you already know about that? It was written all over your face.” You pouted. You knew the expression –he act that he don’t know but actually he already knew that face. The way he laughed like he could fool you.

Myungsoo’s laugh faded. “So what with flowers secret? You want me to buy you baby breaths hm sweetheart?” He raised his brow teasingly.

You glared at him despite your cheeks getting warmer. “Yah, you’re the one who asked me about my secret, stupid.” You started to hit his arm a few times when you heard his laugh again. You don’t have any intention to ask him to buy flowers for you.

And the next morning you get a bouquet of fresh baby breaths in your locker at the school with a small card wrote ‘Hi sweetheart.’

You wiped your tears that silently flowed over your cheek.

“You’re going to be alright, Sooyeon.” You whispered and closed your eyes – hoping that the night dreams might wash your feelings away.

 

 

Myungsoo can feel somebody moving restlessly on the bed. Sighing, he opened his eye to peek. “Sooyeon?” He mumbled.

You looked at him. “Um, Myungsoo? Did I woke you up?”

Myungsoo closed his eyes back. “Sleep.” He muttered as he pulled you closer.

“But Myungsoo –“ He can feel that you’re trying to peel his hands from your waist. “—Mirae’s going to wake up soon and I don’t even prepare the breakfast yet.”

You sighed when Myungsoo’s hug only become more tighter.

“Don’t worry about her. It was Sunday anyway.” Myungsoo mumbled. Myungsoo shivered when he can felt that you’re cupping his left cheek softly before slowly opened his eyes and met your soft gaze.

“Let me go okay? She got tuition class today remember? I’m only going to prepare her breakfast. ”

You looked beautiful even early in the morning not to mention when you begged him.

“I can’t let you go.” He whined.

He can hear you’re sighing. “Myungsoo, please?” He can felt you softly rubbed his arm that curled on your waist. “I promise it won’t take long hm?”

Defeated by your soft touches, Myungsoo slowly retreated his hands from you. He untangled his legs from your legs and woke up. He messed his hair a bit and glanced at you who still laying on the bed while looking at him.

“I’ll miss you.” He pouted and you laughed.

“I’m just in the kitchen, stupid.”

 

“SOOYEON!”

Myungsoo’s eyes widen opened. He took a few deep breaths before looking at his surroundings. Four poster king sized bed and blue grey theme room – his room in the Kims’ mansion -- not your room. Myungsoo sighed and clenched his shirt at the heart location before he muffled some sobs.

I miss you Sooyeon.

 

 

“Why you moved here, Naeun?”

The library was quiet as usual. It was raining heavily outside but you don’t really feel the cold maybe because of these stupid Physics questions. You glanced at Naeun who’s sit opposite of you – both of you were currently busy studying for the final exam.

Naeun glanced at you before continued writing on her test pad paper. “Moved here what?”

You stared at Naeun. It only two weeks since both of you started to become friends, but Naeun’s personality make you feel comfortable around the girl like you’d been knew her for years.

“Moved back to Korea.” You stated.

Naeun looked up. “Oh, so you must heard then, that I lived at Singapore for the past five years?”

You bit your lower lip – an attempt to lie. “I heard ..rumours.”

Naeun nodded. “I’m back because of my Grandma.” She spoke very slowly as if she’s trying to choose wise words.

You saw how her expression turned sad before you quickly said, “I don’t mean to make you sad – I just .. Madam Kim was a great person.”

You only met Grandma twice in her conscious state but you can tell that Grandma was really a great person. The way she smiled and patted your hand when you’re trying your wedding gown, the way she cried of happiness when you and Myungsoo said the vows and the way she greeted people even she’s not in her best state on your wedding day make you feel grateful for knowing such a humble person like Grandma.

 “I know. But sometimes, I..don’t understand her.” Naeun smiled faded.

You frowned. “Understand what?”

Naeun’s lips moved but nothing escaped from her lips. “It just .. some personal things. Kim’s secret. Sorry.” Naeun smiled apologetically.

Your heart clenched in pain when she said Kims’ secret. I am a Kim too, you thought.

Am I?

You quickly brushed it off. “Nah, I understand.”

You continued back doing your physics exercises in silence until Naeun’s break the silence.

“I noticed that your best friend not fond of me.” She quietly said.

You glanced at her. “You mean .. Jiyeon?”

Naeun hummed.

You laughed awkwardly. Jiyeon did say to you that she didn’t like you spending your recess time in the library with Naeun. But you said that studying in library with Naeun is much better than looking at Myungsoo’s face. Jiyeon at the end surrendered anyway. “She’s a type not really fond of new people.” You replied.

Naeun pouted, nodding. “I would like to be friend with her.”

You smiled softly. “I sure Jiyeon will be open up soon.”

Naeun smiled. “Sooyeon, can I ask you something?”

You caught off guard. “A-ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter