epilogue i

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is definitely better ;;

 

“Do you really need to go?”

Naeun laughed. “Myungsoo, we already here.” She waved her passport and airplane tickets in front of him. Myungsoo sighed as he glanced around the busy airport. “Of course, I need to go. Plus I won’t be long. I’ll just manage a few things and come back.”

“But it might takes months.” Myungsoo whined.

Naeun smiled softly. “I will call you, okay?”

“You’re here with me for the past years, you know. Now, it’s going to be different – you’re not going to be in your office anymore and I don’t know, it’s going to feel weird.” Myungsoo shrugged weakly.

Naeun cupped Myungsoo’s cheek softly. “I’m coming back, dear cousin. And I’m coming back when Sooyeon’s giving birth. Just give me a call.”

“Promise?”

"Promise." Naeun’s smile widened. “I’m still going to be the baby’s aunty, right? Even though we’re not blood related?”

“My baby is going to know you as her or his aunty, really. I’m sure Sooyeon don’t even care about that much.”

“Glad to hear then.” Just then, there’s an announcement about a flight to Beijing that cut the conversation off and slowly, Naeun pulled down her hand. “That’s my cue, Myungsoo. I got to go. Thank you for sending me all the way to the airport, boss. I’m honored.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes before pulled Naeun into a hug. He took a deep breath. “I’m going to miss you.”

Naeun smiled softly and weakly but Myungsoo didn’t see that. Myungsoo never see her as her before. “Me too, buddy. Me too.”

Naeun closed her eyes and inhaled Myungsoo’s faint musk cologne before she slowly broke the hug with a fake smile. “Send my regards to your family, okay?”

Myungsoo nodded with a smile. “Take care, Naeun-ah.”

Naeun grinned – slow and wide -- and wave lightly before she took a step back and another before she turned and walked to the departure gates. Myungsoo stand there, hands in pockets and watched until Naeun passed the security check and walked away without another glance.

Maybe – for once – this is the right decision and hopefully, the happy ending for her will arrive soon.

 

 

“Why you don’t want to buy them? It’s cute.” Jiyeon whined and you laughed.

“I don’t know the gender yet.”

“WHAT? You’re going to your fifth months and you don’t even know the gender yet?” Jiyeon’s eyes were big as saucers. “Are you serious?”

You put down a pair of baby shoes back into its rack. “We both were busy, Jiyeon.”

“I can’t believe it! The ultrasound scanning don’t even take an hour, Sooyeon.” She hissed.

You quickly pushed the trolley and Jiyeon trailed behind you. “You knew how crazy Myungsoo was when he’s working, Jiyeon.” You glanced at your best friend. “And we are here to shop your groceries, not buying my baby’s stuff.”

“Oh my god, but Sooyeon –“

“Myungsoo promised we will go and see a doctor once he’s finished his project.” You quickly defended yourself. You knew how good Jiyeon was when it came to talking.

Jiyeon pinched the bridge of her nose. “I still can’t believe you guys literally have no time for that. That was one of the wonderful things being pregnant, Sooyeon. You need to go to doctor. Let me accompany you after this.”

“I know I know. Of course I want to know the gender of the baby, but what important know is to know it together with Myungsoo.”

Jiyeon shot you a disgust look. “You guys are a sap. Ew.”

You laughed. “Enough talking about me. How about you?”

“What about me?” Jiyeon raised her eyebrows staring at you.

“Don’t you think it’s a good time to have a second child?” You teased.

Jiyeon gasped loudly. “What the hell, Sooyeon. My daughter is not even one year old. Give me a break. If I knew Sunggyu oppa is a lazy bump, I would not marry him. I stay up every single nights and he’s snoring while our daughter’s bawling. I might went crazy if I had another one. I might be a crazy mom.”

You laughed lightly when you heard Jiyeon’s non-stop complains. Jiyeon acted like she’s giving up, but you know deep down – that she loved her husband and their daughter so much that Jiyeon might sacrifices everything for them.

Tsk, being a crazy mom my .

 

 

“I still can’t wrap the idea that you two are dating -- not to mention behind my back – like for what? One year --”

“It’s not even two months, oppa. Don’t be a drama queen.” Mirae cut in.

Myungsoo glared at her and Mirae quickly pouted. Hoya chuckled lightly at this but then cleared his throat awkwardly when Myungsoo glared at him next.

“Do not cut me off, Mirae.” Myungsoo sighed. “I can’t believe you guys dated only that long and want to engage already?”

“Engagement is a good way to start, Myungsoo. Nothing’s wrong with that.” Mrs Kim said and Mr Kim nodded. “Why you seems to protest their relationship though?”

“I’m not protesting, dad –“

You shot him a look. “Was it because Hoya oppa? He’s a nice guy and you knew him inside out.”

Hoya shot a grateful grin at you and Myungsoo quickly rolled his eyes at the interaction. He knew Hoya inside out, yes. He’s a nice guy with lame jokes and he’s sure Hoya’s behaviors will suit Mirae’s independent life style well. But right now they are not sitting in the Kims’ living room as friends, they are sitting here as possible future in-laws.

It does put him in awkward position.

“No. Of course not because of you, hyung but –“

“Aw, Myungsoo just loves Mirae so much he can’t give her away that easily.” Mrs Kim cooed.

Myungsoo rolled his eyes (for the nth times, really) at that and Mirae faked a vomit gag. “Well, I’m 21 right now and definitely oppa doesn’t loves me so much that he can’t give me way that easily.” She mimicked her mom’s words.

They laughed at her words except her own brother.

Myungsoo took a deep breath and pinched his nose bridge.

“Are you sure you want to engage, Mirae?”

Mirae glanced at Hoya – both of them stared at each other with so much loves – and the said girl blushed before nodded.

“You don’t ask Hoya oppa though, Soo?” You asked.

Myungsoo glared at you. “If I ask him, sweetheart, I’m sure Hoya hyung was way too prepared even for a marriage.” He sarcastically said and everybody laughed while Hoya blushed.

Myungsoo turned back his attention to his sister. “You are only twenty one years old. Are you really, really sure want to have this engagement?”

You annoyed at his questions so you lightly slapped his thigh and sighed. “What’s wrong being a fiancé at 21 years old, really?”

“But she’s only twenty one years old!” Myungsoo glared at you.

You let out a sigh. “It just an engagement –“

“But she are sooooo young!”

“Age doesn’t matter, Soo.”

“Still, she’s just finished her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter