027

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Seven ;;

Myungsoo didn’t notice what’s on his mind until you softly called for him.

“Myungsoo?”

He looked up and blinked. His eyes were glossy red. You took a seat beside him and handed him a cup of coffee. He quietly muttered a small thank you as he accepted the small cup. Your condition is not better than him but he’s worse.

“Don’t worry, Grandma will be alright.” You glanced at Mirae who’s standing at the door before turning back your gaze to Myungsoo. He’s just stared at the dark colour of the liquid absent mindly.

You sighed. “Myungsoo?”

“Grandma ..she won’t leave me, right?” His voice was croaked.

You bits your lower lip for the nth time, trying hard to hold tears from rolling down onto your cheeks. The doctors just declared that Granmda having cardiac arrest for two times and she barely survived the second one with the medical help.

“Pray for the best.”

That was what the doctors said. You knew chance for Grandma to live was really low. But you can’t tell Myungsoo that because it broke your heart so much when you saw Myungsoo lifeless like this. You swallowed hard.

His eyes still glued on his coffee. “Grandma promised me she’ll be healthy once we are married.” Myungsoo whispered.

You turned away from him and silently wiped your tears away.

Mirae noticed your action and broke into tears once again. For a moment, the hospital hallways were filled with sobs.

You want to hug Myungsoo and tell him that everything was okay, but you knew you couldn’t. You want to say that Grandma will be healthy to look over your marriage but you couldn’t say so when Grandma’s condition was totally opposite.

You’re afraid for Myungsoo.

You don’t want to crumble Myungsoo’s confidence with the sound of your cry. You need to be strong for him so that he can depend on you. Thus you closed your eyes and prayed for Grandma’s well-being once again even though your lips shivered and your tears rolled down smoothly.

Until you felt Myungsoo’s hand on your shoulders – so that you turned to him properly – and pulled you into hug. You hides your face on his chest, crying.

“Hey, it’s okay.” He whispered.

From his voice, you knew – he was trying hard not to cry too.

You should be the one who console and assured him but opposite things happened. Guilty hit you. “I-I’m sorry.” You sobbed.

“I prayed that she’ll be okay. And she’ll be.”

You shut your eyes once again. “She will be okay.”

You shared each other warmth and support until a group of medical stuff rushed to Grandma’s ICU room. That was when Myungsoo broke the hug and stood up right away, looking alarmed.

Mr Kim gasped. “W-what happened, nurse?” He grabbed one of the nurses.

He glanced at him apologetically. “Madam Kim was in her third cardiac arrest, sir.” The male nurse bowed before pushing the door opened and slipped in. Your ears caught a few gasped and shouting before the door closed again.

Mirae sobs clearly heard before Mrs Kim hugged her only daughter. Your lips shivered before you looked down and letting your hair covered your crying face. Mr Kim rubbed his face sadly as he muttered some prayer.

“Grandma will survive right, dad?” Myungsoo whispered once the ICU room light turned red once again.

Mr Kim turned to Myungsoo. They shared a gaze and before you know it, Myungsoo’s leaned in and hug his father tight – broke into another silent sobs.

The door swung opened weakly after a moment.

“Mr Kim.” Dr Jung --the one who in charge for Grandma’s health – his lips before patting Myungsoo’s left shoulder softly. His eyes glassy and sad, however as a doctor, he already tried his best and it was his job to inform the family.

“It was 23.11 pm, Mr Kim. My condolences with all of you, I’m sorry.” He bowed.

You can hear Mirae’s tears in agony and on sad Mrs Kim sobbed. But for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter