022

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-two ;;

"Sooyeon, can you please bring this kimbap into the dining table?"

You turned to your mother in law and nodded. "Sure mom."

"We all set then." Mrs Kim passed you the plate. "Thank you, dear."

You smiled and carried the plate out from the kitchen and brought it straight away to the dining table. Mr Kim already sits at the head of the table while Mirae was placing glasses and utensils on the table.

Mrs Kim arrived with a jar of juice a second later.

You glanced at Mirae. "Where's your oppa?"

Mirae looked up. "He's -"

"I'm here."

You turned and saw Myungsoo walking out from her Grandma's room, closing the door behind. “Missing me much?”

You rolled your eyes.

"Come Myungsoo, dear. Let's have breakfast together." Mrs Kim smiled brightly at you two and Myungsoo grinned.

But his grin faded right away once he saw you. Myungsoo was frowning at first as he stared at you in his way to the table.

What the hell was she's wearing?!

He looked around and searched for something but ended up found nothing and sighed. Mrs Kim naturally took a sit at the right side of Mr Kim and Mirae automatically sit beside her. You sit opposite of Mirae which mean on your left side was Myungsoo's spot.

Myungsoo quietly sit beside you.

"Myungsoo, what happened?"

Myungsoo looked up. "Eoh?"

Mr Kim frowned. "You looked uncomfortable. Is there anything wrong?"

You glanced at him.

"Nothing dad, I'm fine." Myungsoo smiled and instantly that dimple of him sends a wave of happiness to his parents.

"You don't like the foods?" Mrs Kim asked.

Myungsoo shakes his head cutely. "No mom. This is heaven. I miss these kimbap of yours." He whined.

Mr Kim shakes his head while Mirae snorted at her brother as Mrs Kim let out small giggles as she put kimbaps into Myungsoo's plate.

"You're nineteen, oppa. Stop whining duhh."

Mrs kim grinned. "It's okay Mirae." Myungsoo stuck his tongue to his little sister before putting two kimbap straight into his mouth. "It was better this way - at least he's eating, not like yesterday." Mrs Kim continued as she glanced at Myungsoo.

The male choked. "Mom!"

You hurriedly passed him a glass of juice despite your cheeks start to warm up.

Mr Kim laughed. "Right. You're not eating anything yesterday, aren't you Myungsoo?"

Mrs Kim nodded. "I heard from Mrs Lee this morning saying that you ate --at last-- last night thanks to your dearest wife there." She grinned.

Your face reddened.

"Mom." Myungsoo whined. His ears were red. "This is not fair."

Mirae shot him a disgusted looks. "You're whining again."

His parents let out a small laugh.

You smiled at the interaction. You loves it when you saw Mrs Kim always keep adding kimbap onto Mirae's plate, on how Mr Kim pouted when Mrs Kim asked him to drink plain water instead of juice or coffee, and on how Myungsoo whined at his parent when every time Mirae bluntly comment on his way of eating.

That was when you realized that you missed your family. Your mom and dad. You let out a small sigh as you stared at your own plate that full of kimbap and omelette. Omelette with beans was your father's favorite breakfast while your mom loves toast with peanut butter spread. A lump in your throat make you shifted uncomfortably on the chair.

"Sooyeon, what's wrong?" Myungsoo glanced at you.

You looked up, clearing your throat. "Eoh?"

"Are you alright?" He frowned. '"You looked like you're holding te-"

"I'm fine." You smiled and looked away from him. But you met with Mrs Kim's stare instead.

Her motherly gaze was soft and loving making your eyes teary again.

You take a deep breath. "Don't worry about me." You let out small giggled brushing off any suspicious away from you.

"Myungsoo, why don't you accompany Sooyeon, have looks around later on. I'm sure my lovely daughter in law didn't get a proper tour of our house." Mr Kim grinned.

Hearing such endearment from Mr Kim, your cheeks warmed up once again. You shook your head immediately. "No need to do so, dad." You sure that Myungsoo want to look over her grandma again today.

"Why, you should unnie. I bet you never put your foot on the second floor." Mirae smiled.

Mrs Kim pouted. "You should see my garden too. My roses are blooming so well right now."

You smiled. "But -"

“You don’t want to have a tour with me?” Myungsoo glanced at you, a small pouted formed on his face.

You clicked your tongue. “No. I’m –Sure, a tour.” You smiled in defeat. You looked at the male’s picking his kimbap rolls.

But then the kimbap didn’t enter his mouth right away –it was hanging in the air as he turned to you. "What?"

You blinked. "What?" You asked him back.

"You're staring."

You blinked before pulled away. Actually, you’re trying to find any of his expression that he might say something like ‘I can’t leave Grandma’s side’, ‘I want to stay with Grandma instead of her’,‘I don’t want to be her tour guide’ or ‘She doesn’t need a tour’. You mean, Grandma was his priority right? But you found nothing. “Nothing.”

"Don't worry about grandma. Mom and dad will bring her to the hospital today for medical checkup. We didn’t have anything to do anyway." Myungsoo flicked your forehead.

You shot him a look. You cry badly that night though.

“I’m not that crybaby so don’t have stupid thought. ”

You blinked. Myungsoo did his mind-reading again, you thought. “Sure sure, whatever.” You scooped down your omelette.

“Did you saw that, yeobo? These kids have telepathy.” Mrs Kim gasped. “I mean, my son did that oh my god.”

Mirae grinned. “They did a lot back then in Sooyeon unnie house.”

You blushed when the three Kims staring at both of you.

“Can I see that again?” Mrs Kim whined.

 

 

 

“I never knew your mother loves to draw.” You stared at a black and white sketch that was nailed onto the wall.

This Kim Mansion surely has everything. There were two main living room at the ground floor with an elegant dining room and two kitchen –main kitchen where all the foods being made and another kitchen probably just for staring and aweing. There was a landscape park outdoor with a small greenhouse where Mrs Kim put all loves to her flowers. Myungsoo said that her mom has weird obsession of flowers.

“Mom will plant these flowers according her trend. This month she might want to keep these rose. Maybe next month she will go for red tulips or something.”

The first floor is where all the bedrooms should be, of course except Grandma’s. The third floor have a big library that have old books scent that you loves with Mr Kim’s study room opposite of it. And there was a much smaller ‘entertainment room with big speakers’ –Myungsoo said. Somehow that room reminded you of Sungyeol’s cinema, but a mini version of it.

And right now you and Myungsoo was standing inside of Mrs Kim’s art room where she spent her time drawing and colouring.

“I know my mom was weird but please believe me, all drawings here were my mom’s art.” He let out a small chuckle.

You glanced at him with a smile. “Never thought that you got art blood in your veins, Mr Kim.” You knew that Mirae participated in drama competitions at her school a lot seeing her photos and scripts. And now, Mrs Kim with her drawing.

Myungsoo smirked as both of you walked from the pastel oil smell room. “Aren’t you underestimated me, Mrs Kim?”

You halted at your steps. Mrs Kim?

Myungsoo grinned. “Don’t tell me you’re not – omoo, you’re blushing!“  He laughed.

You slapped his arm. “What’s so funny?” You hissed when Myungsoo laugh become louder.

Myungsoo put his left arm around your shoulder. “Nothing.  You’re cute when blushing.”

You elb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter