004

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

 

You walked into the living room a moment later with a big smile as Mirae was waving her hands eagerly at you. The girl already sat on the leather couch with Minhee on her lap. There were two medium-sized luggage next to the couch, probably Mirae’s stuff for a week.

“Sooyeon eonnie!” she chirped at you cheerfully.

You grinned at her. “Hi, Mirae.”

“How can you look so pretty even in casual and simple clothes eonnie?” she pouted as you took a seat on the couch. Small giggles escaped your lips, followed by a small ‘thank you and you too’. You were still wearing the dress you were wearing at the supermarket though─summer peach dress and white cardigan.

A second later, Myungsoo walked to the both of you with a tray in his hands. He put the tray down on the coffee table and you mentally face palmed yourself.

On the tray, there were only a carton of orange juice and three glasses. You somehow didn't like what you saw.

“You served your own sister a carton of juice?” you hissed at him as soon as he took his place beside you.

“What? We only have that juice and milk in the freezer.  You want me to serve Mirae milk?” he whispered back.

You sighed. “At least you can ask me to make something for your sister, Myungsoo. Not that instant juice,” you told him. Your aunt always told you to serve your guest properly even when you are dying.

“Mirae won’t mind it,” Myungsoo, still being the arrogant one with the undefeated level of ego, said.

“What are you guys whispering?” Mirae raised her eyebrows.

“Eoh?” you abruptly turned to her. “Nothing.”

“Nothing. Just your sister in law trying to be all sweet,” Myungsoo lied, grinning sheepishly.

You threw a sharp glare at him before pulled a smile in front of Mirae. “I should change this. Wait a minute okay?” you leaned in to reach the tray on the coffee table but Mirae stopped you in no time.

“No, eonnie. This is fine,” she said, giving you a smile.

You exchanged glances with Myungsoo. He grinned and you rolled your eyes.

“I want to thank you, eonnie, for letting me stay here.”

You shook your head lightly, blushing slightly. “You don’t need to do that. I mean, we are family,” you replied her as you poured the juice into the glasses. “It must be boring staying alone in the house.”

Mirae nodded sadly. “Eomma and appa are still in Singapore with grandma. And Myungsoo oppa is here. It’s more than lonely.”

You smiled. “You know, you’re welcome here anytime.”

“You’re nice, eonnie. No wonder Myungsoo oppa fell for you.”

You raised your brow at her remarks.

“What the heck are you saying, you punk,” Myungsoo hissed as he glared at his sister. He muttered something like you-are-dead-Mirae-if-she-heard-you. Thank god your position was between himself and Mirae, or else he had already jumped at her sister to shut her up.

Mirae let out a small giggle as she teased his brother while you were still in your confusion since the two siblings were having eye contact.

You pouted slightly as a protest since you were being ignored.

Myungsoo noticed it right away. Heck, he always noticed you. He cleared his throat before picking up his glass and gulped the juice in one shot. You caught Mirae giving him a teasing smile before she picked her own glass.

Is there anything that they’re keeping away from me?

Myungsoo poked your arm, disturbing your train of thoughts. “Why don’t you show Mirae her room?”

“Ah right,” you agreed, turning to Mirae. “Come.”

The both of you stood up and walked through the hallways before you stopped in front of ‘Mirae’s’ room while Myungsoo was following behind with his sister’s luggage.

You opened the door and let Mirae step in first. “The room might be smaller than yours in your house, Mirae. But I hope you enjoy your stay here.”

Mirae let out a small giggle. “What are you talking, eonnie? This room is comfy,” she said honestly before her forehead wrinkled. “Wait. Doesn’t this smell like oppa’s scent?” her nose squinted up. “Oppa’s things are here as well,” she pointed at Myungsoo’s books and backpack on the table.

Ah, snap! You and Myungsoo exchanged glances. “T-the wardrobe in my room is packed with my stuff so Myungsoo put some of his belongings here,” you lied. Your stuttering was almost visible but you managed to cover it up. You were fidgeting on your feet but luckily Mirae wasn’t looking at you.

“I put all of my books here so that they won’t be mixed with Sooyeon’s one,” Myungsoo added, still lying but he never sounded like a liar. His lying skill was perfect if it was compared to yours.

Mirae nodded. “Alright, then. Let’s unpack.”

The both of you let out a sigh of relief.

 

 

The dinner was awesome. Mirae and you had fun while preparing dinner in the kitchen just now as the both of you exchanged a lot of interest and gossips. You found out that Mirae actually was not that close to her Grandma compared to her brother but still, her love for the old woman was infinity. Her grandma cherished her brother a lot, a little too much than how she cherished Mirae.

“It’s okay, eonnie. I tell you this not for pity,” she said with a faint smile.

You just couldn’t understand how Mirae managed to survive without her grandma’s attention. It must be hard for her, having such busy parents and a not-so-close-to-her grandma.

“Eonnie, I need to take my bath.”

You looked at her and nodded. “Sure,” you spoke. Mirae had to help you with cleaning the table and all, totally opposite from her brother (you know who) who just simply walked to your bedroom after finishing his dinner.

Mirae smiled and walked out of the kitchen and bumped into Myungsoo in the hallways. She slapped Myungsoo’s arm and ran away right after.

“Aish that girl,” he mumbled under his breath, groaning.

You turned off the tap and wiped your hands dry. Your forehead wrinkled when you felt something discomforting in your lower stomach, forcing you to bite your lower lip as you leaned your back onto the countertop as a support.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?”

You looked up and met Myungsoo’s eyes. You shook your head lightly. “I’m fine.”

Myungsoo just stood there, watching your expression. “Sure?”

You nodded your head. “It’s just─” you didn’t finish your words when something hit you.

Your PMS date was late.

“Just what?” he asked.

“Err nothing,” you lied, walking past him and heading straight to the bathroom. Once you were sure that the door was locked, you checked your underwear right away.

“,” you cursed under your breath.

You squinted down and opened the lower drawer─the usual place you would put your pads. Your eyes widened when what you needed the most at that time was not inside there.

“Where are my pads?”

Your hands started roaming around. After that, you closed the drawer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter