023

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Three;;

You stole a glance at your husband figure that was busy choosing CD from the racks.  Both of you just finished your lunch just now and retreated to his room. He said it the best thing to kill the time is by watching movie and here you are, hugging your knees on the sofa while waiting for him.

“Would you like to watch horror or action?”

“Who on earth watch horror on daylight, Myungsoo?” You mumbled.

He smiled sheepishly at you before continuing his search. “Right.”

You stared at his profile intently.

When did he take those photos?

Judging from the date, it must be around your second year.

But then, why?

And there were damn a lot of photos to be honest.

Your cheeks turned red immediately.

“Have you ever watch Bourne?”

You blinked. “Eoh?”

Myungsoo stared at you. “Bourne, Sooyeon. Have you watched it yet? One of the best movies series ever.” He glanced at the CD for a second and stared back at you.

“I never watch it before.”

Myungsoo tilted his head. “Is it something on your mind?”

Both of you stared at each other quietly before you broke away the contact, blushing. “Nothing.”

Myungsoo grinned as he rubbed his nape before putting in the CD into the CD player. “If you’re curious about something, you better ask me right away.” He took the remote before flopped next to you.

You blinked at him. “You think I have something on my mind?”

Myungsoo glanced at you before he pressed something on the remote. “I can read your mind, remember?”

You pouted. “Kids will laugh if they heard you, you know?”

“No, seriously. I really -- really -- can read you.” He grinned. “So, tell me is there something wrong?”

You glanced at the LCD Screen TV as the movie started playing. “I –“

“You still mad at me?”

You turned to him straight away. “W-what?”

“Do you still mad at me because of last week?” You saw sadness in his eyes.

And you shook your head immediately. “No, Myungsoo please. Can you promised me, do not talk about that again?”

“That was not on your mind right now?”

“God! No Myungsoo. Stop thinking like that.”

He grinned almost immediately. “So you’re not mad at me anymore?”

You shook your head. “No.”

“Can I scoot closer then?”

 You blushed at his request but you nodded. “Sure.”

He scooted closer until your shoulder bumped into each other. His scent was all over you. You wondered if Myungsoo knew that he have this special effect on you. “What was on your mind then?” He asked.

You stared at the TV for a moment, trying to form a suitable sentence. Should I ask about his ideal type? Should I ask if I was one of them? You bit your lower lip. Aish. “Have you ever fell in love before, Myungsoo?”

Your eyes widened once those words escaped from your lips.

Myungsoo’s eyes widened. “Why? You fall in love with somebody? Who is he? Is he that handsome? Rich? Oh my god, don’t tell me – Suho?”

You let out a small giggle as you slapped his arm. That was not the response that you’re expecting. “What the hell you spurted out, Myungsoo? I’m just asking.”

Myungsoo hold your shoulder as he stared into your eyes. “You like Suho, aren’t you?”

You stared at him softly. “I like him.” You nodded.

Myungsoo pulled his hand slowly. His eyes wavered and looked down. “I –“

“But it doesn’t mean I love him, Myungsoo.” You smiled as he looked back at you.

“You don’t love him?”

You love how Myungsoo curled his lips into a wonderful smile.

You shook your head. “Nope. Absolutely not.” You grinned as Myungsoo’s smile widened. “He’s not my type. I think I told you this already.”

Myungsoo pulled you into hug straight away. “Oh my god, you shouldn’t say something like that, Sooyeon. You scared me to bits.”

You smiled before the reality hit on you. Myungsoo was hugging me. “You --should know how scared am I, I-I can’t imagine—you and him –oh.” Myungsoo started to spout nonsense again while you’re melting into his hug. “Thank you for not loving him, Sooyeon-ah.”

Do you like me, Myungsoo?

Or is it me and my hallucination?

The door was suddenly swung open.

“Surprise Myungsoo hyung—OH MY GOD!”

“WHAT THE HELL?!”

 “SOOYEON?!”

“What’s happening here?”

“Oh.”

“Oh.”

 

 

You carefully put the tray on the table as you noticed all the six pair of eyes watching you intently. You looked up and all of them looked around straight away, everything except you. Myungsoo who noticed all his best friends’ doing, smiled softly before he patted the spot next to him. You sighed softly and sit beside him.

“So Sooyeon was here already.” Sungyeol cleared his throat.

You glanced at Myungsoo, confused.

“I said to them that I will explain every single thing once you’re here.” Myungsoo smiled again, showing off his dimple.

Your cheeks reddened immediately before you threw your gaze back to all Infinite members. “Please, have a glass of juice.” You offered them awkwardly.

The six of them took a glass each and have a single shot straight away, earning a chuckle from your dear husband. You glanced at him.

“Don’t worry.” His hand searched for yours and intertwined your fingers together. “Maybe this is the day.”

You hummed. The day where his best friends will know the truth.

Hoya cleared up his throat, breaking your eyes contact. “Guys?”

“We have something to tell all of you.” Myungsoo smiled softly as you stared at him before nodded slightly.

“Yeah, you better tell us why Sooyeon was in your room for the god’s sake especially when your parents are not around.” Sunggyu mumbled.

You blushed.

“Actually –“

“Would you want to refill your glass, Woohyun oppa?” You cut Myungsoo’s words off, trying to cover your nervous.

Woohyun was starled with the sudden question but he nodded right away. “Uh, sure.”

You smiled gratefully at him and carefully refill his glass.

Sungjong glanced at you before stared back at Myungsoo. “Hyung?”

Myungsoo bit his lower lip, trying hard not to smile. He can’t believe that today is the day he will confess to his best friends that he had a wife – his four years crush even. He blinked as he noticed you’re staring at him, looking all nervous and anxious.

He mouthed ‘don’t worry, I got this.’

And you rolled eyes at him.

“We have something to tell all of you.” Myungsoo breathed.

“You already said that.” Dongwoo pointed up. It’s weird to see the hyper Dongwoo giving his full attention to the both of you.

You can hear Woohyun sighed at Dongwoo words before picking his glass up.

You shared another gaze with Myungsoo and nodded.

“Sooyeon and I –we are married for almost three months.”

“Puhhhhh.” Woohyun sprayed his juice to the person who sit opposite of him, the unfortunate Sungjong.

“HYUNG!”

The others were laughing hard.

Even Dongwoo was rolling on the carpet.

You and Myungsoo were frowning.

Sungjong took a tissue and wiped his face. “Stupid, Woohyun hyung.” He mumbled.

Woohyun also took a tissue. “Yah, don’t blame me. It was Myungsoo who making up stupid joke like that. Aish.”

Myungsoo shook his head as he glanced at Sungyeol –the one who’s wiping his tears away. “Hyung, I don’t make a joke.”

Sunggu glanced at you and bowed. “I’m sorry behalf on Myungsoo. This kid was too obsessed.” He pat Myungsoo’s thigh lightly.

Myungsoo shoved his hand away. “Hyung, I’m married. I’m Sooyeon’s husband!”

Hoya let out a small chuckle. “Sooyeon, I’m really sorry about this.” He glared at Myungsoo. “Yah! You can’t do that in front of her, dude.”

Sungyeol wiped his tears away as he stop laughing. “Myungsoo, I knew that you’re his boyfriend but don’t you think husband and wife were crossing the line?”

Myungsoo rubbed his face. “God! No, I’m his husband. We’re ing ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter