038

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Eight ;;

You whined when your aunty pulled the bowl of apples away from you. "Aunty!'

"You really need to stop eating that, Sooyeon. That's for our guess." Your aunt said as she placed the bowl back inside the refrigerator.

"But I bought those apples for me. Not for them." You swing your feet as you're seated on the stool. "You can call the guess and tell them to stop somewhere and buy apples on their way here."

Your aunt glared at you. "Sooyeon --"

"Okay okay, I'm sorry." You grinned sheepishly at your aunt's warning tone. "So who's the guess anyway? Seolhyun unnie’s family? I thought Sehun oppa said he's going to sleepover at Seolhyun unnie's house tonight?"

Your aunt gasped. "He said that?"

You nodded.

"That kid." Your aunt muttered as she rubbed her temple. "He better doesn’t have early . ("Aunty!" You laughed) Their ceremony is in a month. Let's pray it’s really a sleepover."

You are still laughing. "He's almost thirty, aunty. Let he do what he want."

Your aunt sighed as she wiped her wet hands on the cloth. "Thirty or not, he can’t have ."

"Poor oppa."You shrugged.

"We can't pity on Sehun, Sooyeon. That son of mine had been whipped lately. So how’s your foot anyway?" Your aunt asked.

You glanced down at your foot and sighed weakly. "Better."

"Don't forget to change the bandage before you sleep, eoh? Put some oil too."

You grinned. Once a nurse, forever a nurse. "Sureeee."

The bell rang.

Both of you looked up. "The guesses are here."

You jumped down the stool carefully. "Let me get the door."

"It's alright, Sooyeon." Your uncle popped out from nowhere. "I'll get the door." He walked to the main door while you and your aunty followed from behind.

"Sooyeon unnie!" There's a whoosh of wind and in the next second, you were pulled into bone-crush hug.

"M-mirae?"

Mirae grinned as she broke the hug. "Omooooo unnie, I missed you." She exclaimed. "It's been so long from the last time I saw you !”

You let out small giggles at her fast speech. "Well well, you grown up a lot hm?" You grinned as you stated at Mirae. She's no longer 14 years old girl the one who whined a lot for foods and dramas but right now standing in front of you was the 21 years old Mirae, her face layered with thin make up and she's definitely a good example of puberty hit like a truck.

You looked up as your uncle and your aunty greeted the Kims at the door with a small smile. That before you darted to the door where Myungsoo just entered and like magnet, his gaze met you straight away.

He let out a small smile which highlighted his dimple and you looked away immediately as the blood rushed to your face.

"Sooyeon, I heard that you sprain your ankle yesterday." Mrs Kim looked at you with a concern frowned. "How's your ankle then?"

You glanced at Myungsoo (and caught him stared at you) before smiled back at the Kims. "It's getting better."

"Myungsoo's fast action was a clever one, I can't be thank you enough." Your aunt smiled at she looked at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo grinned. "I was -", he glanced at you "-happened to be there."

Your aunt smiled widely as she glanced at the both of you.

 

 

Your uncle led the whole family to the dining room straight away.

Everybody took their respective places around the big round marble dining table. From your uncle left was Mr Kim, Mrs Kim, Mirae,  Myungsoo, followed by you and your aunty. You tried to ignore it but you had this suspicious thought that all of them seem to work together to put you and Myungsoo to sit side by side.

But seeing Myungsoo’s natural expressions, you let it slide.

“Woah Mina, you did cook a lot.” Mrs Kim exclaimed as she seated on her place.

Your aunty grinned. “This is the first time our families have the dinner together, of course I would cook a lot.”

You tried to ignore the eyes that glancing at you and Myungsoo.

“Dig in, everyone.” Your uncle nodded.

And the chopsticks’ sounds heard clanging against the rice bowl and the side dishes.

You were putting the grilled meats into your bowl when you noticed Myungsoo’s eyes on the dishes. You are not being a busy body but you can’t help to asked quietly, “Aren’t you going to eat?”

Myungsoo glanced at you as he pouted. “I am.”

You frowned a bit. “Then aren’t you going to choose the dishes?”

Myungsoo glanced at the foods once again.

Sighing, you put down your rice bowl and reached for his. Then, you picked up a few meats and vegetables that Myungsoo eat – he was damn picky about some vegetables – and placed it back in front of him before you took his empty bowl and filled it with kalbi soup.

“Here.” You put the bowl beside his rice bowl and looked up at him. “Dig in, really.”

Myungsoo seems stunned for a second before he smiled slow and wide – his dimples -- and, “Thank you.”

Somebody cleared his/her/their throat.

Your eyes widened. “Y-you’re welcome.”

You slowly darted back to your own rice bowl, noticing that you are putting the side dishes to him.

You are freaking put the side dishes for him without he asking to.

You stared at your foods with rounded eyes.

You can hear somebody giggling secretly – your aunt (you hissed mentally).

“So ..Sooyeon.”

You looked up very slowly before looking at your mother in law. “Yes mom?”

“I heard that you already went to interviews for a few companies.”

That was when you noticed your uncle and Mr Kim was talking something about political issues at the other side of the table.

You nodded. “Ah yes. I did.”

“Aw, you want to work?”

“I told her not to but she insisted, Minjung.” Your aunt added.

“What position that you applied for, unnie?” Mirae tilted her head.

You smiled softly at her question. “I applied as architectural engineer. That’s my expert field.”

“Architectural engineer?”

You turned to your side and you found Myungsoo’s frowning.

“You applied as architectural engineer?” He repeated.

It’s your turn to frown at his tone.

Does he hate it?

I mean – his tone was – that it hits you. He is your husband and he still has power over your choice. He might think that engineering is poor and he probably hate you for works as a plain engineer – because oh well, maybe to him engineering probably low and –

“I never think architectural engineer as a low occupation. Believe me, it’s a good job.” Myungsoo quickly added as if he can sense you uncertainty. “But you never apply at our company?”

Oh.

He did his mind-reading again.

Mrs Kim nodded. “Yeah Sooyeon. Why don’t you apply at the company, I’m sure we have department for architectural engineering.”

You flustered. “I just um, d-don’t want to –“

“You don’t want me to be anywhere around you.” He looked down.

You quickly shook your head. “No t-that’s not what I mean! I mean, I already have my eyes on a few companies so –“

“So, you actually want me to be anywhere near you?” He already looked up with a smirk as he stared at you with his shining eyes.

Damn smirk.

Damn cheeks for blushing too.

You can hear the women laughing.

“Oh oppa.” Mirae grinned.

“By the way, Sooyeon. When will you move to your apartment?”

You glared at your aunt, practically still irritated with Myungsoo’s replied and their laughs. “Are you asking me to walk away from your house politely, aunty?”

 “Of course, not.” Your aunt laughed. “I loved you to be here. But the apartment is yours and it is not nice to ignore the house when you already back, right?”

You sighed.

Your aunt was right.

“If you need help in cleaning, I’m sure I can lend a hand, unnie.” Mirae smiled widely.

“I’m sure Myungsoo will lend his whole body to help you.” Mrs Kim added.

“Mom!” Myungsoo whined.

“I’ll move back but I don’t know when. Perhaps when I already got the job?” You shrugged. “At least I’ll be busy when I already got a job so it would be less lonely.”

“You have Myungsoo, remember. Why would you be lonely?” Your aunt winked. “You have him, he was yours from head to toes – everything.”

“That’s right, unnie.” Mirae laughed at your red face.

Myungsoo placed his hand over his heart with damn pout. “I’m hurt if you really forget about me, really.”

Damn Myungsoo.

 

 

Mirae gave you a quick hug that you replied gladly. “Come and play to our house too, unnie.”

You smiled at her. “Sure, Mirae.” You nodded. “I’ll stop by when I have the chance, yeah?”

“Alright.” Mirae beamed.

“We’ll get going then.” Mr Kim nodded at you and your aunty as he shook your uncle hand.

“Have a safe drive.” Your uncle grinned.

“Thank you for such delicious dinner, Mina, Sooyeon.” Mrs Kim hugged your aunty and you bowed lightly at her after she broke the hug. She then patted your shoulder. “Give a thought on what we discussed earlier eoh?”

You blushed. “Ah okay, mom.”

The woman smiled widened before she nodded at her husband. “Let’s go.”

The three of them waved at you as they walked away before disappeared behind the gates.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter