051

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Fifty One;;

 

“Thank you.”

Both you and Jongin thanked the waitress before the waitress bowed and walked away. You stared at his figure for a moment before pulled back your gaze to the man whose sitting opposite of you and met his eyes. It’s been months since you saw him and Jongin have been different. His beautiful sun-kissed skin still glowing but he dyed his hair darker. His jaw hardened and he gained muscles perfectly. He’s different in good way.

“You looked fine.” Jongin smiled softly.

You took a deep breath before pressed your lips into a small smile. “So do you.”

“I’m glad. You looked like a real mother already – how old is the baby? Three months? Four?”

Your smile widened. “Four months.”

Jongin stared at you. “Congratulations.” There’s a sharp pain inside you when you saw Jongin’s eyes crinkling as he smiled. “I feel proud.”

“Jongin –“

Jongin waved his hand in dismiss. “I don’t want –,” he choked a little, “—to stress you out. I’m here as a friend. Whatever happened between us was past and it will stay that way.”

There’s disappointment and sad in his tone but you understand. Jongin came to surrender, to declare his white flag, to kill his guilt and to restore your friendship.

 “I miss you.” You said softly.

“I miss you too.”

 “You’re my best friend, Jongin. I’m sorry I never been good to you.” You sighed and looked down. Jongin was there for you every single time but you left him as soon as you met Myungsoo.

“Sooyeon, I’m here not to make both of us feel so wrong, okay? You’re happy with your life and I’m going to be happy too, remember?”

You looked up at him and Jongin quickly put his smile on. It’s weak and sad at the same time.

“I just want to say sorry for avoiding you especially on your reception day.” Jongin said weakly. “I admitted I’m a coward. I was so scared of losing you – I don’t know what on earth I’m thinking god. But I guess at the end, I’m the one who should let everything go, isn’t? I want us to be like before. Friends without worries, can we?”

“Jongin –“

“But I’m fine, really.” Jongin cut your words immediately. “You’re right, my stepmom was an amazing woman. I called her mother. She listened to my stories well and she comforted me. She knew you and she wanted to meet you, Sooyeon. I mean, as a friend of course, if Myungsoo allow you to.” Jongin smiled as he looked away. “Mother and I have too much similarity, you know? I felt bad for her when my dad married my mom. But at the end, my mom and mother happy. Both of them have their own happy ending.”

“You will have your own happy ending too, Jongin.”

Jongin looked up at you and grinned. “That’s what mother said to me too.”

“You must like her already.” You said softly and Jongin chuckled lightly.

“I must like her a lot.” He agreed.

You tilted your head lightly. “Things went well between you two?”

Jongin beamed and nodded happily. You can sense the atmosphere was no longer sad – it turned into light and a happy one. “She’s a good cook. Especially Chinese foods! You knew how I can’t eat those oily things but damn, only a fool can ignore her cooking.”

You grinned. “I really need to meet your mom, then.”

Jongin laughed just before the waitress came with the drinks. “You should.”

 

 

 

Myungsoo saw red as soon as he stepped into the café opposite from your office’s building.

No, he saw red when he received a massage from you when you informed him that you’ll be with Jongin while waiting for him. Myungsoo dumped his file and grabbed his coat straight away and a moment later he’s on the road.

Something bubbled up inside him – anger mostly – when he saw you and Jongin laughed together.

Why on earth he’s doing here after a moment of disappearing?

A part of Myungsoo hated him for making you cried when Jongin decided to avoiding her – he still remember you felt guilty all over when Jongin’s leaving) but a part of relief hearing that. So again, why on earth he’s coming back?

Myungsoo closed his eyes and took a deep breath when you and Jongin leaned in across the table to have a look on something from your phone before both of you burst into another wave of laugh. Myungsoo took another deep breath before crossed the café.

“Soyeon.” He called.

You looked up from the phone and beamed happily as soon as you saw him. But as soon as you remembered Jongin’s presence, you controlled your behaviour. “Myungsoo! You’re early! You said that you still have works to do?”

Myungsoo almost rolled his eyes when you called him by his name. Not Soo? Okay! “I’m too tired to continue.” He then glared at Jongin and offered a quick (forced) smile. “Kim Myungsoo, Sooyeon’s husband. It’s a pleasure to meet you at last.”

If Jongin noticed Myungsoo’s sarcasm, he didn’t say anything about it. In fact, he stood up and offered his hand for a handshake with a sincere smile. “Kim Jongin, Sooyeon’s best friend. It’s a pleasure to meet you too. I must say Sooyeon was a lucky one to have somebody as you.”

Something inside Myungsoo flared up.

“Jongin. Stop being a tease, okay? Sit down.” You laughed at Jongin’s words and Myungsoo turned to glare at you. She must miss the fact that Jongin just being sarcastic with her own husband. Jongin laughed and raised his hands in surrender manner before sit and take a sip from his Americano.

“We are talking about Jongin’s new architecture project. You should sit too.” You pat an empty chair next to you with a small smile. Myungsoo hated the fact your eyes crinkling happily because of this Jongin.

He stared hard at the empty chair.

“Soo?”

Myungsoo sighed and sit on the chair but not before throwing a glare at Jongin. The latter smirked lightly and shrugged.

Oh fine.

 

 

 

You knew Myungsoo’s mood went sour as soon as you stepped into his car. He was breathing hard through his nose and it made you felt uneasy. He’s not saying a word and not even sparing a glance to you. His driving was fast and pretty reckless.

So, Myungsoo must be very very mad.

You sighed silently. Is this because of Jongin again?

“Soo? You’re driving too fast.” You broke the silence after a moment.

Myungsoo pressed the gas harder.

“Kim Myungsoo.” You hissed. “Slow down. Do you want to kill our baby?”

Myungsoo snorted. “Our baby?”

You straightened your posture. Here we go. You took a deep breath. You knew Myungsoo in his moody season but this time, Jongin doing nothing wrong. He just being his usual self and you missed Jongin. You missed seeing bubbly Jongin and his smiles and his teasing and Myungsoo can’t go overprotective just because he met his once-a-rival.

“Just slow down the car, okay? I’m tired and dizzy.” You sighed softly.

“Oh?” Myungsoo glared at you. “You’re tired? You’re tired with me but not with Jongin?”

You knew this have something to do with Jongin. “Myungsoo, I’m not going to start this again.”

“You’re implying that I’m started this?” He glared at you before glued his eyes back on the road.

“Myungsoo, I’m j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter