037

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Thirty Seven ;;

 

“I’m your husband for God’s sake but you ignore me like I am nothing!” Myungsoo didn’t mean to raise his voice and he certainly didn’t mean to mention the husband word either, but seeing so un-responsive you are made he vomited all his frustrations out.

He can’t believe you – his wife – let Jongin to walk into your life that easy.

Did you forget that you’re my wife, Sooyeon?

You should be aware with your limit as somebody’s wife!

He already chanted relaxrelaxrelax for thousands times to calm down himself whenever you’re around – to give you time and spaces as much as you need – before he can talk about the marriage peacefully, but things are not exactly like what he had planned.

“Then what about you?! You ignored me the same last seven years yet I never said anything about it! Why must now?!”

His tongue felt numb out of sudden.

He didn’t expect that.

You looked away from him. There’s no tears rolling down on your cheeks, but Myungsoo knew you were so close to tear. You knew how to control you emotion well, Sooyeon-ah, he thought, you really grown up.

“I-I—“

You sighed as you thrown your gaze outside. There’s no use arguing, Sooyeon, you thought. “Of course, what do I expected? You wouldn’t tell me the reasons.” Exhausted painted all over your face.

Myungsoo was crestfallen. “Sooyeon –“

Sooyeon looked down after a brief glance and weakly muttered.  “It’s a green light.”

Myungsoo sighed heavily before put in the gear. There were too much things running in his mind right now until its hurts as much his heart did. His heart ached when your eyes turned into sadness and disappointment when he can’t answer your questions. His heart ached when you looked away and tried to act that you’re fine when you’re not even close to one.

“Sooyeon –“

“I won’t force you, Myungsoo. It’s okay.” You talked in a small voice. “Remember when we had this big argue, when I asked you the secret that you can’t tell me back then in our school days? After that I promised you that I won’t ask you anything about things that you don’t want to tell me anymore?” He saw how you smiled faintly even though your eyes were unfocused. “I will keep the promise this time too because I knew there’s a reason for you to act like that. Because back then, Chorong and Eunji and the others were actually talking about Naeun, and you don’t want to remember her because she’s a puzzle to your past.”

Myungsoo pressed his lips together into a firm line.

“There’s always a reason for everything.” You muttered as you let out another sigh. “A reason for why you’re avoiding me.”

Myungsoo looked away as he tried to blink his tears away.

“Why you asked the maids to pack up my clothes and –“

A sword of guilty hit him right into the centre of his heart. “Sooyeon, that time I –“

You smiled weakly. “I told you, it’s okay.”

It’s not okay.

“Seven years passed and I already let things go. I’m fine.” You muttered.

I’m not.

“It was fascinating isn’t? You’re the first one that I met as soon as I arrived here.” You said quietly.

Is the fate playing on us?

“And we are still husband and wife even after seven years.” You looked away.

Is the feelings still the same, too?

Myungsoo wiped his silent tears before glanced at you through his wet eyelashes. He thought about it all the time – was it the time for him to divorce you? He thought about it every single second since you left but at the end, he just closed his eyes and prayed that the God to give him strength. And he endured it for seven years.

He endured all the pain, guilty and longing for seven years.

He’s sure, you’re too.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. Eyes on road, hands on the steering wheel but Myungsoo’s lips moved. He needed to say this, to mark the new start. He will start all over again and this time, he was determined.  He will explain everything when the right time comes. So he said it again. “I’m sorry.”

You looked down. A tear dropped. Those two words were all you need from him. “I’m sorry too.” You whispered. And those two words are the word you need to say to him – and you really mean it. You can’t predict the future but you knew this : things won’t be easy with Jongin’s presence.

Sooyeon –

Myungsoo –

Why things can’t go easy on us?

 

 

“WHAT?!”

You glanced up at Jiyeon and Sunggyu before you looked back at the small knife and apple in your hands. “What what?” You asked back.

“What do you mean by your aunt was extremely happy when your husband the one who bought you home yesterday?” Sunggyu asked, his eyes still bigger than it used too. “A-aren’t Myungsoo was the one who sent you home yesterday?” He asked cautiously.

Jiyeon tilted her head. “Or you married secretly in Japan with another guy?”

You glanced up at the two again, this time with a frown. “Why are you so working up and why you ask me like that, Jiyeon? It was tiring enough to have a secret marriage, how can I have two?” You muttered last sentence to yourself though.

“B-but –“ Sunggyu stared at you.

“Which part confusing you, oppa?” You put down the knife back in the bowl and passed the bowl to Jiyeon. “Is something happened when I’m gone?” You took a piece of apple and took a bite.

“Aren’t you a divorcee, Sooyeon?”

You choked on your apple. “Excuse me?”                           

Jiyeon hurriedly passed you a few tissues.

“You are a divorcee, don’t you?” Sunggyu repeated his question.

You wiped your mouth as you shoot Jiyeon’s a question look. But judging from Jiyeon’s expression, you guessed that your best friend probably thinking the same thing too.

“Is that why you’re thinking?” Then it hits you. “Omooo, that’s why you all are uncomfortable and acting weird yesterday! You thought Myungsoo and I were divorced.” You gasped.

“Myungsoo is your husband?!” Jiyeon gasped this time.

“Quiet Jiyeon, you might wake your baby up.” You glanced at both of them warily. “Aren’t he is my husband from the last seven years? What’s wrong with you guys?”

Sunggyu and Jiyeon exchanged glanced.

“You guys are still married?”

You frowned. “We never divorce though.”

“But we thought – you guys no longer contact each other.” Sunggyu said.

You ducked your head immediately. “It’s true we never contact each other, but we never divorce.” But then you looked up again.

Sunggyu tilted his head. “But there’s something in the past that convinced us that you guys divorced.” He was thinking hard. “What is it?” He asked himself.

You took the knife back and start to peel another apple. “Just because we didn’t contact each other, you guys assumed that we divorced? Aren’t that was too much?” There’s a sulky tone in your last sentence.

Jiyeon sighed. “I’m sorry Sooyeon, but seeing how lifeless Myungsoo was and –“

“I remember!” Sunggyu clicked his fingers together. “I remember now.”

“Remember what?”

“I don’t remember when – was it on the Christmas party – or what, ugh nevermind. Myungsoo received a call from his family lawyer saying that you already signed a few documents.”

You tilted your head for a second. “Did he tell you what documents, if I may ask?”

Sunggyu exchanged another glanced with your best friend. “He never tells us what documents it were.” Then he gasped. “He never tells us anything about being divorced either!”

This time, Jiyeon shoot him a look. “You guys just assuming it?”

Sunggyu looked panic for a second before he turned to Jiyeon. “He got the call that night. He said something about Sooyeon signed papers, and he looked like he’s broken hearted-- we said don’t go after Sooyeon. He just weakly agreed. We never mention Sooyeon’s name in front of him because we scared it might hurt him. But when I think about it, Myungsoo never said that he already divorced. It just us, assuming he divorce. He never did it at the first place.” Sunggyu sighed. “I feel bad for him out of sudden.”

You looked down when Sunggyu mentions a few words like he’s broken hearted and we scared it might hurt him.

How does Myungsoo live in past seven years?

Sunggyu turned to you. “Sooyeon, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t think something bad like that I was –“

You smiled weakly. “Oppa, don’t worry. It’s nothing big.”

Sunggyu sighed. “I know. But I guess Myungsoo must be hurt a lot whenever we mention that to him. Poor kid.”

You looked down again. You can’t imagine if somebody saying that to you – saying that you already divorce when you’re not.  It must be hurt a lot. Poor Myungsoo, you agreed.

He’s living a hard life alone.

“Sooyeon?”

You blinked. “E-eoh?”

“I’m asking you, what papers that you’re signing if not a divorce papers?” Jiyeon asked.

You smiled widened. “You’re not going to believe me when I said this.”

She whined. “What?”

“Grandma’s leaved 4% of Kim’s Corp stocks and a few of stuffs to me.”

Her eyes widened. “You mean –“

“She leaved you her properties? Her assets and –“

You nodded.

“, you’re a chaebol!” Sunggyu cursed.

Jiyeon slapped her husband’s arm. “Language, yeobo.” She turned to you. “Is that true?”

You smiled weakly. “At first, I thought it’s not right for me to accept those, but Mr Han said that it was my right as Myungsoo’s wife, especially he is on the heir line. Plus, it was Grandma. I can’t do many things when she’s alive so I guess taking care of her company is the least thing I can do.” You shrugged. “Sometimes, Mr Han came to Tokyo to take my sign for approving some weird things for the company.”

“You’re –wow.” Sunggyu sighed. “You come back with news that you’re still Myungsoo’s wife and now you revealed you are one of the Kim’s Corp’s stock’s holder. This is beyond my imagination.” He shook his head in amused.

“It’s only 4%, oppa. Plus, I don’t really have interest in business.”

“4% or not, it still a big sums, Sooyeon.” Jiyeon stared at you.

You grinned at him. “So? Will you ask me to buy you thousand new bags or what?”

Jiyeon glared at you and hissed, “Sureee, I will ask you bags until you’re left with nothing except bones. Just you wait.” She hugged herself and huffed.

Sunggyu and you chuckled.

 

 

"Jongin!"

The said man turned right away when his name being called. His dark eyes roamed around for a moment before the pair stopped at you. His lips broke into a big, carefree grin.

"You made it!" He said before he pulled you into his embrace with laugh.

"Of course, I'm. I promised you, didn't I?" You said when you pulled away. "You looked good, by the way."

He grin widen. "Yeah?"

You hummed in approval as your eyes scanning him hair to toes. He wore a pale blue button down shirt that cover his muscles well along with a pair black slacks. His soft dark hair was combed neatly. "You know that you looked good in anything, don't you?"

Jongin shrugged. "But I rarely heard them from you, pie." He whined.

You let out a small giggle. "So how the premiere's inspection? Did they come to your booth already?"

Jongin nodded. "They complimented my figures." He exclaimed. "They want to visit for one more time to hear the real deal. And my supervisor said it was a good thing - the fact that t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter