013

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Thirteen

Myungsoo stared at the big brown door. He has been standing there for almost 30 minutes, cracking his mind to do a simple decision.

Should I enter?

Should I not?

He glanced at his watch. It’s almost twelve. Myungsoo let out a small sigh.

Why did you fire her straight away before asking where did she go first?

Well, she should have informed me first!

Myungsoo held up his head and close his ears, an attempt to stop all his stupid thought.

“You should enter and beg for forgiveness, whatever happens.” He muttered.

He smiled at the idea. “That’s it.” He clicked his fingers together. But then he’s frowning. What if she’s sleeping?

His eyes darted to the door again. Myungsoo sighed. He pressed in the password into the machine and pushed the open gently. The living room was dark as he closed the door and kicked his converse away. But his eyes caught a familiar figure was hugging her knees on the sofa.

His heart softened at that sight. “Sooyeon?”

You looked up once you heard your name being called. As you saw Myungsoo standing in the doorway, you jump down the sofa and run to him. You’ve been thinking all the possibilities that might happen between you and Myungsoo but once he was there in front of you after going out for a day, you just run to him and hugged him straight away.

“I’m sorry.” You sobbed in his chest.

Myungsoo startled at your sudden action but then his arm was slowly circling you. “Hey, don’t cry.”

It just made you sobbed harder. “I should inform you before I go. I –“

“Hey.” Myungsoo cupped your cheeks and you looked up.

Myungsoo’s eyes widened at your puffy eyes. “You’d cried?”

You bit your lower lips. How should you say it to him? You got these weird imaginations – that he will always ignore you at house and school, say nothing to you and the worst, divorce.

She didn’t want any of those thoughts to happen though she didn’t know why.

Dear heart, what trick you’ve been playing?

“You’ve been crying, Sooyeon?” He softly asked as he wiped another roll of tears.

“I feel bad. I’m sorry.” You looked down as you wiped your own tears.

Myungsoo smiled softly when you stared at your feet. He reached for your hand gently and pulled you to the sofa. You followed him and sit on the sofa. But your eyes widened when Myungsoo didn’t sit beside you. He was kneeling in front you instead.

“Myungsoo?”

“I’m sorry too.”

You stared at him.

“I’m sorry for shouting at you this morning. No, I’m sorry for yelling at you. I knew I should ask you first, where did you go but I just cursed you instead. I’m sorry. I hurt you a lot this morning, right? You’re gone and I wasn’t in my right state. No notes and you don’t even bring your phone. I’m half frustrated and half scared. What happened to you, where did you go, I asked myself. And then you’re home with Sehun. I just went mad right away and I’m sorry.” He stared at your crystalline dark brown orbs and held your hands. “But please, after this, onwards, please tell me if you want to go somewhere. And please tell me too, if there any date that was important to you and I will do the same. I feel so broken when Hoya hyung tell me that today is your parents’ death date. I want to meet them, Sooyeon-ah. I really need to meet my wife’s parents.”

Myungsoo being grateful for the darkness or else, you can see him blushing like crazy right now.

You wiped the tears from your cheeks and nodded. “I’m sorry for that too.”

“What?”

“I should tell you but I couldn’t, you’re sleeping and I don’t want to disturb your sleep.”

“Aeyy~ I thought you’re the one who always wakes me up if I want to take a nap.”

“I’m serious, Myungsoo.” You whined. “Taking a nap on the afternoon is different from sleeping.”

Myungsoo let out a small chuckle. “You’re cute.”

Your eyes widened and your cheeks feel warm. “Nae?”

“I’m sorry okay?” Myungsoo cleared his throat. “But what with Sehun?” He wants to change the topic right away, but stupidly he talked about something he wants to avoid really bad.

“Ah~ Sehun oppa?” You saw how Myungsoo was a bit restless in fronts you right now. “He just happened to visit at the same time.”

Myungsoo nodded. “Oh, wait. Did you bake the brownies?”

“How did you know?” You frowned.

“Hoya hyung –“

You nodded. “Ah, of course, Hoya oppa.”

“So, did you bake the brownies?”

You bit your lower lip. “I didn’t bake the brownies.”

Myungsoo’s turn to frown. “You didn’t?”

“I didn’t bake the brownies because ..”

“..because?” Myungsoo stared at you as you’re avoiding his eyes. His heart was fluttering.

“I’m worried.” You mumbled.

He grinned. “You were?”

“You should answer your phone.” You almost yelled because of embarrassment. “Throw your phone if you don’t use them.” You mumbled.

“Aish.” Myungsoo sighed as you’re repeating his words from today’s morning. “I told you I’m sorry okay?”

You nodded and laughed good heartily. “Just kidding.”

“So let’s bake the brownies tomorrow morning.”

You smiled at him. “You’re good with baking?” You wiped another tear, but this one is the happy tears.

Myungsoo stood up proudly. “This is Chef Myungsoo you’re speaking with.”

 

 

“Chef Myungsoo, my .”

“Yah! I heard that!”

You rolled your eyes ad you put the baking dish into the oven. “Glad you heard that.” You turned to him and he passed you the second baking dish. You placed the second baking dish into the oven and set the oven up.

“You said that you’re good with baking.”

Myungsoo deep his second finger into the bowl contained melted chocolate and them. “When did I?”

“Last night.” You glared at him.

“No, I didn’t.”

“Yes, you did!” You crossed your arms and you leaned your back at the kitchen counter. “This is Chef Myungsoo you’re speaking with.” You repeated his words from last night conversation.

“I said that but I never said that I’m good at baking.” He dipped his fingers into the bowl again.

Your jaw dropped. “I’m speechless, really.”

Myungsoo shrugged. “People always tell me that. ‘Wow Myungsoo, you make me go speechless with your god-like appearance.’ I got a tons compliment like that.” He grinned. “Eh wait, did you just compliment me just now?”

You pulled your kitchen gloves from your hand and threw right at his chest. “Not that, stupid.”

Myungsoo let out a small chuckle as you puffed your cheeks in frustration. He glanced at the burned brownies on the table that separated both of you right now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter