012

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twelve

You stared at the two tombstones. The craved names there slightly made you choked and almost sobbed, but you had promised yourself not to cry anymore. Both of them were good people, that’s why God called them early, said your aunt.

“Seongsaengnim, are my parents already arrived?”

“Not yet, dear. But I promise they’re on the way here. This is your first performance ever right? I’m sure they don’t want to miss it.”

You smiled faintly at the memories.

“Sooyeon –“

“They are here, seongsaengnim?”

“We need to get you to the hospital right now!”

You sighed. If only you didn’t rush them to go to your first guitar performance nine years ago, you might still have them alive. Your parents. Another wave of memories rushed inside your head. A sudden shadow towering you forced you to look up. Once your eyes already adjusted to the light, you smiled upon the visitor.

“Sehun oppa.” You called.

The male smiled softly at you before he placed the flowers on the tombstones and recited some silent prayers to give some respect. You watched him until the end of his prayer and he eventually opened his eyes.

He turned to you. “You never late for this, aren’t you?”

“They’re my parents, oppa.” You smiled at him faintly. “Of course I want to be the first.”

 Sehun nodded. He was incredibly good in black shirt and jeans. He dyed his light brown hair to dark one to suit Korean culture better. The male looked around. “Where is Myungsoo?”

You blinked. “Ah. I came here without him.” He was sleeping when you were getting yourself ready this morning. He was in a deep sleep so you think it was not suitable to wake him up just for accompanying you to the graves.

Sehun’s eyes widened. “What? Is he not coming? He should be here, accompany you to—“

“It’s not his fault oppa, don’t get too emo.” You let out a small giggle.

Sehun softened at the side of you. “But still, he should come here.”

You stared at the tombstones again. “I didn’t tell him about today.”

“What?”

“I didn’t tell him today is the anniversary of my parents' death.” You whispered. When you heard no response from Sehun, you turned to look at him. And he was there, staring at you.

“Oppa?” You called.

“I remembered when I saw your teacher bringing you to the hospital.” He sighed. “You looked beautiful in that white dress, but your face was so confused. You look so fragile to me Sooyeon-ah. You were ten years old and you lost both of them. I still remembered the last thing your mother said to you in the ICU room.”

“Don’t cry, Sooyeon. My pretty daughter gonna be alright. Mom and Dad love you.” Both of you recited the sentence in unison.

“I miss them oppa.” You whispered as you smiled faintly. Your Dad died immediately right after the accident, however, the rescue team barely saved your mother and delivered your mom directly to the nearest hospital. You still remembered your mom's pale face when you entered the room. Suddenly you wanted to hug your knees right there, crying out loud.

“Dad and Mom love you.”

A tear rolled down on your cheek uninvited.

Sehun pulled out a pack of tissue pocket and handed it to you. “Tissue?”

You looked up and suddenly the memory from the other night came and hit you. You saw Myungsoo in his pyjamas stretching out his hand as he tried hard not to laugh at your sneezing before his face changing back to Sehun’s.

“Sooyeon?” He called.

“I don’t need the tissue, oppa.” You quickly took the tissue. ”But thank you.”

Sehun nodded as he stared at the tombs. “I miss them too, Sooyeon. But do you ever think about this, they are made us closer that before.”

You nodded. Honestly, you and Sehun not even close when you were a child, but it all changed once you’ve started move in with them. You guys like a pair that cannot be separate even.  Where was Sehun, there will be you and of course vice versa. “Speaking of that, where were your parents, oppa? They’re not visiting?”

Sehun grinned. “Of course they were visiting. Probably in the afternoon? You knew how much my father cares for his only brother.” Sehun grinned turned into a weak smile. “He loves his younger brother very much.”

Sooyeon looked at Sehun face and turned to her father tomb. It’s true, you envied with your father’s and Sehun’s father strong bonding. Even both of them were busy, they still have time to spend together on each other’s birthday.

“Oppa, don’t be sad. You still have me even though my father’s gone now.”

Sehun let out a stiff chuckle. “Yeah, I still have you.”

“Why does it sound sarcastic?”

He shook his head. ”You really don’t remember then, Sooyeon.” It was a whisper, but you heard them correctly.

That when it hit you.

“Omma,” Sehun called his mother. His mother looked up from the magazine and smiled gratefully at him. Her eyes then gaze softly at you who are standing behind him, totally immersed with the Rubix cube in your hands.

“Is there anything you need, Sehun?”

You looked up when you heard your aunt’s voice and grinned at her before looking back down the Rubix cube.

“Isn’t Sooyeon look pretty today?”

You rolled your eyes. “I’m just back from hanging out with my new friends, oppa. What did you expect me to wear? A pyjama?” You were 13 at that time and Sehun was 17 years old.

Your aunt let out a small giggle. She agreed what Sehun’s said though. You’re pretty as puberty hit you. Totally like a blooming flower.

“Aish this kid.” He grunted before turning back his attention to his mom. “But not all of them were female.”

“I told aunty already that I’m going with 3 females and two males and aunty approved though.” Your eyes were glued to the Rubix cube. “What’s your problem, hmm, oppa?”

Sehun sighed. You didn’t notice this, but your aunt already had something written in her face as she kept exchanging glances between you too. She stared hard at Sehun for his next words.

“Last week, I pretended to be Sooyeon’s boyfriend to chase the boys away from her.” He announced proudly.

Your aunts choked.

“I already thanked you for that, didn’t I?” You grinned as you already success turning one side of the Rubix cube to red.

“A 'thank you' doesn’t enough, Sooyeon.”

“Whatever oppa.”

Sehun turned to his mother. “Look at her, she ignored me because of that stupid Rubix cube.”

Your aunty smiled hesitantly. “She was happy to learn something new.”

“You’re right, aunty. Minho gave me this, he said it helps your mind to work creatively.” You grinned at her and continued mixing around the cube.

“Which Minho?” Sehun snapped.

Your aunt reached for Sehun’s shoulder. “Are you mad, Sehun?”

“Of course I am. She was just social around with everybody, omma. Especially boys, it was dangerous.”

“But I hang out with you a lot, oppa. You’re a boy too.” You muttered boringly.

“I was fine. I’m not dangerous. I care about you.”

Your brain and your hands work along. “Hmm.”

Sehun frustrated with your simple reply thus he turned back to his mother. “Let me marry her omma. I can take care of her, I knew her likes and dislike. I can be a good one for her even.”

Your a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter