040

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty ;;

The bell rang softly as soon as you opened the door into the restaurant.

You stepped in immediately and your eyes wandered around until they stopped on a male figure who’s busy reading the menu book.

Sensing somebody looking at him, Jongin looked up and his eyes met yours. He put down the elegant menu book and offered you a smile – slow and wide – and you quickly walked towards his table with the same grin. Jongin stood up and in the next second, you jumped into his hug.

“Oof Sooyeon!” Jongin chuckled. “You weighted tons, I see.”

You smelled in his minty scent. “I miss you.” You said as you slowly retreated from the hug.

Jongin was still there – smiling down at you.

How could he still smiling like that?

When the love of his life no longer his?

Jongin seems can read your mind because his smile widened in next second and said, “We are not going to create drama here okay, so let’s eat peacefully. I’m hungry.” He grinned at you though you see his wavered eyes before he pulled you the chair.

You let out a small sigh before you sit down. Jongin quickly sit opposite you.

“How are you, pretty pie?” He asked you as he passed you the menu book.

Good manners as always.

“I’m fine.” You quietly answered him.

Jongin nodded at your answer. “Glad to hear that.”

You stared at him. “Jongin, --“

“I’m fine too.” He answered too quickly as if he knew what you’re going to say.

You got the hint already so you decided to let him to lead the conversation. You knew Jongin and his style – it’s better for you to be like this.

“Should we order the food?” Jongin glanced at you before he waved his hand to the waiter.

Both of you thanked the waiter after placing your order and watched him walked away.

“So you got the job?”

You turned to Jongin and you saw on how brightly he smiled. You can’t help but to grin too before nodding excitedly. “Yeah, I’m going to start very soon. I already sent them the requirements – and it was exactly like what you said – being an intern in one of the successful companies in Japan definitely helps me a lot. Now they are going to have big expectations on me –“

Jongin laughed. “Calm down, pie.”

You stared at him with a big grin. “How can I keep calm , Jongin. It is –“

“--going to be fine, really.” Jongin laughed. “How can you be so cute while babbling though?”

You gasped. “Jongin!”

Jongin grinned. “Okay, I’m sorry.”

“I was in serious mood to tell you about my job and you’re laughing at me?” You pouted. “Rude.”

Jongin’s grin widened. “You should see your face when you’re –“

“If you’re going to say the babbling word again, I’m going to kick you right here, right now.”

Jongin burst into another wave of laugh.

You tried hard to stay stern but hearing his good heartily laugh, you laughed along.

“I miss you.” You said when both of you wiped the tears from the corner of the eyes. It was overwhelming.

Jongin smile was so soft and sincere. He stared for you with his soft eyes for a moment before sigh, “You have no idea on how I miss you too, Sooyeon-ah.” He said softly.

It was unfair.

It was totally unfair for Jongin – one of the most wonderful persons that I ever met – to be so broken like this. He was happy once he saw you, but you also noticed that his eyes were a bit teary as if he’s holding tears.

“I’m sorry, Jongin.” You whispered.

Jongin looked down at his fingers for a moment before he looked up. “Don’t be.” He cleared his throat for a second before put a force smile on his face. “I don’t want to ruin our moment, really.”

You smiled weakly. “I’m sorry, for ruined our moment.”

Jongin grinned. “Apology accepted.”

You put on your big grin once again. “So did you pass your intern evaluation?”

It was Jongin’s turn to grin widely. He flipped his bang. “With flying colour.”

“Oh my god, congratulations!” You squealed happily. “You deserved it.”

“We both deserved these.” He beamed.

You laughed. “Today’s my treat. Remember when I promised you I’m going to treat you when I got the job?”

“I know.” He grinned. “That’s why I picked this five stars restaurant. Don’t you hear that I ordered one of the finest dishes just now? And one expensive wine.”                                                                            

“Yah!”

 

 

“We are here.” Jongin announced when he pulled up the hand-brake.

You stared out at the window for a moment before turned to him, watching his expression intently. Jongin was busy checking up his phone and sniffed lightly, you know he was acting busy. For the whole day, you guys have been wondering around the Hongdae to find your work clothes and stuff. You admit it have been so long since you have real fun, a good laugh with him. You try to bring your marriage topic but Jongin avoid them easily – whining wanting an ice cream or waffles.

You let out a sigh. “Jongin.”

Jongin looked up at you. “Yes?”

You stared at his innocent face but you knew Jongin can’t really hide anything from you. “You’re really going to be like this?”

Jongin sighed. “You really want to talk about it?”

You stared at him. There’s it. Jongin’s broken heart. “But we can’t avoid it all the way, isn’t?” You said softly.

“What should I do then, Sooyeon?” Jongin looked up at you, his eyes was full with sadness. “To be honest, I was so shocked when you met him at the premiere. I was so shocked,” Jongin repeated in his breaths, “—till the point I was pulled into the reality that you’re actually somebody’s wife.”

You looked down at your fingers on your laps.

“I prayed hard you know, so that you will never found your husband, so that you will realize how big my love for you. I thought it’s going to be true. You’re by my side, you never left me, you’re always there for me. I am happy.”

“Jongin..”

“For you, Sooyeon, I started to talk to my stepmother, you know.” Jongin smiled weakly. “I opened up for her a bit. I can tell she’s happy enough when I was home for her meals. You’re right, she’s a good woman.”

You smiled softly at his words.

“She wanted to meet you.”

You looked at him and met his gaze. “I told her about you. That’s a big improvement, isn’t? I told my stepmother about my love life.”

You let out shaky breathes.

“But how should I tell her that you’re actually somebody’s wife, Sooyeon?” He whispered as he stared down at his fingers.

Both of you let the silence to conquer the atmosphere for a moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter