047

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty Seven ;;

“You said that to her?” Woohyun gasped. “You can’t said that to her! Sooyeon loves her job!”

“I just want the best for my baby.” Myungsoo sighed as he stirred his coffee slowly.

It’s been two days since both of you and Myungsoo’s having a silent war – eating at the same table, sleeping on the same bed without making any noise – and it frustrated him, really. He was disappointed – in himself and maybe he was disappointed in you too. He knew you’re living your childhood dream, he knew that you love architecture more than anything but he can’t help it to felt betrayed when you ignored his wish.

“Myungsoo, I understand your feeling but you can’t just directly ask her like that.” Hoya said softly. “You knew Sooyeon and her stone-headed behaviour. You can’t ask her to choose directly in one night. She’s must be too shock with your request.”

Myungsoo shift uncomfortably on his seat. Hoya’s right too. He sighed guiltily. “I can’t believe she chose her job over me.”

“I can’t believe you ask her to choose you over her dream job either, hyung.”

Sungjong’s words slapped him right into his face – into his heart. Myungsoo’s eyes snapped to Sungjong and his lips moved, tried to protest – he want to say he didn’t do anything like what the youngest said – but he can’t even defend himself. He ended up groaned over the truth.

“Does it sound like I’m forcing her to quit?” He weakly muttered.

The other three glanced at each other.

“It’s not like you forced her – but almost close.  But you should understand pregnant woman’s mood, Myungsoo.”  Hoya said. “She’s probably dying of tiredness and it’s definitely not helping when you ask her to quit. She’s loves her job. It was what her parents wanted her to be. It’s not only her dream that she’s fulfilled, it’s her parents’ too.”

Myungsoo groaned once again. “My fault, definitely.”

Sungjong shook his head.  “I wouldn’t say like that. I mean, it’s not entirely your fault. I understand you want her to quit so that she’ll be in a better condition without any pressure. But we are talking about Sooyeon noona, hyung. We are talking about a noona that was brave enough to run away to Japan alone.”

Woohyun chuckled at that. “I still can’t believe that.”

Myungsoo smiled weakly.

Hoya patted Myungsoo’s arm lightly. “Just surrender first to her will, Myungsoo. Sooyeon can be convinced if you give her time.”

Woohyun nodded quietly. “My advice is apologises first. Talk to her slowly about this when you think Sooyeon’s in a good condition. Don’t stress her out – she’s carrying your baby. I do agree of you though – she’s should focused more to your family. I mean, architecture is a heavy work that needs higher level concentration. You should pray that she’s not involved with any site works or that will exhausted her more.”

Myungsoo took a deep breath. He saw how you exhausted you are. Your morning sickness was not that heavy anymore, but his heart ached whenever you totally limp once you sit down on the sofa or bed.

“Myungsoo hyung?”

Myungsoo blinked. “Eoh?”

“Sooyeon noona needs you the most at time like this. So don’t be too harsh on her, okay?”

 

 

“Yah, you really are pregnant, don’t you?”

You glared at your best friend. “Of course, I am. What, do you think I’m joking?”

Jiyeon laughed. “It just – you are really not a fan of Thai’s food but now look where we are -- eating in a Thai restaurant that smelled spices and herbs everywhere.”

“Are you complaining?” You tilted your head at her before sipping down your TomYam soup.

Jiyeon shook her head, grinning. “I’m not complaining when you paid for the food, darling.”

You rolled your eyes.

“Are you still mad at Myungsoo?”

“Why you always managed to ruin my mood?” You whined, putting down your spoon. You then gathered your hairand tied them into a big bun as you stared at Jiyeon.

Jiyeon laughed. “He should sitting in my place right now, accompanying you and your cravings.”

You looked down at your red soup. “He’s busy with his works.” You replied weakly before picked up your chopsticks and started to hunt for your prawns.

Jiyeon stared at you for a moment before moved her lips. “What he said was right, Sooyeon.”

You glanced at Jiyeon before bringing the small seafood to your lips. “You mean about quitting?”

Jiyeon nodded. “He just wants to make sure –“

“If you’re one of those who’s going to brainwash me, I’m sorry but you effort will go waste. I’m not quitting and that’s final.”

Jiyeon sighed. “He wants to make sure the baby is healthy and alright.”

“So, you too think that I’m putting the baby in danger?”

Jiyeon tilted her head. Your anger didn’t have effect on her even a bit. “We didn’t know the future. It just – can’t you see how Myungsoo loves and cares for you and the baby damn much?”

You stared hard at her. “So tell me, Jiyeon. Does Sunggyu oppa ever asked you to quit when you’re pregnant?”

“Aeyy, our situation is different. Sunggyu and I were working because none of us is a chaebol heir. I myself will volunteer to stop working if we can feed our seven generations.”

“Yeah, right.” You rolled your eyes. “The point is, you and your daughter are totally fine even when you’re working. Your daughter is a perfectly fine, right?” You huffed. “I’m started to think that Myungsoo is actually cared more for the baby more than me.” You said in sulky tones.

Jiyeon laughed hard. “You’re jealous over your unborn child? Really Sooyeon?”

“I’m grateful for Myungsoo affection for the baby, okay? But he doesn’t need to cross the line. I can take care of the baby. I know my limit as a mother and I won’t tire out myself. My company have their regulations for pregnant women too. They won’t force me to work hard. How I wish if he can understand me, Jiyeon.”

Jiyeon smiled softly at that. She understood you very well – your stand and behaviour. “He’s just worried over both of you. He doesn’t want anything to happen to any of you.”

You let out a sigh and replied softly. “I know.” Of course, you knew. Deep down, you always know that Myungsoo cared for the both of you. He prepared you ginger tea and vitamins in the mornings and m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter