049

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty-Nine ;;

Myungsoo’s tears dropped.

And he quickly wiped them away with the heel of his palm. No, Myungsoo – don’t cry, please, don’t cry – a sob escaped from his lips. He’s trembling, eyes reddened and shaking. He took a deep breath and threw away the big lump in this throat. The crowd parted way to make way for the waiter and noises in Japanese make he’s suffocated right away.

Don’t, Myungsoo, don’t cry.

He stared at the waiter and the limp woman in the arms behind his wet eyelashes and took a grateful breath though his heartbeat still drumming hard against his ribcage.

Everything’s fine, Myungsoo. Don’t –worry.

Myungsoo wiped his quiet tears yet they keep rolling down his cheeks.

It’s not Sooyeon, not Sooyeon.

“Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo turned to the source of voice right away – you’re there, at the end of the stair, confuse written all over your face -- and let out a sharp relief sigh before crossed over the space and pulled you into a tight hug.

Sooyeon, Sooyeon, Sooyeon, Sooyeo--

You’re stunned for a second before you slowly wrapped your hands around his torso. “Soo? Why aren’t you stayed at the table?”

That was when you noticed that Myungsoo was shaking hard against you. You looked up and stared at his pale face. “Myungsoo?” Panic. “Soo, are you alright?”

“You’re okay?” He muttered, eyes closed as he inhaled at your hair’s shampoo deeply. “You’re okay. And fine. Thank you. ”

You brushed your thumb across his cheek with worried eyes. “What’s wrong?”

“You’re okay. We’re fine.” He chanted and your heart aches.

“Soo?”

“It’s okay. You’re okay and that’s what matters most.” Myungsoo breathed.

It seems to you that Myungsoo said those words because he needs to assure himself more than you. And he intertwined your fingers together until you reached your hotel room afterward and never let go.

 

 

You looked away from the tv when the bathroom door swung opened and thin steam escaped and smiled when you meet your husband’s eyes. Myungsoo’s smile back and you let a small sigh of relief before glanced back at the tv screen. Myungsoo’s cheeks flushed with colours and his eyes no longer shaking.

“I make you some tea.” You beckoned Myungsoo to sit next to you on the sofa when Myungsoo done changing his clothes.

He came to you with a small towel in his hand to dry off his hair and sit next to you before he put the small towel aside. You passed him his cup and Myungsoo gladly accepted it with a small smile. You stared at him as he blew the tea and drink it slowly.

Myungsoo looked much better than earlier. He was shaking hard even both of you already in the cab on your way back to the hotel. He was sickly pale and that makes you unsettle straight away. It seems like a good shower helped.

“You’re staring.” Myungsoo glanced at you before he put the cup back on the table and to the towel to continue drying his hair.

“You’re okay?”

Myungsoo shoot you a glance before slowly put down the towel and heaved a sigh. He then looked at you and smile – brief and small. “I’m okay?”

You stared at him for a moment before quietly said, “You’re shivering all the way, Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo knew it was serious when you started to call him by his full name. He glanced at you and met your waiting eyes before let out another sigh. The cold and sharp feeling came back to him and Myungsoo curled his fingers against his palm. “Y-you went to the toilet too long and it just scared me.”

You noticed that Myungsoo stiffed and tense immediately so you scooted closer and let your side pressed against his. He quickly pulled you closer and leaned in on your shoulder, inhaling your scent. “I just went to the toilet, Soo.”

“I know.” He replied quietly. “But then there’s a commotion about a woman fainted in the toilet, bleeding even and I-I –“

You took a sharp breath. Of course Myungsoo was scared.

“—I thought it was you.” He’s choked over nothing and curled against you. “I thought you fall down or something.”

“Oh Myungsoo..” There’s a sorry tone in your voice. “..I’m so sorry to make you worry. I-I didn’t mean to scare you. I’m sorry.” You rubbed his arm. “I’m really sorry.”

“The thought of losing you and our c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter