046

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty Six ;;

You snapped your eyes opened and jolted up from the bed – breathing hard. Your sweat broke and the room felt so cold.

Our bab --

“Sooyeon?”

You turned and saw your husband staring at you in shock from his study table. “—Soo?”

Myungsoo put down his pen – eyes still glued on you. “Are you okay? You’re .. bolted up straight from the bed.” He gasped.

You rubbed your face with a sigh and took a few of deep breaths to calm down your racing heart beats before nodding slowly and pulled back your hands. “It just –I’m fine.”

“Nightmares?”

You looked up at him and hummed. “Nightmares.”

Myungsoo’s frown eased and he smiled softly. “Go back to sleep, sweetheart. It’s still early.”

You glanced at the clock on your phone screen from the lamp table and gasped. “Two in the morning?” You turned back to your husband. “You haven’t slept yet?” Myungsoo’s doing his work at the table as soon as both of you entered the room earlier. Myungsoo asked you to sleep first because he said he need to check a paper work and he promised you that it won’t take long.

And he checked the paper for three hours, god!

Myungsoo smiled sheepishly.

“Myungsoo!”

Myungsoo pouted. “I’m almost done.”

You glared at him. “You checked the paper for a few nights already!”

“I’m having a big meeting later on and I need to be prepared.” He glanced at you apologetically.

“You already prepared for weeks ago, right? And you need your sleep too.” You whined. “Stop already and have a rest, okay?”

Myungsoo’s lips stretched into a wide grin. “Alright alright. I will stop now, okay? Happy?” He started to collect his papers and clean his table.

You smiled. “Happy.”

Myungsoo snorted with a smile hanging loosely on his face as he shook his head.

You waited until Myungsoo finished his cleaning and closed his lamp before he walked to the bed and threw himself to the empty spot next to you with a sigh of bliss. You smiled weakly at his action before lay down next to him. Your husband must be tired working hard and your stupid mood swings were no help.

Myungsoo turned to you and pulled you closer before fixed the comforter over both of you. You can felt his heat warming up your body. Myungsoo let out a yawn and you patted his arm on your waist gently.

“Sleep tight. You worked hard.”

Myungsoo snuggled closer as he hummed and tucked his chin on your crown. You waited for a moment until his breathing soft down and even out before you slowly letting out a silent, heavy sigh. Your mind wondered back to your nightmare and thinking about it makes your head felt dizzy and shivered lightly. You sighed once again and pressed yourself again Myungsoo’s solid body.

This is the reality. You reminded yourself. The nightmare is just another bad dream.

“Sooyeon?”

Your eyes widened. “E-eoh?”                             

You looked up a bit and saw Myungsoo’s staring down at you.

“Is everything is fine?”

You nodded. “Everything’s fine.”

Myungsoo brought his hand over and cradled your cheek softly. “Sure?”

You hummed and unconsciously leaned into his palm and closed your eyes. “I’m fine.”

His fingers softly brushed your cheeks and it stayed like that for a moment before Myungsoo broke the silence. “Is it about the nightmares?”

Your eyes snapped open. “It’s just another nightmare.”

Myungsoo stared at you. “What is it about?”

How could you tell him about this one? You don’t have the heart to tell him about your nightmares.

“It’s nothing, Soo. Go to sleep.” You closed your eyes and snuggled closer to him so that Myungsoo get the sign that you don’t want to talk about this anymore.

He understood. “It’s just a nightmare, sweetheart. Everything’s fine.” Myungsoo whispered before he placed a peck on your forehead and pulled you into his arms. You shared his body warmth together and let the sleepiness to engulf you once again even though the shivers don’t go away.

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo gasped. “Ramen?”

You laughed at his face. It was another Saturday morning – after a hectic week of thousand building proposal of yours and Myungsoo’s tiring meetings –both of you were simply resting in the living room after having a simple breakfast. The TV was showing another Saturday variety show and Myungsoo was still staring with his dilated pupils at you as if what you just have said just now was the weirdest thing in the world.

“Ramen?” He repeated again.

“Yes, ramen.”

Myungsoo opened his mouth to say something but closed it back. He stared at you for another full minute and moved his lips again. “You want to eat ramen even though we just have fried rice just now?”

Myungsoo knew this was the start of your craving. He noticed how you ate your breakfast just now. Three plate of fried rice with omelettes – yet he didn’t say anything. He gladly put extra rice onto your plate, heck, he even praised you for eating well for the baby’s growth. He didn’t expect this coming though.

“Sure, I’ll just um, call the takeout and –“

You quickly shook your head. “I don’t want a takeout one.”

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows. “You’re going to cook by yourself?”         

“I want you to cook one for me.”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened. “Excuse me?”

You pouted and leaned in. “Can you? I’m craving for some ramen, I mean – I craving for your ramen. You will do it for me, don’t you?”

Myungsoo blinked. He definitely will pinch your cheeks and squish them hard for your cuteness overload but not right now. Not when he busy finding an excuse for not cook. “But sweetheart,” he started softly. “You know that I’m not a good cook, right?” He burned brownies easily and can’t even mix tuna properly. How on earth he’s going to cook a ramen?

You laughed at his words. “It’s just a ramen, Soo. You just boil the water and put in the soup powder and then the ramen. Done!”

It was Myungsoo’s turn to pout. Of course he wanted you to eat a good and delicious food, not a simple plain ramen.

“You will cook for me ..right?” You blinked cutely at him.

Myungsoo lose. He chuckled lightly and leaned in to pull your cheek as far he could go and the house was filled with your whines and shouts.

“It’s hurts.” You glared at him and pouted as you rubbed your cheeks.

Myungsoo grinned without any guilty feeling before pulled your hands away and kissed your cheeks softly. “There.” He leaned in and pampered the other side with another kisses. “Happy?”

“Ramen.” You grinned.

Myungsoo smiled faded as the realization hit him. “Right …ramen.”

And that’s how he’s in the kitchen with vegetables drowned in small bowl that full of water in the sink and eggs on the counter ten minutes later. He’s cutting the ham very slowly but groaned almost immediately when the ham were not in the same size.

“Stupid ham!” He mumbled in frustration.

“What else?” He sighed when he finished cutting the (asymmetry) ham. His eyes roamed on the counter. “Eggs, check. Ham, check. Veggies, check. Ramen, check. Salt, check.” He turned to the stove and saw the water’s boiling well. “Water, check.”

“Everything’s fine, Soo?”

Myungsoo startled when a pair of small arm hugged his side. He glanced nervously at you. “Uh yeah.”

“You want to put all of these in?” Myungsoo saw how your eyes stopped at his hams but he glad that you didn’t say anything about how badly shaped they were – he not even sure if you care or no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter