043

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty-Three ;;

Your eyes fluttered open before you blinked them a few times, trying to hush your drowsiness away. You glanced at Myungsoo’s face lazily before turning up your head a bit and looked past his shoulder – straight to the big windows. It was still dark outside, but you can see the red orange morning rays started to brighten up the sky.

The sun is going up very soon.

You dropped your head back to the pillow and whined quietly before rubbing your eyes and blinked.

Now you noticed Myungsoo clearly.

He’s still sleeping so you took time admired his face from this up close. Hair tousled, lips parted and cheeks puffed, yet he managed to make your heartbeat went fast so early in the morning. You liked this sleeping view of Myungsoo.

You’re grateful enough to be with him again.

You glanced at his face before carefully took his hand on your waist and slowly pick his hand up – you need to wake up and help your aunt to prepare the breakfast – and put the hand aside. You let out a silent breath that you don’t even know you’ve been holding before you slowly pull yourself into a sitting position.

Only to be pulled back to the bed.

You gasped in shock when a hand make its way to your waist and pulled you closer.

“M-myungsoo?”

Myungsoo’s eyes still close but he hummed quietly. “Where’re you going?” He mumbled.

“We need to wake up now.” You said softly, rubbing his hand up and down in a gentle manner a few times.

“Don’t go.”

Your lips stretched into a soft, small smile when Myungsoo snuggled closer and threw his legs over yours. “Wake up, Soo. It’s going to be bright soon.”

Myungsoo’s eyes opened straight away. “What did you call me just now?”

Your smile faded. You blinked in confusion. “..what?”

Myungsoo fixed his position so that he can lay on his side and see you clearly in the same time. “What did you call me just now?”

You blinked again, a few times as you stared at him – brain’s working – before it clicked. “Ah .. that –“ You cleared your throat when the blood rushing up to your cheeks. “—its um, “

Myungsoo’s grinning. “Is it a nickname? For me?” He asked excitedly. His voice was a bit huskier  and throaty – maybe because he’s just awake – but it was so so y.

You looked away, trying to hide away from Myungsoo’s stare. “Um,”

There’s a shadow and there’s your husband  -- he’s hovering over your body with both of his hands on the sides of your head to support his weight. You blinked at him with wide eyes. Myungsoo leaned in and in the next second he pampered every single surface of your face with kisses.

You laughed when his nose and his lips and his breaths tickled your skin. “S-soo, stop really.”

Myungsoo pulled away with a big grin – eyes clear with happiness. “Why you’re so adorable in the morning?”

You replied his word with a huff with a small smile hanging loosely on your lips . “What adorable?”

Myungsoo’s grin widened. “Are you going to call me Soo from now on? That’s really adorable.” He squealed and you laughed lightly.

“We should wake up right now.” You looked at everything except at Myungsoo.

“Nope.” He shook his head. “Call me Soo, again.”

You looked at him -- puppy eyes and red cheeks. “Aunty’s waiting for me to prepare the food together.”

“Soo.” He repeated, still staring down at you.

You pressed your lips tighter and shook your head.

“I’m not going to move until you say so.” He threatened.

“It’s not fair to bully me early in the morning.” You whined quietly.

“Let your aunty prepare the breakfast by herself then.”

“Aish.”

“I’m waiting.”

You blinked at him cutely. “Let me go this one, please.”

“Nu-uh.”

You pouted. “Please?”

“You know the word.”

An imaginary bulb lightened up on your mind. You bit your lower lip while pounding on the idea and felt like your cheeks are going to explode. But you shut your eyes and mentally count to three before raised your head a bit and pecked his lips and dropped back your head to the pillow and quickly said, “Soo.”

Myungsoo clearly didn’t expect that because he’s face was blank and shock – but only for a second because his lips curl into another smile. “Why you little tease –“

Myungsoo leaned in and you grinned into his lips before wrapped your arms around his neck melted into his soft kiss.

“Ew, morning breath.” You teased with a grin when Myungsoo pulled away.

“Oh really?” Myungsoo tilted his head before leaned in and dived for your lips once again – only it was a bit passionate than earlier. You don’t even noticed your hands on his hair were demanding as your lips caressed Myungsoo’s one.

“We really need to get up, Soo.” You said when both of you parted for air. You decided that you liked this view too – Myungsoo’s pupils dilated, lips parted and swollen, red cheeks.

Myungsoo brushed your cheek with his nose. “Can’t we stay?”

You hummed before unwrapped your arms from his neck. “You know we can’t. You need to go to office.”

Myungsoo sighed and pouted before pushed up and pulled himself into a sitting position. “Why today’s not Saturday?” He groaned.

You smiled and sit up.  “What’s wrong with Thursday?”

“We don’t need to rush everything and continue making out.” He said.

Your cheeks reddened. “We did not make out!” You gasped.

Myungsoo smirked. “Oh yes, we did. You replied to my kiss –“ Myungsoo can never finish his words because you slapped your pillow right into his face and ran to the toilet with burning cheeks.

You still can hear Myungsoo’s teasing laugh even you’re in your shower.

 

 

Myungsoo closed the clear file and let out a deep sigh before glancing down at his wrist watch. He poundered for a second before pressed a button on the intercom.  “Sunhwa?”

“Yes, Mr Kim?”

“What’s my schedule for this afternoon?”

There’s a silence on the other side for a second. “Your schedule was empty except for the report inspection,sir.”

Myungsoo nodded but then he quickly replied his secretary when he realized Sunhwa can’t see his nod. “Um, okay. But I can do the report inspection anytime right? There’s no rush on it, am I correct?”

“Yes, sir. It just one report – the final reading one.”

Myungsoo hummed. “Okay. You just email it on me and I’ll get back on it later on.”

“Sure, Mr Kim. Is there anything else you need?”

“I’m done for the day so if anyone ask for me, you could just adjust them to the other time.”

“Okay, sir.”

Myungsoo nodded. “That’s it then –wait, Sunhwa. Did Naeu—Miss Son in her room right now?”

“She’s finished the meeting with the CEO just now. She’s in her room.”

Myungsoo frowned. “Naeun’s meeting with my father without my knowledge?”

“It’s spontaneous, sir. And it's only both of them were in the CEO’s room. ”

“What’s the meeting about?”

“I’m sorry I don’t know, sir.”

“Alright, thank you.” Myungsoo pressed the button again and the line cut off.

He tilted his head, frowning. But then he shrugged off and grabbed his coat before making sure all his laptop and documents are neatly arranged on the table before walked off from his room. He nodded curtly at his secretary before went straight to Naeun’s office room.

He knocked on the wooden door twice before he heard a soft ‘come in’ voice from inside.

Naeun looked up from her phone and smiled when Myungsoo opened the door and peeked in.

“My my, what do I do to own the pleasure to have the busy young CEO in my office room?” She grinned.

“Aren’t you supposed to invite me in or something?” Myungsoo turned to look at the hallways before turned back to Naeun’s face. “The workers are watching.”

Naeun laughed. “I thought you usually barged in, Mr Kim? You never asked for my permission before, why today?”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes before walked in and closed the door behind him before plopped into the chair across Naeun’s.

“I heard you met my father just now?” Usually Myungsoo need to be in the meetings – to watch and learn – especially the one that involved management craps because Naeun is one of the main managers that watched all the in-and-out projects.

Myungsoo caught Naeun’s smile faded a bit before she grinned widely back. “Oh that.” She put her phone aside and closed a document in front of her. “About the project in China – I think I want to take it as mine, under my wing.”

Myungsoo frowned. “Which project?”

Naeun snorted. “Really Myungsoo? Which project?”

Myungsoo blinked. “You didn’t mean the one in Beijing, right? That one was still in discussion.” He gasped.

Naeun shook her head. “Not anymore, Myungsoo. I received an email this morning saying that we got the green light for it. Seriously Myungsoo, did you ever check your email before?”

Myungsoo sighed. “I must be missed that one.”

Naeun cleaned up her papers. “The thing is – I want to go there. That’s why I go and met your father just now. I just proposed and your father said we are going to have an official meeting for this, to choose the partner and the main things.”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened. “Wait –China? You want to go to china?”

Naeun shot him a look. “What? You think I’m not capable of handling the project?”

Myungsoo quickly shook his head. “No, of course you can handle it well.” Naeun is good at these – talking, managing and directing. That’s why she became one of the important managers in the company. She’s always go for outstation for weeks and month

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter