001

It Has To Be You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One

You fixed the strap your grey backpack on your left shoulder as you were passing by a few students on the way to your homeroom. Most of the students were still lingering in the hallways, picking up books from their lockers or simply standing aside for gossiping. They still had 20 minutes to go before the first bell rang. You looked up as somebody called your name once you had just entered your homeroom.

“Sooyeon!”

You grinned as made your way towards Jiyeon─your best friend and your seatmate. “You are early,” you commented with a sarcastic tone.

Jiyeon pouted and gently slapped your arm once you were seated beside her. “Oh god! I’m not always that late.”

You let out a small giggle as you slipped your bag down. Jiyeon was a loud, friendly and talkative friend of yours. She was your energy pill. You guys had known each other since you were ten years old, back when you had just moved to Seoul with your aunt.

“Alright, alright,” you said in defeat. “So how are you?”

“I had the most boring summer break ever,” she started a topic after heaving a sigh. “I had to babysit my neighbour’s son. And their son was ing naughty.”

You grinned while listening to her story. “Should I say... “wah, I’m glad to hear that!”?” you made a joke before you caught Jiyeon shooting a dead glare towards you immediately. Her eyes squinted as she glared at you and her brows knitted closely. You got this kind of gift; you were actually good in observing people in your surroundings, you knew what they felt right away once you caught their facial expressions thanks to your interest in watching people’s behaviour. Growing up alone made you put cautious steps in everything you did, including the thing about choosing friends.

That was why the first impression was important to you.

You knew you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but still, if the person is naturally good then whatever he does, it’s going to come out well too, right?

Despite Jiyeon’s bitter face, you were still smiling at her. “Aish, I’m just teasing dude,” you poked her arm lightly and in an instant, Jiyeon’s pretty smile was plastered on her face.

“It still . I told my mom I won’t babysit him again. It was such a nightmare,” she shrugged. “How was your holiday?”

Her question was kind of simple but with that, your smile faded. “Ah mine?” you cleared your throat. “It’s─”

A noise─or squeals─of a bunch of female students’ hit your eardrums before you could finish your words. Both of you looked up at the door and in a queue, four male students entered your class followed by a group of their fangirls. Your eyes were automatically locked up with his without any intention.

Jiyeon rolled her eyes. “Stupid fangirls,” she muttered, a little loud enough for your ears to catch.

Her words pulled you back to reality as you broke the eye contact and turned your gaze to her. “Eoh?”

“I don’t even get what’s so amazing about Infinite. I mean, yeah sure they are handsome, nice and rich whatsoever but that’s it. They will never respond to you if you confess to them. Nothing else. That’s why I said, stupid fangirls.”

You smiled at her. “I thought you fell for Sungyeol?”

Jiyeon’s eyes widened at your remark. “They might hear you, you stupid,” she hissed as the four male walked past the both of you, heading towards their desks.

 “They won’t hear it,” you let out a small giggle as Jiyeon’s face turned scarlet. “Or maybe if they heard it, they will act like they didn’t, as you said,” you referred to the fangirls who were still looking like a bunch of idiots standing outside of the class, stalking their favorites─no, more like peeping actually.

“It was just a stupid crush, Sooyeon. And it was on our first year duh.”

You grinned. “Then why is your face red like tomatoes, sweetheart?”

Jiyeon pinched your arm and you let out a small ouch immediately. “I don’t want to talk to you anymore!” she huffed and looked at the front to calm her mad self. Your grin became wider. You knew Jiyeon was not mad at you. She was just having a mental break down at your tease. She loved you anyway.

Your phone was beeping a second later, indicating there was a message received. You took a glance at Jiyeon before tapping on your phone screen.

“Is it true that Jiyeon used to have a stupid crush on my Sungyeol?”

Your eyes widened for a moment after reading the message. You quickly turned around and saw his smirk right away. He raised his left eyebrow at you and you rolled your eyes before turning back your body to the front. Your fingers moved fast, replying to his message.

“You better keep it a secret.”

You received a reply in no time.

“Oh well, another secret to be kept.”

You thought your theory could be applied to everybody. But you were so wrong about this particular man. Oh boy.

 

 

“Faster, Jiyeon. I’m hungry.”

You nudged Jiyeon with your left elbow as you both were walking towards your usual spot in the café. She grinned at you and muttered a fake sorry before walking faster. The students would normally come like a wave on an empty tidal in any soon, and you hated crowd a lot. 

You put your tray on the table and pulled the chair for yourself. “They are noisy.”

Jiyeon nodded as she took a sit in front of you. “Very.”

Not long after, you heard squeals coming from afar which made you sigh as you were unwrapping your sandwich. For

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter