Chapter 27

Hyungie, Daddy and Papa

When they arrived at their CEO office, Jungryul already in there with their CEO.  “Hi kids! How was your day off?” Jungyeop as a caring CEO asks Infinite’s member. “Really great!” Sungjong say full of enthusiasm. “That’s good. But I heard someone make a fussed..” Jungyeop look at Woohyun and Sunggyu. Woohyun growl under his breath, “I’m worried, ok..” Jungyeop smirk on Woohyun remarks. He knows what happens. Actually Woohyun was also called him to ask about Sunggyu. To be honest, he also worried, but not as extreme Woohyun. 

 

Woohyun look at his CEO. He knows that Sunggyu is his favorite and he also know that Jungyeop also worried about Sunggyu. “It’s not like you not worried.” Daeryoong told him that their CEO already called him to ask whether Sunggyu with them or not when Woohyun called the twin. “Of course I’m worried but not as extreme as you are.” Jungyeop try to defend himself. “Yeah..I’m the extreme one.. I heard you call everyone to ask where Sunggyu had been.. And I also heard that you cancel…” Before Woohyun can continue his ranting, Sunggyu cut him. “That’s enough. We here not talking about me.” Sunggyu glare at Woohyun and his CEO.

 

Both of them stop immediately their childish argument when they saw how serious Sunggyu are. “Ok. Let’s start our discussion.” Jungyeop sit on his chair. “Well..Since everyone was busy with individual activities, your comeback will be delayed to April.” To be honest Sunggyu didn’t like it. He wants to be on stage with . “Don’t worry about it; I think it's a good move. We need to do the best for this comeback. So, I already start to collect good things for your comeback. Since it’s going to be your full length album, I don’t want to rush about it. I want it to be the best.” Jungyeop try to ease their mind.

 

“Hoya and Myungsoo will busy with filming while Sunggyu will busy in a variety show. Sungyeol, I want you to go audition for new drama that will air on KBS and Sungjong will do MCing.” Sungjong really excited with his new individual project. “Really? Hyung?” Jungyeop just smile when he sees Sungjong’s bright smile. “Yes Sungjong-ah..and you all will start new variety show for TVn, This Is Infinite. You will start filming soon. Jungryul will tell you the detail.” Everyone really excited with their new project. It had been a while since their Ranking King.

 

Woohyun look at his CEO, “How about me?” Jungyeop look at his file. “You will do a special project.” Woohyun raise his brow, ‘special project.’ “I just got a proposal from SM, you will make subunit with Key,” Jungyeop said calmly. Everyone shocked by the announcement. “Why so sudden? Did Key know about this?” Woohyun ask his CEO. “I believe he will get to know today.” Woohyun frown and he look at Sunggyu’s face. Sunggyu’s face was unreadable for Woohyun. Jungyeop can see uneasiness on Woohyun’s face, “Why? You don’t like it?”

 

“No..of..course not. I.. I’m really excited.” Woohyun stutter. “Good.” Sunggyu look at their CEO, “Why so sudden?” Sunggyu was asking with a displeased tone. It’s not he didn’t like it or jealous with the opportunity that Woohyun get. He knows that Woohyun deserve it, just like when he gets the opportunity to make his solo album, but it seems off somewhere. “Is this because of the merger?” Sunggyu ask again. Jungyeop sigh with the question. To be honest, he didn’t want to make them worry about it. “Whatever the reason, it’s still a good opportunity for Woohyun, right?” Sunggyu sigh and reluctantly nods. ‘It is a good opportunity for Woohyun. But why I feel ‘something unpleasant’ in my heart..?

 

“Ok. If you all don’t have anything to say we will dismiss now. Jungryul will explain later about your new variety show and for Woohyun, you will meet your mini album team with key this afternoon for further discussions.” Everyone just nods. When everyone starts to walk out of the room, Jungyeop call Sunggyu’s name. “Sunggyu, I want to speak with you. Everyone can check your schedule with Gaonam.” Sunggu sit back on the sofa. When everyone already out, Jungyeop give Sunggyu Infinite schedule’s file to Sunggyu. It’s containing not just Infinite’s schedules, but also individual schedules. It’s a routine for Sunggyu, after all he is the leader.

 

“Where did you go this weekend?” Jungyeop ask. Without tearing his eyes from the files, Sunggyu answer, “Didn’t Jungryul Hyung told you, Hyung?” Jungyeop sigh. “He just told me that you went to Jaejoong’s party with Heechul and stay there that night.” Sunggyu nods while reading and take a note for their schedules. “Yeah..” Jungyeop eyes still on Sunggyu. “You know you should tell someone, right?” Sunggyu sigh. ‘There you go.. my ears will bleed today..

 

Sunggyu look at Jungyeop, he need to stop this conversation! “I’m sorry ok.. I didn’t mean to make everyone worry about me. Beside we suppose to back that night, but Jaejoong Hyung has offered us to stay. Since both of us didn’t have any schedules the next day.” Jungyeop sigh again. “You should call us. You should tell one of us or at least pick up your phone... Do you know how worried we are?” Instead of using ‘CEO’ tone, Jungyeop use ‘father’ tone. Jungyeop know that Sunggyu have a special place in his heart, he cares like a father to this young man. Sunggyu always feel bad when Jungyeop turn into concern father to him. He feels bad to make his CEO worried about him. “I’m really sorry..I’m.. I’m too drunk to call or even to pick up my phone.. I promise it will not happen again.”

 

Jungyeop squint his eyes when he heard the words ‘too drunk’ and Sunggyu know that he just said something that he should not say, ‘I’m doomed…’ Jungyeop didn’t know that Sunggyu drunk that night or as Sunggyu said, ‘too drunk’. Jungryul didn’t tell him about it. It’s either Jungryul didn’t know or Jungryul didn’t want to tell him. “Too drunk? Did Jungryul know about it?” Sunggyu shrug mean he also didn’t know. Jungyeop give a stern look to Sunggyu. “I didn’t know, ok..” Sunggyu said immediately. “What do you mean you didn’t know?” Sunggyu gulp, he didn’t like his situation right now. It’s like he's being interrogated by a police officer!

 

“I..I didn’t know..Hee...Heechul Hyung the one that talked with Jungryul Hyung..” Sunggyu stammer with his words. “Why you didn’t tell him by yourself?” Jungyeop still continue interrogating Sunggyu. “I.. I’m afraid…” Sunggyu said with a low voice. Sunggyu eyes were focused on his feet. “Why you afraid? Jungryul your manager, you the one who need to make explanations, not Heechul.” Sunggyu fidgeting in his seat, “I.. I’m afraid Jungryul Hyung will scold me. And… and Heechul Hyung insisted that he will explain to Jungryul Hyung.” Sunggyu still did not dare to look at Jungyeop.

 

“What I told you about drinking?” Jungyeop ask again. Since he knows about Sunggyu habits when he drunk, he already forbid Sunggyu from getting drunk in front of people that he barely knows. Jungyeop actually was the first person that noticed Sunggyu’s habit when he gets drunk. Sunggyu will turn to super cute-adorable-fluffy hamster when he drunk and people usually can’t resist that charm. Before his debut, Sunggyu almost get kidnapped by some weird ahjjumma because his super cuteness charm. Because of that, he forbid Sunggyu from getting drunk in front of people that he didn’t know, it’s just for his own safety!

 

“Tell me what I told you about drinking, Sunggyu.” Jungyeop repeats his question sternly. “Do.. Do not.. get.. get drunk.. In front of people that I barely know..” Sunggyu manage to finish his sentence despite his stuttering. Sunggyu really nervous and he thinks he is going to cry if Jungyeop yell at him. “Then why you still do it? Don’t you forget what happened before?!” Jungyeop can’t help but shout at Sunggyu, he just really worried. That's it. That is the last straw Sunggyu has. Sunggyu really shocked with the sudden shout and the memories about he was almost being kidnapped flash in his mind. “I’m sorry…” Sunggyu said while still looking at the floor and he can’t stop his tear from falling.