Chapter 4

Hyungie, Daddy and Papa

It’s almost 3 in the morning when everyone starts to leave. Neither Heechul nor Jaejoong can drink in peace that night. Both of them are worried and angry at the same time with that certain clinging drunk hamster. Sunggyu clings to Junhyung most of the time. Drunken Sunggyu mean Clinging Sunggyu. After Junhyung passed out Sunggyu went to Zico. Junhyung already went home one hour ago with his manager. Heechul and Jaejoong go to talk to others, but their eyes never left Sunggyu.

 

When Zico wants to leave, Sunggyu didn’t want to let him go and keeps whining at Zico. Heechul try to pry Sunggyu’s hand from Zico’s arm but failed. “Sunggyu-yah…let go of Zico..”, Heechul try to coax the baby hamster. “No! Gyugyu wants Zico!” Sunggyu put his hand on Zico’s neck and push him down when he try to get up. Zico lands his on the soft sofa. “Sunggyu!” Heechul almost shout at Sunggyu. “Meanie Hyung. Gyugyu doesn’t want meanie Hyung. Gyugyu wants Zico.” Sunggyu rumbles on Zico neck. Zico just giggles with his adorable Hyung antics. Zico hugs Sunggyu and rub his back to comfort him. “Zico!!! Hurry up!” Simon shouts from the door, but Sunggyu didn’t want to let him go. “Gyugyu-ah..Zico need to go back.. Let him go, baby..” Heechul try again, but that makes Sunggyu tightened his hug. “NO!” Sunggyu said stubbornly.

 

Jaejoong who watching from afar come to see his baby. Heechul used full force this time to pry Sunggyu from Zico and its success this time. “Go!” Heechul instructs Zico. With one hand Heechul tighten his grip on Sunggyu waist while the other hand, force Sunggyu head on his shoulder. Sunggyu try to free himself, but not available. Sunggyu mumbles on Heechul’s shoulder, “Gyugyu want Zico. Gyugyu didn’t want meanie Hyung”. Zico feels sad to see his Hyung like that. “Should I bring him to our dorm?” Zico asks. It’s not a big deal after all. Besides, he doesn’t have any schedule tomorrow. “NO!” Heechul and Jaejoong answer at the same time. Zico shocked with Heechul and Jaejoong reaction.“err...ok”, Zico answer to both of them. “Better you go now Zico. Don’t worry about Sunggyu, we can handle him.” Heechul told Zico. “Go. Go. Go.” Heechul repel Zico since he can herd a little sob from Sunggyu. “Bye bye Hyung”.

 

After saying goodbye to Simon D and Zico, Jaejoong come to Heechul and Sunggyu. Heechul cradles Sunggyu whispering sweet words in Sunggyu’s ear. Sunggyu stop sobbing, but still hugging Heechu while his face buried into Heechul’s neck. “He’s ok now, Heechul Hyung?” Jaejoong ask Heechul. With the current state, Heechul just nodded.

 

Heechul can hear the soft snores from Sunggyu. Slowly he lay Sunggyu on the sofa. Sunggyu open his eyes a little and whines when Heechul try to pry his hand from Heechul’s neck. “Shh…shhh…hyungie here…”, Heechul try to coax his baby dongsaeng and sits on the sofa with Sunggyu’s legs on his tights. Heechul patting Sunggyu’s legs to encourages the boy to sleep again. Jaejoong sits on the sofa beside Heechul and Sunggyu.

 

“Sorry about it Jaejoong-ah.. I didn’t know he will drink like this”, Heechul said with a low voice, he didn’t want Sunggyu to wake up. “It’s ok, Hyung”, Jaejoong gives an assured smile to Heechul. “ Is he always like this?”, Jaejoong ask while his hand Sunggyu’s hair. “Well… I also didn’t know..”, Heechul said with a confused look. “ I never saw his 4 modes at once”.

 

“4 modes?”, Jaejoong ask to know more about it. “ I already saw all four modes, but never at once.” Heechul said while looking the sleeping hamster. “ First mode is Bubbly Sunggyu. It’s normal for him to be bubbly around his Hyungs. Besides, he usually in that mode when he’s with me. But suddenly he changes into Leader Gyu.” Heechul frowns when he said Leader Gyu. “Leader Gyu?”, Jaejoong confused.

 

“When both of you back from the bathroom. The way he talked, it’s more to Leader Gyu – more cautious, more distance. I hate that mode. It’s just like I can’t reach him. He’s too far. And as expected, he turned into Clinging Hamster when he’s drunk. That’s also something suspicious, he usually will not drink like that, especially in the Leader Gyu mode. And then lastly, the one that makes chaos now, Aegy Gyu.” Heechul explain to Jaejoong while his hand still patting Sunggyu’s legs. Heechul can see frowning on Jaejoong face. “Aegy Gyu just only shows when he’s sick. That’s why I’m a bit confused when it shows that side tonight. Not everyone can see Clinging Hamster and Aegy Gyu modes, just people that close to him can see it. Usually he just shows Leader Gyu or Bubbly Sunggyu”. Jaejoong just nodded with Heechul’s explanation.

 

“It’s not an easy thing to be KIM SUNGGYU. He need to take care s and take all responsibility for every action that Infinite done. Even it’s not his fault, he still the one that will be scolded first. I think that the prices to be a leader of the group. He also needs to fill broadcasting demands, not just in singing but also in variety shows. People label him as blue chip in variety shows. Genius of variety shows. It is a compliment indeed, but also a burden to him. People keep wanting more from him. No mistake should be made. And recently, about the merger. Many speculations and things happened the Infinite, and as a pillar, he need to be strong for others and It’s really affecting him. But he still tries his best not to show it. And I just wanna help him to forget. Forget about his responsibility and just enjoy this life. I was his place to ‘ESCAPEDIA’, Jaejoong-ah….”. Jaejoong just nodded. ‘And I will always be his ‘escapedia’, Heechul continue in his mind.

 

Heechul and Jaejoong talks for another 1 hour. It’s not easy and rare for them to get a chance like this. They just talk about random things, everything and anything. “I think it’s time for us to get going”, Heechul told Jaejoong. To be honest, Jaejoong still not satisfied, he still want to see the sleeping hamster. He didn’t know when he will get the chance to meet his baby hamster again.

 

“Hyung, just sleep here. Besides, it’s already 4 in the morning.”Jaejoong suggested to Heechul. “You don’t have any schedule for tomorrow, right Hyung? Besides, Sunggyu also has 2 days off”, Rather than answering Jaejoong’s question, Heechul throw another question. “How do you know that he has 2 days off? Did he tell you?”, Heechul try to hide his uneasiness. “No Hyung. I just heard he told Junhyung and Zico”. Heechul just nodded. “Ok, if you say so”, Heechul give his charming smile to Jaejoong.

 

“We can sleep in my room. Don’t worry Hyung, my bed has enough space for us. It’s can fit 4 persons on it”, Jaejoong chuckled after he said that. “Why you need that such big bed? You really weird Kim Jaejoong”, Jaejoong just laughed at Heechul remark. “I need to go to the toilet first”, slowly Heechul lift Sunggyu’s legs and get up from the sofa.

 

Jaejoong get up and sit beside Sunggyu. “You look such a perfect baby..”, Jaejoong Sunggyu bangs. Without waiting for Heechul, Jaejoong try to lift Sunggyu. Jaejoong make Sunggyu sit and put Sunggyu’s hand around his neck. Sunggyu whines when his sleep being disrupted. Jaejoong put Sunggyu’s head on his shoulder and when he hears Sunggyu’s whining, he rubs Sunggyu’s back. “Shh..shhh.. baby.. go back to sleep..”. Jaejoong put his hands under Sunggyu’s and scoop him up. Sunggyu starts to whimper when Jaejoong lift him up. “Shh..shh…baby..we are just going to the bed, baby..”, Jaejoong speeds his steps. He didn’t want to wake up his baby.

 

When they got in the room, Jaejoong put Sunggyu at the center of the bed. “ There you go baby boy.. Sweet dream baby…”, Jaejoong kiss Sunggyu’s forehead.

 

Heechul’s pov

When Heechul back from the toilet, he’s on the verge of panic when he didn’t see his baby dongsaeng. He went to the Jaejoong’s room and surprise with the picture that he saw. He saw Jaejoong kiss Sunggyu’s forehead! Why he kissed Sunggyu? Jaejoong should not do that. No. Jaejoong cannot do that! Sunggyu is his in the first place! Did I make the wrong decision by bringing Sunggyu here tonight? Did my curiosity just eat me back?