Chapter 3

Hyungie, Daddy and Papa

Sunggyu come closer to see what Jaejoong is doing. Jaejoong is in the middle of cutting the fruits for the guest. “Do you need help, Hyung?”, Sunggyu ask politely. “It’s ok Sunggyu-yah..Hyung can manage”, Jaejoong smile to Sunggyu. There’s no way he will give his baby using the knife. “But I wanna help..”, rather than talking to Jaejoong, it’s more whisper to himself but of course Jaejoong can hear it. Not just that, Jaejoong also see Sunggyu look at the table with pouty lips. ‘He’s so adorable’, that’s what Jaejoong think in his head. The most important thing is, Jaejoong can’t ignore the pouting hamster. “Did you really want to help, Sungggyu-yah..?” Jaejoong ask the sulking hamster. With sparkles eyes Sunggyu looks at Jaejoong. “ Yes, hyung!”, Sunggyu answer eagerly. Jaejoong just laugh to see Sunggyu’s adorableness. Jaejoong gives Sunggyu a knife and pears. “Can you peel this pears for Hyung, Sunggyu-yah..?”, Jaejoong ask. “eung!”, Sunggyu nod eagerly. “Sooo cute!”, Jaejoong ruffles Sunggyu’s hair. “Hyung…~~~ My hair…~~~” , Sunggyu whines. Jaejoong just laugh. ‘Yoochun and Junsu should see this cute little hamster antics’, Jaejoong speaks in his heart. “ Be careful Sunggyu-yah..”

 

Sunggyu try his best to peel the pears. To be honest, he’s not really good at using a knife. They in silence and that make Sunggyu feel stuffy. “I though it’s your birthday parties tonight, hyung..” Sunggyu try to make conversation with Jaejoong. “ Yes, it is. An early birthday celebration”, Jaejoong chuckle with his own words. “Early birthday celebration?” Sunggyu ask confusedly. “Hyung has schedules for that day. Besides, it’s been a while I can see my friends. Rather than a birthday party, I think it’s more to gathering party. We all been too busy, no time to see each other. I think it’s a good time to catch up and have fun with friends ”, Jaejoong smiles and look at Sunggyu who struggles with the knife. “Be careful with the knife, baby”,Jaejoong said to Sunggyu with a worried tone.

 

Sunggyu feel heat rush on his face when he heard Jaejoong call him baby. Sunggyu stop peeling and looks at Jaejoong. “Don’t worry, Hyung..Ouch!”. Sunggyu just cut his own finger. Sunggyu drops the knife on the table. “Sunggyu-yah..!” Jaejoong drops everything that he hold and go to see Sunggyu’s bleeding finger. “Are you ok, baby?”, Jaejoong take Sunggyu finger when he tries to his cut. “Don’t the cut, baby”. Heechul comes to see what happened while Simon D, Hyunjung and Zico trail behind him. “What happened?”, Heechul ask really worried. “Nothing, Hyung. Just a small cut”, Sunggyu saying to Heechul. “Let me see it.”, Heechul grab Sunggyu’s hand to inspect the cut. Before Heechul can say anything, Jaejoong cut everything. “I will take care Sunggyu’s cut, Hyung.”. Heechul try to protest, but being cut again. “Don’t worry Hyung. I will take care Sunggyu. Can you please finish the fruits, Hyung?”, Jaejoong ask. “Why me?”, Heechul try to protest, he wants to be with his baby dongsaeng. Jaejoong roll his eyes and ignore Heechul’s protest.“Please don’t ask the kids to do it, Hyung. I don’t want any cuts and bleeding anymore.” Jaejoong said while looking at Junhyung and Zico. “We not a kid, hyung..~~~”, both of them try to complain. “No complaining kids. Go to the living room and do other stuff. Hyung bought new video games. It’s in the cabinet. Go and play. The kitchen is off limit for both of you.” Junhyung and Zico grumbles while heading to the living room. Jaejoong bring Sunggyu to the bathroom to clean the cut meanwhile Heechul and Simon D in the kitchen, cutting the fruits. “Don’t even think to run away Simon. Get your here and cut this ing fruit.” Heechul growls under his breath.

 

Jaejoong bring Sunggyu to the bathroom where his first aid had been stored. He rinses the cut first to clean it. After that, he makes Sunggyu sit on the toilet and take the first aid. Sunggyu hold his hand. “It’s just a small cut, Hyung”, Sunggyu trying to calm his worried Hyung. To be honest, Sunggyu didn’t understand why Jaejoong (and Heechul) so work up by just a small cut. Jaejoong ignore Sunggyu and take the first aid. “Did daddy told you to be careful with the knife? From now on the kitchen is off limit for you!”, Jaejoong said with a little bit shout to Sunggyu. Jaejoong didn’t even realize that he used word ‘daddy’. Sunggyu a little bit shocked by the high tone from Jaejoong and confused with the words ‘daddy’. Sunggyu didn’t have time to think when he felt stings on his finger. Jaejoong kneel on his knee in front of Sunggyu and put antiseptic on Sunggyu’s cut.

 

“tsskk..”, Sunggyu frown from the stings. Jaejoong feel bad for his baby but he need to be firm. “Answer me baby, did I tell you to be careful?” Jaejoong said, still in a firm tone. Sunggyu feel so small right now. He feels like a naughty little kid that had been scolded by his father. “Ye.. yes..”, Sunggyu stutter. Feel afraid with Jaejoong. Sunggyu try to fight the tears from falling down. This is the side that he never shows in broadcast even not everyone can see this side of Sunggyu. He rarely cried in the broadcast, he didn’t even cry when Infinite got first win in the music show. People may think Dongwoo is the crybaby in the Infinite but actually Sunggyu is the true crybaby in the group. He even cries from the single “yah!” from his CEO.

 

“After this kitchen is off limit for you, understand?”, Jaejoong still use a firm tone to Sunggyu. Sunggyu can’t prevent the tears anymore. He really sad with the way Jaejoong talk to him. Jaejoong finish cleaning Sunggyu’s cut and put Pororo bandaid on his finger. “Answer me, baby. Do you understand?”. Jaejoong lift up his head to see Sunggyu’s face. He really shocked to see his baby crying silently. “Aww baby…why you cry, baby boy..?” Jaejoong try to coax his  baby boy. Jaejoong use his thumb to shed his baby tears, but it’s made his baby crying more. Now he can hear a sob from his baby. Jaejoong stand up and put his hands on both Sunggyu’s arms. Jaejoong make his crying baby standing in front of him. “Tell me why you cry, baby..?”, Jaejoong ask and really worried at Sunggyu. The question just makes Sunggyu cry even more. Jaejoong hugs his baby. Jaejoong sit on the toilet seat and make Sunggyu sit on his laps. Sunggyu buried his face in Jaejoong’s shoulder. Sunggyu still crying and Jaejoong rub Sunggyu’s back to calm him down. “Shh..shhh..baby..”, Jaejoong trying to coax his baby. “ Tell me why you cry, baby..So daddy can help you, baby…”, Jaejoong still trying.

 

After around 5 minutes, Sunggyu calm down, but his head still on Jaejoong’s shoulder. “You..you mad at me…” Sunggyu mumbles on Jaejoong shoulder. “Daddy didn’t  mad at you baby..Daddy just worried..Shhh…shhh…”. One of Jaejoong’s hand secure at Sunggyu’s waist while the other hand rubbing Sunggyu’s back. Slowly Sunggyu lift his head and look at Jaejoong with red and teary eyes. “Re..really? You..you didn’t mad at gyugyu?” Sunggyu pouting. Jaejoong just chuckle. “ Of course not baby.. you my precious baby..”, Jaejoong wipe the remaining tears on Sunggyu’s chubby cheek. Jaejoong take a tissue and put on Sunggyu’s nose. “Blow your nose, baby”, Jaejoong instructs his baby boy. Sunggyu blow his nose like a good boy. “That’s my little baby boy. Sooo clever”, Jaejoong ruffles Sunggyu’s hair. “Now let’s wash your face first. We can’t be in the bathroom too long. If not, Heechul Hyung will come here to find you”, Jaejoong stand up and bring Sunggyu to the sink. He helps Sunggyu washes his face. Meanwhile Sunggyu just like back to the reality when he heard Heechul name. ‘What the hell I’m doing?’, Sunggyu ask himself.

 

Sunggyu pov

 

What the hell I’m doing? Why did I let Jaejoong Hyung do that to me? And the most important thing is why I enjoyed it? I’m trailing behind Jaejoong Hyung while my hand in his hand. Oh God.. What’s wrong with me? I think I want to pull my hair right now! When we enter the kitchen, Heechul Hyung still there, waiting for us. “Are you ok, baby..?”, He asks me. Ok, why everyone  calling me ‘baby’? I look at Heechul Hyung with a blank expression. “Gyugyu-ah.. Heechul Hyung asked you a question..”. Gyugyu?Gyugyu?! I look at Jaejoong Hyung with horror. Why did he call me ‘Gyugyu’? Did I slip my tongue while we in the bathroom? But I’m not even drunk and definitely perfectly healthy. Oh God..What did I do..?

 

Heechul pov

 

I look at the two enter the kitchen. I can see a frown on Sunggyu’s face, just like he’s thinking something really serious. I asked him whether he is ok or not, instead of giving an answer, he just gave me a blank expression. It must be something that bothers him. The thing that’s shocking me is Jaejoong call him ‘Gyugyu’. There are not many people that call him like that. He even didn’t like that pet name, he said it’s too childish – he always said that he needs to maintain his image as the leader of the Infinite.  There just have two situations that he uses that pet name, first – when he’s drunk, I mean when he really drunk and second – when he’s sick. I definitely sure he’s not, neither drunk or sick. Can that small cut can be classified as a ‘sick’? I can see horror on Sunggyu’s face when Jaejoong call him ‘Gyugyu’.

 

No one pov

 

Jaejoong can see uneasiness on Sunggyu’s face. “Are you ok baby Gyugyu? Do you need some water?”, Jaejoong ask with concern. Sunggyu frown with the pet name. Heechul can see the frown and know why the frown comes out. “No, thank you, Hyung. I’m fine. Let’s start the party. Everyone already waiting”. Sunggyu turn his body and walk into the living room. Heechul know that Sunggyu switch to the ‘leader’ mode right now. It’s really rare for Sunggyu being in ‘leader mode’ while with his Hyungs especially him. It’s made Heechul worry with his beloved dongsaeng.

 

Jaejoong just look his baby walk away. Jaejoong confuse with the sudden change. “Let’s go Jae. Everyone is waiting”, Heechul remind his confused friend. Actually, not just Jaejoong that confused, Heechul also confused with the sudden ‘leader’ mode. But the most confused right now is, Sunggyu himself. He keeps asking himself why he easily let down his guard around Jaejoong. Even with Heechul it’s taking time for him to open up.

 

The party started. Everyone has a good time (maybe not everyone). Hongki sing his own song with full hearted while JongHoon busy with the mixing the alcohol. Simon D talks with people. Meanwhile Sunggyu take a seat beside his bestfriend, Junhyung. Zico keeps drinking and pour the liquor in Sunggyu and Junhyung glass. Sunggyu had made the decision to get drunk tonight, since he didn’t want to think anything. Sunggyu not a good drinker, he had already felt tipsy with just a bottle of Soju but he keeps drinking. There are two men that looking intensely at Sunggyu. Heechul worried to see Sunggyu drinking non stop, since Sunggyu will not drink like that unless he’s been with someone that he really trusted. Meanwhile Jaejoong didn’t like Sunggyu drink a lot since he knows that boy will suffer tomorrow morning. He didn’t like to see his baby in pain.