Chapter 9

Hyungie, Daddy and Papa

After Heechul end up his call, he looks at Sunggyu. He really wants to spend his day just with Sunggyu. ‘What a great news..’ He thought in his mind. Heechul sigh. “Sunggyu-ah..Hyung needs to record WGM today,” Heechul said with a sad tone. Sunggyu stop eating his strawberry. He looks at Heechul and just nod. Sunggyu can’t hide his disappointment. “Hyungie really sorry, baby.” Heechul Sunggyu thigh. “It’s OK, Hyung. We can play another time,” Sunggyu give assuring smile to Heechul.

 

“How about Hyungie call Wookie Hyung? He will be glad to have you as his accompany. I am sure he didn’t have any schedule today,” Heechul said in coaxes tone. “I will be fine, Hyung. Don’t worry. Besides, I don’t feel to do anything today.” Sunggyu try to convince Heechul but, Heechul give disapproving looks to Sunggyu.

 

“No, Sunggyu. You will be alone for two days. And I also know that you will just sleep without even eating. So, you will not be alone. Hyung will call Wookie Hyung. Or you want to be with Shindong Hyung or maybe Junhyung?” Heechul said while he unlock his phone.

 

Sunggyu roll his eyes and put the bowl on the coffee table. He looks at Heechul who try to call someone. Sunggyu take Heechul’s phone. Heechul looks really displeased with Sunggyu’s action. Heechul give very stern looks to Sunggyu, “Give my phone back, Sunggyu.”

 

Sunggyu didn’t even waver with the venomous tone that Heechul used. “I will give it back to you if you promise you will not call Ryeowook Hyung or Shindong Hyung,” Sunggyu said while still looking at Heechul. It’s just like a staring contest between these two. None of them want to back off. “Ok, fine.” Heechul said at last.

 

Sunggyu smiles for his victory. “My phone back, please” Heechul ask nicely. Sunggyu put Heechul’s phone in his palm. “Good boy.. Then.. You will go with me to the filming set.” Sunggyu really shocked! His eyes just like going to pop out from the socket. “What?!!!”

 

“You hear me, kid. If you didn’t want me to call them, then you will go with me,” Heechul smirk to see Sunggyu reaction. ‘You will never win against me, Gyu-ahh..’

 

Sunggyu shakes his head, “No. I will not go with you”. Sunggyu said furiously. ‘No, I will never go there on my day off. I would rather sleep in my dorm. That’s already a heaven to me.’ Sunggyu can see smirk on Heechul’s face. Sunggyu really didn’t believe in what he already heard. It’s not the first time he is being alone in the dorm. He’s not a kid that needs a babysitter. But he also know, it’s kind of difficult (really difficult!) to win over Heechul. “I’m not a kid, Hyung. I don’t need a babysitter to look after me.”

 

Heechul can see how persistent Sunggyu. Even he knows he will win no matter what, but he also knows it’s will be an ‘ugly’ win. He tries to use soft approaches. Heechul hugs Sunggyu’s waist and lean Sunggyu’s body to his chest. Heechul kiss Sunggyu’s head. “Hyungie already promised with Jungryul Hyung to look after you, Gyugyu…. Hyungie didn’t want Gyugyu feel lonely and alone at the dorm…” Heechul can see Sunggyu give in a little.

 

Sunggyu have a thought for a while. Yes, he will feel lonely. But it’s just today and tomorrow. Even tomorrow night his band mates will back from their short vacation. He can sleep all his want today and tomorrow without any disturbance. It will be great! To think like that, he pries himself from Heechul’s embrace. “No. I will not come with you and I don’t want Ryewook Hyung or Shindong Hyung or Junhyung or anyone else to look after me. I am full of capable to look after myself,” Sunggyu said with a firm tone. ‘He will not back off!’

 

“KIM SUNGGYU” Heechul said in a firm tone (really firm) too. To be honest, Sunggyu waver a little too. Heechul really try to contain his anger. ‘How come his polite and kind baby, talk like that to him’. If not because there still have other people with them, Sunggyu definitely will be over his knee right now! Heechul didn’t care, he will force his baby to either come with him or stay with his Super Junior’s member. Heechul knows at least there will be one person in Super Junior’s dorm right now.

 

Another staring contest happens between Heechul and Sunggyu. Both of them are too stubborn to back off. They also too absorb in the staring contest until forget the other three that is watching them. Suddenly, Jaejoong clear his throat. Junsu is kind of surprise with Sunggyu stubbornness. “Jaejoong will have tough times too,” Junsu whisper in Yoochun’s ear. Yoochun smile on Junsu remarks.  Jaejoong look at Heechul, “Sunggyu can stay with me.” Now everyone’s eyes on Jaejoong.

 

Heechul and Sunggyu looks at Jaejoong in disbelief. “What??!” Both of them say at the same time. “Well… Since Hyung really concern about Sunggyu being alone.. Emm.. I think he can stay with me. Since I also didn’t have any schedule for today and tomorrow. I would gladly if Sunggyu can accompany me this weekend,” Jaejoong try to explain to Sunggyu and Heechul.

 

Sunggyu’s pov

 

Sunggyu didn’t know what he should think or feel. Did he need to be grateful or worried? ‘Staying with Jaejoong Hyung? Just Jaejoong Hyung? That will be awkward..’ Sunggyu frowns with the idea. ‘Follow Heechul Hyung is really boring. I can die because of bored. Sleeping in the car will make my back hurt as hell. Staying in Super Junior’s dorm? No. No. No. They will bug me every second! I can’t have peace there!’ Sunggyu shakes his head furiously just by thinking staying in Super Junior’s dorm.

 

It’s not that Sunggyu didn’t like his Super Junior Hyung, it’s just that sometime (not just sometimes, but always) they are too loud. He needs his beauty sleep, so staying at Super Junior’s dorm will be big NO. Sunggyu think another option. Sleep in the car while waiting Heechul Hyung? That will kill his back! He needs to practice for Infinite’s comeback after these two days off. I need to be in good condition. So, follow Heechul Hyung to his filming set also a bad idea.

 

The option that left, just staying with Jaejoong Hyung. Yes, it will be an awkward but that’s not too bad, right? He can tell Jaejoong that he will be fine alone in his dorm. He is sure that Jaejoong Hyung will understand. He also hundred percent sure that Jaejoong Hyung said that just to save me from ‘angry and pissed off diva’. After all, Jaejoong Hyung knows better his Diva Hyung.

 

Heechul’s pov

 

Heechul can’t accept it! Staying with Jaejoong? No. Sunggyu can’t stay alone with Jaejoong. Heechul also didn’t know why he is so anxious about it, but what he knows he can’t let that thing happen.

 

Heechul feel like Jaejoong will take Sunggyu from him. Sunggyu already open up for Jaejoong really fast. He didn’t know what going to happen if Sunggyu stay with Jaejoong for two days. Heechul just hope Sunggyu will say no. He knows Sunggyu can’t be alone with someone that he barely knows. How fast he opens up for Jaejoong, Heechul know it's still not reach the level that he can be alone with that person. ‘Let have faith with Sunggyu..”

 

Jaejoong’s pov

 

When Jaejoong see Heechul and Sunggyu argue he knows this is his opportunity. He needs to grab it! He will make both of them to say ‘yes’. He need to make Sunggyu want to stay with him this weekend. It’s his only opportunity to grab Sunggyu heart. He will never know when this golden opportunity will come again. He needs a backup. He needs someone to convince these two.

 

“Jaejoong is right, Hyung.” Suddenly Yoochun says. “Since Jaejoong didn’t have any schedule and he will be all alone on this weekend, I think it will be a good for them to be together. Jaejoong can look after Sunggyu. Hyung, you also know that Jaejoong really a good cook. I’m sure he will feed this little hamster,” Yoochun try to convince Heechul. Jaejoong really pleased with Yoochun. ‘I will cook something delicious for him,’ Jaejoong take a mental note about it.

 

“Jaejoong Hyung is a good cook? Really??” Sunggyu said in an excited manner. Jaejoong really pleased to see his baby excited. Jaejoong know he can win! “Of course, Gyu-ah.. Just tell Hyung what you want. Hyung will make it for you.” Jaejoong can see the mischievous grin on Sunggyu’s face. “Anything?” Sunggyu asks cutely. “Anything, baby.” Now Jaejoong sure he will win!

 

Heechul can sense he will lose when Jaejoong talk about food. He knows how much the hamster loves foods (besides sleeping of course). Sunggyu really excited when he knows Jaejoong will cook for him. He knows that Jaejoong is a good cook. Well, who didn’t know about it?

 

Heechul looks at Sunggyu. ‘How comes he betrays me because of food?!!’ Heechul can’t believe it! Heechul waits patiently to see what Sunggyu going to say to them. ‘Please don’t say you want to stay with Jaejoong…’ Heechul pray in his heart.

 

Sunggyu looks at both of his Hyung. After thinking for a while he said, “I think it’s a good idea.” Sunggyu smile at Jaejoong. Heechul felt a ‘pang’ in his heart. ‘How comes he choose Jaejoong over me? Me?!! ME!!!” Heechul shouts in his heart.

 

Heechul know he needs to act cool about it. He put a ‘fake’ smile on his face. “Are you sure, baby?” Heechul pull Sunggyu closer to him. He looks into Sunggyu’s eyes and say, “Hyung will not be here. Are you sure you want to be here alone with Jaejoong?” Heechul try to emphasize the word ‘alone’. Sunggyu gulp and stutter, “er..emm..I..I think..we..we will be o.. ok.” To be honest Sunggyu didn’t sure about it.

 

Sunggyu looks at Jaejoong with ‘unsure’ look. Jaejoong just smile to see his cute baby. Jaejoong sit besides Sunggyu and rub Sunggyu’s arm. “Of course we will be OK, baby…” Jaejoong give assuring smile to Sunggyu.

 

Heechul hate this. Really hate it! He hugs Sunggyu’s waist protectively. “Are you sure, baby?” Heechul ask again. “I’m sure, Hyung.” Sunggyu answer more confident. Heechul try to protest, but his phone rang. It’s his manager. He growls when he sees the caller ID. He picks up the phone with an annoying voice.

 

 “Yes, Hyung. 2 hours?” Heechul growls under his breath. ‘2 hours? Damn! I should not take this project!’ Heechul curse in his mind. ‘2 hours. That means he needs to get going right now. He needs to leave his baby here.’ Heechul looks at Sunggyu with an unreadable expression. Finally, Heechul said to his manager, “I will get going now, Hyung.”

 

Heechul looks at Sunggyu. “Hyungie, need to go now.” Heechul squeeze Sunggyu’s hand. To be honest, he didn’t want to let it go. “Now?” Sunggyu ask surprise. “I thought you said the filming will be in the afternoon,” Sunggyu can’t hide his disappointment. He thinks he can spend a few more hours with Heechul.

 

Heechul can’t look at the disappointed on Sunggyu’s face. Heechul hugs Sunggyu tightly. He put his face on Sunggyu’s shoulder. “Hyungie feels really sorry, baby.” Heechul kiss Sunggyu’s neck. He inhales Sunggyu scent. “Hyungie promise, Hyungie will make it up in another time, k?” Sunggyu just nod.

 

Heechul get up and take his car key on the coffee table. He still hopes that Sunggyu will change his mind and go with him. “I think I need to go now Jae. There has some discussion before the filming. So I need to be there in 2 hours.” Heechul talk to Jaejoong, but his eyes never leave the sad hamster.

 

While Sunggyu, he just looks at the floor. He didn’t know why he feels so sad. The feeling is like his parents sent him to his parent’s friends for them to look after him. He didn’t like the feeling. He almost wants to say that he wants to follow Heechul. But he didn’t want to look like a spoil kid. He needs to be firm with his own decision!

 

Heechul kneel down in front of Sunggyu. He cups Sunggyu’s face to face him. “Don’t you want to send Hyungie, Gyu baby?” Sunggyu gives a small nod. Heechul stand up and put both his hands on Sunggyu’s arm. Heechul make Sunggyu stand on his feet. “Let's send Heechul Hyung to the car, baby.” Jaejoong said and rub Sunggyu’s hair.

 

Not just Jaejoong and Sunggyu that send Heechul but also Yoochun and Junsu. “I think it’s time for me to get going,” Heechul said with a forced smile on his face. Heechul hugs Yoochun and Junsu, “See you again, guys.” Heechul look at Jaejoong and Sunggyu. Heechul hugs Jaejoong first and say, “Please take care my baby dongsaeng.” Jaejoong pat Heechul back, “Don’t worry, Hyung. I will.”

 

Lastly, Heechul hugs Sunggyu tightly. “Be a good boy for Hyungie. Ok baby boy..?” Sunggyu just nod on Heechul’s shoulder. Heechul pat Sunggyu’s a few of times. Usually Sunggyu didn’t like it and will whine over it, but this time he’s not. “Call me if Jaejoong Hyung bullies you,” Heechul try to humor Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu put his hand on Heechul neck. He really didn’t want to let it go. “Hyungie will scold him for you if he dares to bully my little baby,” Heechul rub Sunggyu’s back. Try to calm his baby donsaeng. “or..did you want to…” Heechul want to ask whether Sunggyu want to follow him. But before he can finish his sentence, Jaejoong already cut his words.

 

“Don’t worry, Hyung, I will not bully Sunggyu,” Jaejoong said while his hand pry Sunggyu’s hand from Heechul neck. Jaejoong know what Heechul going to say. He also confirms that Sunggyu will say ‘yes’ to it if he can hear the whole sentence. He can’t risk that! “It’s ok baby.. We will have a lot of fun today.” Jaejoong try to comfort the upset little hamster.

 

“I better get going now,” Heechul said. Before he enters his car, he gives a kiss on both Sunggyu’s chubby cheeks. He ruffles Sunggyu’s hair for the last time. He waves his hand to all of them with a heavy heart. They look until they can’t see Heechul’s car anymore.

 

Jaejoong rubs both Sunggyu’s arms, trying to soothe his little baby. “We think, we should get going too.” Junsu said out of the blue. “Now?” Jaejoong ask confusedly. “Emm.. We have something to do.” Yoochun tell them. Junsu hugs Jaejoong, “Have a nice weekend with your little one.” Junsu whispers into Jaejoong’s right ear. After he hugs Jaejoong, he hugs Sunggyu. “Have a nice weekend, Gyu-ah..” Junsu pat Sunggyu’s shoulder. Sunggyu just smile. Yoochun also do the same things as Junsu before they get going. He wishes good luck to Jaejoong for having a whole weekend with his little one.