Confessions

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

“Soo, please.” Chanyeol pleaded desperately.

 

“Stop. Please, stop. Stop calling me that, stop trying to make amends. Just… stop.

 

“I can’t…” the elder murmured helplessly. “You don’t understand. I just- I can’t.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled bitterly, leaning against the door as he sat, head tilted back, making an audible thump as it hit the wood. “And why is that?”

 

“Because… Because I love yo-”

 

Kyungsoo shut his eyes tightly, covering his ears with his hands as he tried to block Chanyeol’s stupid deep voice out.

 

“This isn’t funny anymore, Chanyeol. Just leave me alone.”

 

“A joke? Is that what you think this is?”

 

“Stop it.”

 

“This is a lot of things, but it’s not a joke.” Chanyeol said, tone serious.

 

“Then what is it? Some form of pity? Because I don’t need any.”

 

“Kyungsoo, can you just hear me out?”

 

“Chanyeol, I don’t-”

 

The boy sighed, “Can you please shut up?” he asked, tone as soft as could be, effectively shutting the younger up. “I heard you came to the park earlier. I know I’m pretty stupid, but I think I can piece together why I didn’t see you. I don’t know how much you heard, but I need you to realize something.

 

“I spent so long thinking that I was in love with Baekhyun. We’ve been friends for as long as I can remember, and I’ve also loved him for as long as I can remember. At least, that’s what I thought.

 

“It turns out, that in that short time that I wasn’t under the effects of a spell, I was slowly being charmed by a boy I never thought I’d fall for. I felt so at ease with him that being with him felt like… second nature. Being with him felt right. It felt comforting, easy. It felt like it was everything I’ve ever needed.

 

“But no, I was an idiot with tunnel vision for my best friend and didn’t realize all of this when I really should’ve.

 

“I don’t know what more to say. I’m in love.”

 

The two sat in silence for a few moments, Chanyeol sighing when Kyungsoo said nothing in return. He got up slowly, brushing the dust off of his pants as he made his way to the door, the slight squeak! from the hinges of the bathroom door being opened going unnoticed by the giant.

 

Kyungsoo inched out slowly, watching as Chanyeol walked away from him. He clenched his fist as he abandoned any thought lingering in his head, rushing forwards and wrapping his arms around Chanyeol’s midsection. He could feel the giant stiffen for a moment, before Chanyeol pulled away from the hug, turning around and wrapping his own long arms around Kyungsoo, placing a soft peck on the younger’s head. Kyungsoo closed his eyes, smiling as he nuzzled his face into the material of Chanyeol’s sweater, and, for the first time since the spell was put on the giant, allowed himself to completely relax into the hug, positive that nothing would be taking the elder away from him.