Swamp Donkey Junma

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

It happens exactly 3 months, 17 days, 4 hours, and 15 minutes since it happened.

 

And yes, Junmyeon has been counting.

 

“W-Who are you? Why aren’t we at school?” Baekhyun asked tentatively, backing away from the boy who he was holding moments ago.

 

“What do you-” Junmyeon began, eyes widening in understanding. “Oh my god.” he muttered. “OH MY GOD!” he screamed, Kyungsoo almost dropping his pan in shock.

 

“Goddamn it Junmyeon, can you not scream like that? I almost dropped my favourite pan.” Kyungsoo muttered, holding the pan close as he murmured quiet apologies and sweet nothings to it.

 

“THERE IS A GOD, AND HE LOVES ME!”

 

“I’m sorry, where are we?” Yixing asked, poking his head out from the bathroom door. “Last thing I remember, we were at the grocery store… Oh, hi, Baekhyun. And you’re?” he trailed off, looking at Junmyeon as the boy’s smile grew wider.

 

“I’M JUNMYEON AND LIFE IS GREAT!” he shouted, dropping to his knees. “IT’S ALMOST OVER! IT’S ALMOST OVER! I’M ALMOST FREE!”

 

“Uh- are you crying?” Kyungsoo asked as he returned his pan back onto its pedestal.

 

“YES! IT’S A HAPPY DAY FOR KIM JUNMYEON!”


“Okay, why is Junmyeon crying on the floor?” Sehun asked tentatively as he entered the apartment, Minseok in tow.

 

“THE SPELL! OH MY GOODNESS, THE SPELL! IT’S WEARING OFF! I’LL BE FREE SOON!”

 

“Oh.” Sehun said, brows furrowed. “Okay.”

 

~~~~~~~

 

After the initial excitement had worn down, and Junmyeon was once again stuck with two lovestruck idiots who were back under the effects of the spell, leaving Junmyeon in tears for a second time that day, Sehun sat alone in the kitchen, watching Kyungsoo and Minseok cook together, thoughts swimming in his head. He hesitantly took out his phone, dialing the familiar number.

 

“Luhan? I have a question to ask.”

 

“What’s up?”

 

“Well, the spell on Baekhyun and Yixing started wearing off today.”

 

“Junmyeon must be happy. Text me a picture if he cries. The kid cries like a ing swamp donkey, I swear.”

 

“Uh… You’re a bit too late for that.”

 

“Then why the hell are we still talking?”

 

“Because I have a question to ask, and if you’d shut up, I’d like to ask it.”

 

“Someone’s pushy. What is- GODDAMN IT JONGIN, DON’T STAB YIFAN WITH THAT! HE MAY BE A GIANT BUT HE’S A GENTLE SOUL!”

 

“Uh-”

 

“SHOOTING LESSONS WITH JONGIN AND YIFAN. WHAT DO YOU NEED?” Luhan asked hurriedly.

 

“Well, I was just wondering why the spell on Minseok hasn’t worn off yet. I mean, he was one of the first people who got shot, so I thought it’d only make sense that the spell would wear off on him sooner.”

 

“Wait, what? The spell hasn’t worn out on him yet?”

 

“No, not yet.”

 

“Sehun, it’s been nearly 4 months. I think- OH MY GOD, JONGIN PUT THAT DOWN! YOU CAN’T SET FIRE TO PEOPLE WHO YOU DON’T LIKE! SORRY SEHUN, I NEED TO GO!”

 

“But-”

 

Beep.

 

~~~~~~~

 

“Kyungsoo, you’re not a ty cupid, right?”

 

Kyungsoo pursed his lips. “Define ty.”

 

“Okay, whatever, it doesn’t matter. I just have a question to ask.”

 

“Shoot.”

 

“Well, you know how the spell started wearing off on everyone?”

 

Kyungsoo swallowed hard, nodding slowly.

 

“The spell hasn’t been wearing off Minseok, and I’m getting a little concerned.”

 

“Sehun, it’s been almost 4 months. Cupid magic doesn’t last that long.”

 

“What are you trying to say?”


“I’m saying that you might wanna have a talk with Minseok.”