Satisfaction Not Guaranteed

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

“Luhan, Junmyeon and I got you a gift.” Kyungsoo announced, placing a wrapped box atop the yearbook Luhan was flipping through.

 

 

The older boy eyed the box, gaze going from Kyungsoo to the present. “What is this for?”

 

“Just open it and I’ll tell you.”

 

“I’m busy.”

 

“Doing what?”

 

“I’m seeing who in the school is shippable enough to shoot.”

 

Kyungsoo gave Luhan a sheepish smile before sliding the yearbook out from under the present.

 

 

“You should probably open that then. Like right now.”

 

 

“But Kyungsooooooo! Sooyeon and Taeyeon would make the most adorable couple!”

 

“Taeyeon’s dating Baekhyun.”

 

“Well we both know how well that went.” Junmyeon shouted angrily from his room down the hall.


 

“I swear I have no feelings for her anymore Myeonnie! All my love is for you~” Baekhyun exclaimed.


 

“But Baek, what about me? Do I get any love?” Yixing asked desperately.

 

 

“Y’all are thirsty, get away from me. Myeonnie, make him go away!”

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he shoved the present closer. “Just open it.”

 

Luhan shrugged as he ripped apart the wrapping paper, leaving behind the box.

 

“What the hell is this?”

 

“It’s a 3D puzzle of a dragon!”

 

“And you got me this because?”

 

“You need to convert your energy somewhere else.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean, you need to stop shooting people as often as you do.”

 

“But what do I get out of it?”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“New arrows.”

 

“Oka- No, no, definitely not.” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, stopping himself in time. “How about the satisfaction of completing a complicated puzzle?” Kyungsoo said, trying to sound enthusiastic, but there really was no way to make this fun.

 

 

“How about no?”


 

“Please?”

 

“No.”

 

 

“Junmyeon!” Kyungsoo shouted, said boy trudging out of his room carrying one fat- Baekhyun on his back with Yixing trying his best to pry Baekhyun off. “Do you think you and your group could help me here?”

 

 

“How?” Junmyeon grumbled, Kyungsoo leaning in to whisper to him. Junmyeon sighed as he turned his head back and whispered to Baekhyun who jumped off the struggling boy’s back happily to go whisper to Yixing who looked equally as happy. Luhan watched in confusion as the group turned to him, slowly closing in.

 

“G-guys?” he stuttered as they grabbed him, lifting him off his chair and into his room. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”

 

 

The group wordlessly threw him onto his bed along with the puzzle, closing the door as they left.


 

“You can’t come out until you’ve finished the puzzle!” Kyungsoo singsonged as Luhan scoffed.


 

“The door locks from the inside smart one.”

 

“The door can be barricaded from either side, stupid.”

 

“You did not.” Luhan muttered before trying to push the door open, only to be stopped by a stack of things from the other side of the door. “GODDAMN IT KYUNGSOO! REALLY? OVER A PUZZLE?”

 

 

“Just finish it! I’m gonna be out for the next few hours with Chanyeol, you’d better be done by the time I come back.”

 

 

“KYUNGSOO!”

 

 

“Have fun! I’ll buy you some more while I’m out!”

 

 

“Please don’t.” Luhan muttered. He sighed as he made his way to his bed, shrugging as he opened the box of puzzle pieces. “Whatever. I’ll just finish and leave.”

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“JUNMYEON!” Luhan cried, slamming his fist on the desk.

 

 

“What?” he asked impatiently, Baekhyun and Yixing refusing to leave his side even after a few hours.

 

 

“WHY WON’T THE GODDAMN PIECES FIT TOGETHER?”

 

 

“It’s because you’re bad at this.”

 

“YOU GUYS COULDN’T HAVE GOTTEN ME A RUBIX CUBE, NO, THAT’S TOO EASY. AT LEAST I CAN SOLVE A RUBIX CUBE! HOW ABOUT NEXT TIME YOU GUYS GET ME THE GODDAMN ROSETTA STONE, THAT’D BE EASIER TO SOLVE THAN THIS THING!”

 

 

“Luhan-”

 

 

“GODDAMN IT!” Luhan shouted, followed by a series of crashes. Junmyeon’s eyes widened as he took down the barricade, storming into the room to find Luhan, arrow in hand, stabbing the pieces.


 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?”


 

“WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I’M DOING? I’M TEACHING THESE PUZZLE PIECES I’M A BOSS NOT TO BE MESSED WITH!”

 

 

“OH MY JESUS, LUHAN, ARE YOU CRAZY?”

 

“NO, WHAT’S CRAZY ABOUT THIS?”

 

“YOU’RE TRYING TO STAB INANIMATE OBJECTS TO DEATH WITH A LOVE ARROW!”

 

 

“I DON’T SEE YOUR POINT.”

 

 

“OH MY GOD, WHATEVER, JUST GO.”
 


“AM I FREE?”

 

“JESUS, YES! JUST STOP THAT!”

 

“KAAAAY!” Luhan smiled, skipping happily out of the room, answering his ringing phone.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Luhan.” the voice on the other end seethed.


 

“Someone doesn’t sound like a happy camper.”

 

 

No duh I don’t sound like a happy camper. I’ve had a stressful day and the second I get home with the intent of passing out on my bed, I get greeted by Minseok and the faced child you left us with.”

 

 

“Who gave Jongin alcohol?”

 

“He’s not actually faced, but he might as well be.”

 

 

“What happened?”

 

“This little brat- JONGIN GET AWAY FROM THAT! Oh my god, Luhan he’s trying to drink toilet bowl water.”

 

“Aww, Jongin reminds me of myself when I was his age.”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Don’t mind him, he’s not quite used to the human world yet.”

 

“You don’t mean-”

 

“Oh you bet. Cupid in training. This is one of the few times he’s ever been here. I was supposed to take care of him, but I thought you guys needed the maternal training.”


 

“LUHAN YOU RAGING , GET YOUR OVER HERE RIGHT NOW AND HELP ME DEAL WITH THIS!”


 

“If anyone’s the raging here, it’d be you, you raging .”

 

“JUST GET OVER HERE. NOW. YOU OWE ME A TON OF BUBBLE TEA FOR THIS .”


 

“I’ve bought you plenty of bubble tea already. I owe you nothing.”

 

YOU SURE ARE GONNA OWE ME SOME MORE AFTER THIS- JONGIN, GET AWAY FROM THAT! HE’S TRYING TO EAT PINKU PINKU WHAT DO I DO?”

 

 

“Take it away from him, but be really careful because he might-”

 

 

“OW MOTHERER! THIS LITTLE BAG JUST BIT ME!”

 

“And this is why you should let me finish my sentences.”

 

JUST GET THE OVER HERE.”

 
 
 
A/N
So byunsbaekery and I have been wondering, how did you guys find this fic? Because every day when I log onto aff theres like one or two new subscibers and it's weird because it wasn't featured or anything and there wasn't this many before.
huh
we've been freaking out cuz 106 people wanna read our badly digested thoughts like what were you all thinking when u subscribed this is so badly written lol

-texturedjeans