Late Revelations

Too Stupid To Be Cupid

Kyungsoo sighed, using his sleeve to wipe away stray tears as he lay on his bed.

 

“What was I expecting?” he murmured quietly. “It was a spell. He was never going to love me.” he chuckled bitterly. “I’m the biggest idiot there is.

 

Well. Except for maybe Luhan.”

 

He rolled over in his bed, feeling something sharp dig into his back. He sat up, grabbing the item, sighing once again when he realized what it was. Kyungsoo smiled bitterly. It was so like the giant to forget his keys.

 

He shook his head, pocketing the item as he slipped on a jacket, poking his head out of the door.

 

“Junmyeon?” he called, the elder shouting out a faint I’m here! from another room in response.

 

“Do you know where Chanyeol went?” Kyungsoo asked, walking towards Junmyeon’s voice. “He forgot his keys.”

 

“Last I heard, he was at the park near the school.” Junmyeon replied. “I’d say that’s your best bet right now.”

 

“Thanks.” Kyungsoo said hurriedly, slipping on his shoes and leaving the apartment, stepping onto the first bus that came by. He smiled despite himself, still excited to see the giant even after their fallout from earlier. He stopped to breathe in the brisk air, the nighttime still cool despite the warming weather. He hoped his giant was warm enough.

 

Taking tentative steps around the familiar path, Kyungsoo turned the bend to hear Chanyeol’s familiar voice.

 

Peering behind one of the few trees littering the surrounding area of the park, Kyungsoo could see the backs of two figures sitting close together on one of the benches - the one towering over the other was obviously Chanyeol’s, but Kyungsoo couldn’t quite tell who the other person was.

 

Hearing Chanyeol clear his throat in preparation to speak again, Kyungsoo shot glares at nearby kids acting like noisy idiots (which effectively silenced them) and leaned in just a tad closer as he heard Chanyeol begin to talk.

 

“We’ve been friends for a long time. Like a really long time. And- well, there’s no easy way of saying this, but I like you. A lot. Since we met. Since we became friends.”

 

Kyungsoo’s face paled and he worried at his lip with his teeth, gripping Chanyeol’s keys tightly in his hand.

 

Chanyeol continued. “I don’t know what happened for the past few months with the spells or whatever, but I really do. I… I love you, Baek.”

 

Kyungsoo’s jaw clenched and he turned and ran out of the park, refusing to hear any more.

 

He didn’t bother waiting for a bus, choosing instead to make his way home by foot in order to give himself more time alone.

 

~~~~~~~

 

Baekhyun sat in shock for a moment, mind racing before he collected himself, sitting up straight to look Chanyeol in the eyes.

 

“What about Kyungsoo?”

 

“Look, Baek, if this is about the whole cupid thing-”

 

“Chanyeol, I’ve heard how much he loves you. Don’t you feel anything towards him? How long has it been since the spell wore off?”

 

“I don’t know? A few weeks maybe?”

 

“And what happened in those few weeks?”

 

“We went to the supermarket, stopped by the park, we fed some ducks- I honestly don’t know why you’re asking this.”

 

“You idiot! Can you just cooperate for once?”

 

“Fine, whatever. I don’t understand how us feeding ducks has anything to do with this.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled. “We used to feed ducks in the park. Do you remember?”

 

“What? Feeding the ducks or getting shouted at by middle aged men on bikes?”

 

“I meant the duck part, but remember it as you will. You always had a strange affinity for ducks, although it wasn’t as extreme as your ferret addiction.”

 

“Okay, first off, the ferret thing was completely your fault.”

 

“Yes, because ferret stickers are to blame. Do you still have the binder?”

 

“Yeah. I showed it to Kyungsoo a few times too.”

 

“You did?”

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“You never let anybody touch that binder.”

 

“Yeah, well-”

 

“Come to think of it, you don’t normally go feeding ducks with anybody either.”

 

“Baek-”

 

“What else have you done with him?”

 

“Baekhyun, I don’t-”

 

“What else have you done with him?” he asked again, stressing his words.

 

“Uh. I think we made a time capsule? It's pretty ridiculous since I haven't made one since elementary school and we filled it with polaroids of us and letters to future generations telling them to eat . We also took selfies for Instagram, but Kyungsoo was really shy around the camera, which I frankly don't understand because his heart shaped smile is adorable but I'm not sure if he realizes that. It was hard to take selfies with him because we'd always have to distance the camera properly or else he couldn't see anything- he has myopia and refuses to wear his glasses for it because he said they make him look stupid so we went glasses shopping too. When everyone left the apartment, we'd make dinner together a lot, and afterwards, we'd just hang around the apartment. Sometimes, I'd remember to bring my guitar over and I'd just play anything that comes to my head and he sings along. He's actually helped me write a couple of songs and I wrote a song for his birthday that's coming up soon, but I’m not sure if it’s good enough since a) I can’t sing nearly as well as him and b) It’s a indie techno pop mix and I’m not sure if he’s into that and-”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened as his words slowed to a stop. “Ah .” he finally said.

 

Baekhyun smirked. “I knew it.”

 

“B-but I-” Chanyeol sputtered.

 

“I know you love me, Yeol. I love you too. We’re just not in love. As in, I know I’m a hot piece of and definitely hotter than that guy you like but, unlike the rest of the world’s population who understands how ing hot I truly am, you have feelings-” Baekhyun shudders at the word. “for Kwangsoo of all people.” Baekhyun shuddered again.

 

“Kyungsoo?”

 

“Gesundheit.”

 

Chanyeol smiled. “Thanks Baek.” he said, shooting out of his seat. “I need to go find Kyungsoo and apologize.



Also I think I left my keys at his place.”